Cannot see objects well in 360 degree panorama [SOLVED]

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Cannot see objects well in 360 degree panorama [SOLVED]

Postby Morsy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 pm

I was making my game, and I decided to make another 360 degree panorama because they look really cool. I went on Bryce 7, inserted a house, 3 people and a truck on the map, rendered it, resized it and so on. I put it on Adventure Maker and it was fine except that you couldn't tell what the people were and the truck (It looked like 3 lines and a blob). Do I make the objects bigger on Bryce so you can see them better? Thanks for reading :)

SOLVED
Make the objects bigger :P
Last edited by Morsy on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morsy

Re: Cannot see objects well in 360 degree panorama

Postby mercedes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:03 am

Morsy wrote:I was making my game, and I decided to make another 360 degree panorama because they look really cool. I went on Bryce 7, inserted a house, 3 people and a truck on the map, rendered it, resized it and so on. I put it on Adventure Maker and it was fine except that you couldn't tell what the people were and the truck (It looked like 3 lines and a blob). Do I make the objects bigger on Bryce so you can see them better? Thanks for reading :)

hey there...:)

The size of your frames are pretty large..So ya i would make the objects bigger..

Here's something you can try;

Load the picture background..into Paint or something..where u can see the actual size of the frame..2048*2048--if that's what it is..

Right-click in paint on the picture and choose; pastefrom..
From there..find the truck..and allow it to paste into the picture..Don't resize it or anything..

Once you let it paste..you should see the size of the truck compared to the actual background..

From there..edit the truck to fit..

Be sure to just exit out of Paint..without saving..

Let me know if this works..It's just something I thought of..but didn't try..
I'm not sure if when you open Bryce..if the picture comes out as the real size..Some software..makes them smaller..so they are easier to edit..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Morsy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:26 pm

It helped a little bit. Thanks :) And the technique you told me to try- I don't get this part...
From there..find the truck..and allow it to paste into the picture..
Morsy

Postby mercedes » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 am

Hi there..:)

...Open the picture background with Paint---The frame you are using in AM

..When you have Paint open..;

Right click the picture and choose; PasteFrom----meaning-- paste from a folder..--Where u are keeping the picture of the truck.

Then, once you find it..allow it to paste..

I said this so you can see the actual size..of both pictures..The truck..and the background..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Morsy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I downloaded the truck and it didn't come with a picture. :(
Morsy

Postby mercedes » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Morsy wrote:I downloaded the truck and it didn't come with a picture. :(

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... :?

You had mentioned that your pictures of the truck..and the ppl..looked like lines and a blob..

When i say picture..;
Use the actual picture you pasted them onto in Bryce..Use the actual frame background u pasted truck and ppl into.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Morsy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm

When I downloaded the truck, it was a .obj file in a folder, and in the folder, there was no picture of the truck. Are you saying that the .obj file can be inserted into Paint?
Morsy

Postby mercedes » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 am

Morsy wrote:When I downloaded the truck, it was a .obj file in a folder, and in the folder, there was no picture of the truck. Are you saying that the .obj file can be inserted into Paint?

Ok..I think i see what you're saying now...

I had assumed when you said, house, ppl and truck--That they were 2 separate pictures..of ppl and a truck.

Can you try pasting the picture itself..Whatever picture you inserted into the background...using the instructions I give u earlier?

I only wanted you to do that..so you could see actual size of house..truck and ppl..before you rendered it in Bryce..

I wanted you to compare it to the background, using an application-[Paint]..that would give you true size of all pictures.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Morsy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:39 am

This is getting pretty confusing... :lol:

Can you try pasting the picture itself..Whatever picture you inserted into the background...using the instructions I give u earlier?

I did not paste a picture into a background. I downloaded objects, went on Bryce, made a ground and sky and everything, inserted the objects and all that.

..If that's what your looking for. :|'
Morsy

Postby mercedes » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:38 am

I downloaded objects, went on Bryce, made a ground and sky and everything, inserted the objects and all that.

Did you try making the objects bigger...or can you..change size..for that matter..

Earlier on..it sounded like the background..was made first..Then you inserted the objects in..after..

Some software allows you to edit..a picture..in smaller pixels..

In other words..you're not editing a picture while its 2048*2048--It opens in a smaller size..This way you can edit better.

When you inserted the objects..It may have looked like they fit...when in real time...they are much smaller..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Morsy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Did you try making the objects bigger...or can you..change size..for that matter..

Yup. Maybe I should make them a lot more bigger? (I've repeated this almost 10 times and it gets only a tiny bit bigger)
Morsy

Postby mercedes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:46 am

That's why I wanted you to open background picture in Paint..so you see the actual size..

Once you do that...pastefrom, the picture you are making bigger into it..so you see actual size as well of that one..

You can also stretch it..so u can see what size it should be..

Btw..Did you ever end up trying that..Wondering if you were able to open it..and paste it..

If you do that...don't save it..!~:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Morsy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:17 am

I tried, didn't let me paste the truck T_T But it's ok :D
Morsy

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports