3 questions about : fullscreen/menu/pano

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

3 questions about : fullscreen/menu/pano

Postby Simon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi everyone, it's me again...
These are some questions I submitted to GM, but the functions are not implemented in AM. Anyways, he advised me to post it here, because some of you might know some "tricks" to do the things. Let's go...

1/ Fullscreen / windowed.

Is there a code to allow people to switch fullscreen / windowed mode while playing ?

2/ Personalized in-game menu

In my game, I use the usual AM menu, I think it?s nice and I don?t want to use additional plugins. I speak of this menu :

In this menu, is there a way to add a new line ? For example, adding the "switch fullscreen/windowed? in the options. Or adding ?quit to menu?, so the player can go to my personalized main menu ?
Second question : is it possible to change the picture of the wrench in anything else ?

3/ Panoramic with front picture.

You can see 3 telescopes on the previous picture. When you watch inside, it goes in a 360 panoramic like this one :

(Of course you can move in the game.)

Now I?d like to simulate the ?you look through a telescope? effect, by adding a kind of round black shape like that :

As a result, I was wondering if AM supports a transparent gif in front of a 360 ? So I can get somthing like that :

(with the background moving as a 360, but the front round-shape fixed).

Well, that?s all folks ! Thanks.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Very interesting questions!

I can't answer about editing the built-in AM window or wrench. Your best chance would most likely be ShadowHunter or Lyberodoggy.

The last one you can use ShadowHunter's KeyGuard Plugin to simulate looking through a scope. I did this in one of my games for a rifle scope.

good luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey thanks reneuend !
It's true that keyguard offers a lot of solutions ! I wanted to use as less external programs as possible, but I think I'll definitely have a look at this one ! I'm sure Shadow won't see any problem :)
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Shadow? problem? He'd be quite pleased if you used it! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 am

Nice questions indeed...

Well, brrr, all is posible of course but it won't be that simple...

To modify the ingame menu you would need a plugin that hooks to the menu of AM, trap the involved messages and inject your own code... I use this technique also in KeyGuard... this is not so easy if you are new to programming but is very powerful once you understand it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 89(v=vs.85).aspx

Tools like Spy++ or even better Winspector Spy deliver all the information you need to create this.

I never tried it but using a GIF to the AM to get the effect probaly won't work: AM takes a snapshot of the frame including text, hotspots and copies it to the pano plugin, inside the plugin the cylinder is created with DirectX and the whole stuff is blitted back to AM as requested by the user. I assume the GIF will be part of the cylinder.

I'm currently working on KeyGuard to have full support with the cylindric panoramic plugin and I'm pretty sure it can be accomplished what you need by using the mask option. The update is going great but I need some time since I can only work on it in my free time which is almost none existing combing a full time job, a baby and a 3 year old and is usually between midnight and 03.00 AM :lol:

Sorry that the solution is not that simple... perhaps someone else has a better or more easy idea?

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Vairon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 am

I'm currently working on KeyGuard to have full support with the cylindric panoramic plugin

This is fantastic! :D
If you need help to test, you know I'm here.

Do you think that with the cubic panorama plugin will also improve the compatibility?
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby Simon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 am

Wow, you need to sleep sometimes :roll:
Don't worry Shadow, if there's no solution, I'll use the current AM functions. I just wanted to take care of these details if it was possible. What I need most would be the fullscreen/windowed switch, but I fear it's the most difficult to get...
Simon
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports