exe. project including plug-ins.

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

exe. project including plug-ins.

Postby arienram » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:58 am

Hi folks. Haven't got back for a while. Busy! However a problem has occured that I was unaware of until now. I set up some demo projects in Adventure Maker to send to a friend, and after compiling, tested them on another computer with a lot less grunt than mine. After the install on the spare (which doesn't have Adventure Maker installed) I discovered that the plugins, like ShadowHunter's Particle+ and Rain Gen etc didn't copy over. I tried adding them in compiler oxc?? section but still got the error message and the snow and rain wouldn't fall. I also some while back posted a Rain Generator demo on the site and took it for granted that it all worked on everyone elses computers who cared to download it, but I suspect that it might have been faulty. Any advice on how to include the plugins during exe? Thanks in advance. arienram :?
Ps: Oh. I'm running the full version of 4.5 and Xp.
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby Candle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:09 am

You can make an installer for those programs with a free installer program called http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authoring- ... tion.shtml
No hard to run and just add it in the download folder and tell them to run that second.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Re: exe. project including plug-ins.

Postby mercedes » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:50 am

I discovered that the plugins, like ShadowHunter's Particle+ and Rain Gen etc didn't copy over. I tried adding them in compiler oxc?? section but still got the error message and the snow and rain wouldn't fall. I also some while back posted a Rain Generator demo on the site and took it for granted that it all worked on everyone elses computers who cared to download it, but I suspect that it might have been faulty. Any advice on how to include the plugins during exe? Thanks in advance. arienram :?

Hey there...:)

That's odd indeed..Is there any chance you didn't register the plugins..?..

For instance..; When you download the plugins...You contact him...he then sends you a code..to register the copy of the product..copy and paste it...ect..

I'm not sure if that's what's going on....but I assume it might if it wasn't registered..this way it can't be distributed..

That's a handy program to have Candle..thanks..!~
mercedes
VIP

Plugin problem during exe

Postby arienram » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for your quick replies. The program you have suggested Candle is worth a look and yes, Mercedes, all my Pugins are registered. What confuses me is why other users have not had this problem or perhaps they haven't tried to distribute games or part demos like myself much?? I assumed that these plugins enhanse your presentations/games etc to such an extent, everyone would want to use them! Anyway, I'll have a look at this program but I would have thought that Adventure Maker would have allowed for this in its progam or maybe I'm an isolated case.
Thanks again. Cheers. Arienram
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby mercedes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 am

Hey there...:)

Ok..There is a patch that Juhu has created for the Plugin Particle..

I don't know if that will help..There is a .dll that doesn't get registered...I don't know if that has since been solved..And if this is an older link..

You can find it here;
http://www.wuttiggames.com/index.php?site=Downloads

****Also, did you follow directions on how to install Particle and Rain Generator..in AM [Ocx and PL1] files from Shadow's website..?

Putting all pictures in to External Folder......Known Issues..ect..***

As for the Rain Generator..plugin
There is a known issue...with compiled projects..Not sure if that's since been fixed..Having to do with files not being registered..

All this info..Is on Shadow's website..
http://www.shadowhunter.co.uk/index1.html

Just to be sure..When you registered either...you did get a Successful note afterwards ...?

I know for myself..when i first registered them..It looked like all was ok..cause nothing really happened..But then when i finally registered it properly..There was a difference..It's case sensitive too..

mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports