a problem with gifs

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

a problem with gifs

Postby insaneproject » Sun May 13, 2012 3:16 pm

can use a cursor when it passes over a hotspot to change color?

another question:

and while I can do that when you click on the hotspot is an animated gif I start in the same frame?

I want to do is:

a sight of a gun that squeezing in a suitable hotspot image of the gun is in gif format Realize a shot just stop this gif

this is possible?
HERE MY WEBSITE AND MY GAMES! CLICK HERE:http://magva-productions.es.tl/
insaneproject
Advanced Member

Re: a problem with gifs

Postby reneuend » Sun May 13, 2012 7:14 pm

insaneproject wrote:can use a cursor when it passes over a hotspot to change color?

Yes! What do you want to change color? The cursor or the hotspot? or something else?

insaneproject wrote:another question:

and while I can do that when you click on the hotspot is an animated gif I start in the same frame?

I'm finding that animated gifs don't like to play by the rules! I'm coming up with a solution for this though.

insaneproject wrote:I want to do is:

a sight of a gun that squeezing in a suitable hotspot image of the gun is in gif format Realize a shot just stop this gif

this is possible?

My initial answer to this was wrong. sorry! I think I have an idea for a solution. I'm doing some testing and I'll get back with you.

I'll display the code and instructions for this in the next few hours. Stand by for an update to this note!

[UPDATE] If you are NOT using win7, then you could change the animated gif to an avi file and then use the LoopingVideo commands:

LoopingVideo(index).Pause
LoopingVideo(index).Play
*-where index is the hotspot index

I haven't figure out how to fix this with Windows 7 and keep it in the same frame.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Morsy » Mon May 14, 2012 3:06 am

This is the 1000th topic in the sub-forum "Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports" xD
Morsy

Postby reneuend » Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 am

LOL. Good catch!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: a problem with gifs

Postby reneuend » Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 am

insaneproject wrote:can use a cursor when it passes over a hotspot to change color?

If you mean to change the color of the cursor when it hovers over the hotspot, create another cursor the same as the one you want to change the color of, save it as an ico file and then use the following command in the frame properties advanced tab.

hotspot(index).MouseIcon = LoadGraphicFile("filename")

- where index is the hotspot index and filename is the ico filename.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby insaneproject » Mon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm

thanks yours answer as solver my problem THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! reneued ur is number one!
HERE MY WEBSITE AND MY GAMES! CLICK HERE:http://magva-productions.es.tl/
insaneproject
Advanced Member

Postby mercedes » Mon May 14, 2012 7:48 pm

HI there..:)

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6079

It's a tutorial I zipped up...with images and hover. They might come in handy sometime as well....

There are numbers, as well as arrows with hover properties. They change color...when you hover over them..

There are a few tutorials.. with Animations, where you can stop and play them..Trying to find them!..lol..

Or is it possible that was a feature that was added, and that's what I'm thinking about Reneuend?

Either way, reneuend uses videos and they come out really well..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Mon May 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks Mercedes. Sorry I missed your tutorial! You should have released Crazy Rooms and everyone could see how cool the hovers work! LOL.

We need to organize these tutorials. I'll look at doing that when I have some time.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Sorry I missed your tutorial! You should have released Crazy Rooms and everyone could see how cool the hovers work! LOL.

I know! I think of it every day..

I'm still trying to work on that website..only I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the picture on the website builder template..

All I want is something plain black..some colored links..and a few game pictures..And I can't rid myself of this stupid picture template.. :x ..lol. Sadly.. I don't understand how it works..:(

We need to organize these tutorials. I'll look at doing that when I have some time.

..ya for sure..That would be handy..:D
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports