Audio Fade-in/Fade-out and Crossfade with version 4.7.1

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Audio Fade-in/Fade-out and Crossfade with version 4.7.1

Postby lanternwaste » Tue May 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi,
I just upgraded to Adventure Maker version 4.7.1, and I'm not sure how to use the audio fade-in/fade-out or crossfade feature. I was wondering if someone could help me out with that. Also, (even though I'm pretty sure it's impossible) is it possible to have the inventory box look one way, and then have it automatically change to a different look at a certain point in the game? (e.g. make the inventory background color change) Thanks in advance! :D
lanternwaste

Re: Audio Fade-in/Fade-out and Crossfade with version 4.7.1

Postby reneuend » Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 am

Hi LanternWaste,

I think it depends on how/when you want to fade the music. What triggers it?

Example Use:
Upon entering a frame, music plays in a loop
The user clicks on a hotspot that takes them to a different frame.
As the user is taken to the next frame the music fades out.
On the next frame, you could play a different sound or music and fade in.

frame 1: from frame properties, select audio tab and set a channel to play music. checkmark the loop option.
frame 1: from a hotspot properties, set it to go to another frame and set the fade option to 2 seconds. Select audio tab. Select the same channel as before. Set it to "stop". And select fade. The fade duration is default to 2 seconds (at the bottom of the dialog).
frame 2: Set the frame properties to play a different song if you wish and set the checkmark fade option.....

As for the inventory background color change. Did you want to change the color based on the frame the user is on or is it triggered by something else?
With a little scripting, you can set the color on the InventoryCanvasObject. There is an InventoryBackgroundObject, but that is an image.

I started with a lime green background and I used a hotspot to change the color of the inventory to light blue. YUK!
Be sure you have something in your inventory so you can see it work. Use the Action.AddItem "object" in the frame properties advanced tab to add something to the frame's inventory if you wish to test.

This changes it to light blue
Code: Select all
InventoryCanvasObject.BackColor = RGB(0,255,255)

If you want to learn more properties on a picturebox like the "InventoryCanvasObject", go to the MSDN site here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zzt5x46b(v=vs.80).aspx

...good luck and have fun!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Audio Fade-in/Fade-out and Crossfade with version 4.7.1

Postby Candle » Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 am

By script.
Code: Select all
If you want a transition, use the following syntax:
     Action.GoToFrame "FRAME_NAME", DURATION, NUMBER

where DURATION is the transition duration in seconds and NUMBER is the number that identifies the transition. The possibilities for NUMBER are:

1   Alphablending
2   Slide Left
3   Slide Right
4   Slide up
5   Slide Down
Note(1): The new frame is not loaded immediately. Adventure Maker waits until the end of the script execution before going to the other frame. If the "Action.GoToFrame" command is called several times during the execution of the script, only the last call is considered (all the other calls are ignored).

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/vbsc ... erence.htm
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports