Weird Problem - AM Won't Run

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Weird Problem - AM Won't Run

Postby CBSection31 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi all,

I installed the new 4.6.1 version of AM on my Windows 7 computer. It installed perfectly, but when I double-clicked to run the program, nothing happened. I uninstalled and tried again, but no luck.

I then tried to install 4.6.0, which always ran perfectly in the past, and this too would not run.

For some reason, it seems as though no matter what version of AM I install, when I try to run it, nothing happens. I don't get an error message; the computer just sits there as though nothing happened.

I have tried restarting and clearing out my registry, but with no luck. This is so weird!

Any ideas?
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby CBSection31 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Okay, I manually cleaned out my registry of ALL references to Adventure Maker. This time, when I installed and ran the engine, I got a Windows error message: Windows detected that this program did not run correctly.

It tried applying compatibility settings, but that hasn't helped.
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby CBSection31 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Okay, got it working after lots of messing around. Honestly, I'm not sure how I got it to work...I just kept running it, and eventually it opened. You can feel free to close or lock this thread. :)
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:23 am

I'm glad you got it working!

I ran into issues when I ran older versions of AM projects in Win7. It would crash when I tried to view the project properties. The only way I could fix it was to reinstall AM. Your issue sounds much more frightening!

Now, I use my XP computer for older AM projects...call me paranoid. It might have nothing to do with older projects in Win7, but I'm not taking any chances.

Okay...get to work....I still waiting for a game from you! :-)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports