Unable to load hotspot#1. Library not registered. (solved)

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Unable to load hotspot#1. Library not registered. (solved)

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:18 am

When I opened my "Rotten Luck" project, I went to 1 of 3 frames that previously contained looping videos. Everything worked for me up until today. When I clicked on the hotspot properties, I'm getting an error. It seems to be only for frames with looping videos. What's odd to me is that this feature worked before.

Here is the error message:

Unable to load hotspot#1 (out of 1). Automation Error. Library not registered. Do you want to remove it?

I tried created a new blank frame and adding the hotspot. When I select looping video and attach the video. I get this error, and the only way to avoid having it happen again, is to remove the offending hotspot (which is the one with the looping video).

Not sure why it wouldn't work for me, especially since I recreated the frame from scratch and it still gave me the error.

So, I reloaded Adventure Maker and it started working again. What caused it? The only thing I can think of is that I edited older versions of other projects between the times I had worked on Rotten Luck.

So, what about the Frame that I ruined when I allowed AM to remove the offending hotspot?

-------------------------------
Since I use Lyberodoggy's AM Project Toolkit, I had a backup of the project that was two weeks old. This particular frame was not edited from the last backup. I used the Frame I/E option and imported the frame and its associated files to my current project. Fixed...and very simple. Why aren't you using this nice utility? :wink:
------------------------------

If you get a message about Library not registered, uninstall Adventure Maker and then reinstall it.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 pm

I dont understand what you have done, but I'm glad that you have solved your problem, and it seems that you can help other :)

AM is sometimes very special :)

Tumbs up
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:02 pm

:D advertisment alert!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
---

reneuend