Help please!

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Help please!

Postby Melli » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey,
every time I try to open AM the following error appears:

Unable to start Adventure Maker. Please reinstall program. if error persists, please contact the authors. to download the latest version of the program, please visit: www.AdventureMaker.com

every time I go to uninstall so I can reinstall it says:
Are you sure you want to completely remove Adventure Maker v4.3.0 and all its components?

Is there someway I can reinstall AM without losing all my files?
Melli

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Try running AM without uing the AM Launcher.exe it should work the non-launcher EXE is in the same directory. I had the problem too, but I just did this and it started working again. If the problem still persists, contact the creators of AM there's an email listed on the site's homepage. They will re-send the activation code by email.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:41 am

There are some other threads about this issue in here somewhere. But Time Killer is very good at this stuff, so I would go with his suggestion first. if you want to save your projects, COPY and PASTE the "Projects" folder to a different location (you should always do that anyway as a backup!)

Welcome to the forums and we hope to see you out here often! Questions are most welcome! Dream it and build it!!!!!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Melli » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Thank you,
I did try what time-killer-games said, but I couldn't find the non-launcher, I've sent an E-mail to the creators. So I'll see what they have to say.
And Thank you, reneuned, I never thought of copying and pasting my projects folder, I'll do that. :)
Melli

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Hey Melli,

When you get a little familiar with Adventure Maker, you may want to use this tool.

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6102

Not only can you backup your projects, but you can extract frames from one project and move it to another on. why would you do that? It's great when you have a test project when you want to figure out how to do something without messing up your game project. Once you got the test working, you can easily copy it to your game project using this tool. There is a manual that comes with it, so you won't have to figure out how everything works by trial and error.

I hope you get an answer soon.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Where did you download AM from......and when did you download it...?..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Melli » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:20 pm

I downloaded it from the AM website about... maybe 2 years ago? I got the free version first and then paid for the full non-commercial version later, the free version still works fine, but the full version doesn't, and also I noticed that it actually works on my sisters account but not mine, we share a computer, so, why should it work on one account, but not the other?
Melli

Postby reneuend » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 am

Maybe you don't have administration privileges for your account????
What windows version are you using? XP, Vista, Win7
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Melli » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:49 pm

I have XP, It used to work on my account, I was using it for about 2 years before it stopped working, and she says she didn't change any settings
Melli

Postby reneuend » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:26 pm

So each of you have your own account. Did you install a copy of AM separately? or is it the same program but installed to work for anyone on that computer?

If you installed separate AM programs, then it sounds like your registry for AM is messed up.

If you are sharing the same program, then I don't know, but I would still guess that its the registry since I can't imagine what else it could be.

Take a look at this thread and see if it helps.

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5052&highlight=registry
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Melli » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:35 pm

both accounts use the same AM program

but... I'm afraid I've really messed things up now... I tried to reinstall the program, but when I uninstalled it so I could reinstall, everything disappeared, I can't find a reinstallation anywhere on my computer! what do I do now???
Melli

Postby mercedes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Melli wrote:both accounts use the same AM program

but... I'm afraid I've really messed things up now... I tried to reinstall the program, but when I uninstalled it so I could reinstall, everything disappeared, I can't find a reinstallation anywhere on my computer! what do I do now???

We posted at the same time..so i deleted my last post..

What are u trying to reinstall...I don't understand what you mean by re installation disappeared..

Are u going by the original email..? Are u only running EXE or are u installing program at this point..?
Last edited by mercedes on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Melli » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:43 pm

I was trying to reinstall AM, but after I unistalled it, I couldn't reinstall it because I can't find it anywhere on my computer
Melli

Postby mercedes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Ok...It's possible that when you chose to uninstall...All and its components..it uninstalled the EXE that may have been on your desktop

Ok so from here you need to go to AM's website..and download the EXE again...save it to desktop..If you can get 4.52- go with it..

Then run the exe...and once is installed..Follow email..

You should see you have installed AM successfully at the end..

[re-check my posts..cause i edit frequently..If i think I forgot to write something..:)]
mercedes
VIP

Postby Melli » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 pm

ok, I'm sorry, I'm a little confused... what E-mail am I supposed to be following?
and can I download the Exe without paying for AM again?
Melli

Postby mercedes » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Melli wrote:ok, I'm sorry, I'm a little confused... what E-mail am I supposed to be following?
and can I download the Exe without paying for AM again?

When you purchased AM, you would have received an email from KAGI--and it are your instructions..on how to install the FREE-to NON Commercial..

Each time you upgrade, you get another email...with directions to follow..So you don't have to repurchase AM..

You don't have to repurchase even if you lost the email...

However, you will have to go online to KAGI..and get the email product info there..They'll have it on-file..so to speak..without having to wait for GM to contact you..

They'll ask you private info..that only you will know..

If you need help with that..Let me know..and I'll guide you..:)
Last edited by mercedes on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Absolutely!
You only need your registration key to make it a full version. So download it and install it. Please post back and let us know what happens!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:00 am

Indecently, I also wanted to mention..;
Before going to KAGI..You can try and search your mail ap..by doing this;

Open up your email ap that you would have associated with AM..[whichever one you would have received email.]

If you aren't sure, try this with each one that you have, hotmail, yahoo, g-mail..ect.

At the top---usually above your folders, where you see INbox..SENT..ect..
There is an option to Search Mail--along with search Web. Choose Mail.

In the search field type the word KAGI...From there you may find it..Nothing is permanently deleted, unless it's in SPAM folder..

If it has been deleted, it might look scratched out...Let us know if you have any luck..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Melli » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:59 am

well, Unforunately, my sister and I don't remember what e-mail we used and Kagi can't find the information, I'm gonna keep looking though... *sigh*
Melli

Postby mercedes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:26 am

Melli wrote:well, Unforunately, my sister and I don't remember what e-mail we used and Kagi can't find the information, I'm gonna keep looking though... *sigh*

ok well....Sadly, you do need to know which email you used..Goodluck in your search..:)

As for the post before me... :evil: I seriously hate spam..and that looks like spam to me.
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Send an email to GM or AM support. He will resend your key.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Melli » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 am

Hey!

I'm writing to inform you all, That I FOUND THE E-MAIL! :D
and to thank you for all your help, its greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

I am now reinstalling AM and if it works again I'll be able to happily go back to game making Yay!!
Melli

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports