Safe Code/clicking hotspots in specific order

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Safe Code/clicking hotspots in specific order

Postby Eowyn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 am

Greetings to all of you who are still around (I note that these forums are quieter than they were a few years ago).

Although I have been using AM for years, I have only just commenced attempting to use VBScript. I have no problems understanding variables, but the syntax of VB Script has me somewhat confused.

I am trying to design a puzzle which recreates a security panel which requires the player to click on a sequence of four numbered buttons in a specific order. If the player clicks on the wrong buttons, or the correct buttons in the wrong order, I want an error message to be displayed; obviously if they click the buttons in the correct order, I want a door to unlock.

I have attempted to implement the code posted in 2005 by Skye, but I always get a syntax error, and I have not been able to work out why. I was wondering if something has been omitted from that tutorial. The sample game that was posted in relation to that post is no longer available.

I have also looked at the tutorial posted in 2008 by mercedes, but I don't think that will do exactly what I want it to do.

If anybody could provide a basic, step-by-step guide to how to do this I would be very grateful. A sample game which not only gives the script, but also shows the variables would also be useful.

Please be very gentle with me, as I find VBScript a bit confusing.

Thanks
Attachments
code panel copy.jpg
This is the image for the frame
code panel copy.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Eowyn

Postby reneuend » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 am

I've done quite a few lessons on sequencing. Look at issue 19 of Bite by Byte...located here: http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5888

If you still need help, I have other examples as well. Good luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Safe Code/clicking hotspots in specific order

Postby Gumbro » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 am

Hi, I'm pretty sure this can be done without scripting as well. There is a tutorial for switches:

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/puzzles.htm#switches

Test first with three buttons. Use the same logic to add more buttons. Now, I think I made a demo of this, but cannot access it right now. Let me know if you can figure it out, if not, I'll get the demo file for you.
Last edited by Gumbro on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gumbro

Re: Safe Code/clicking hotspots in specific order

Postby reneuend » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm

---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports