question about upgrading windows

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

question about upgrading windows

Postby jack8135 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Greetings! I am considering upgrading from windows xp to windows 7 soon and I am concerned about my Adventure Maker projects not working properly. Are there any issues I should be aware of with windows 7? Will my existing projects work correctly when I upgrade?
jack8135

Re: question about upgrading windows

Postby reneuend » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi J.A.C.K.

If you used out-of-the-box features of AM and didn't do any VB Scripting, then if you upgrade AM to the latest version. Your games should work fine. The only caveat with that would be any plugins that you used in your games that weren't updated for Windows 7.

Please go ahead and move to Windows 7 because the day is drawing near when XP will no longer be supported (April 14th, 2014). Any issues with your game and we can help you fix them if necessary.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby jack8135 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks for replying reneuend! :D
Ok now I'm worried because I did use VB Scripting. A lot of it as a matter of fact. I would say that just about every frame and many hot spots in my games use VB Scripting for some function or another. What are my options for making it work?
jack8135

Postby reneuend » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:03 am

I upgraded my games and honestly, there wasn't that many changes. There is a new PlaySound routine if you used the old one. There are a few plugins that don't seem to work because they were not updated for Win7. The spotlight is probably the biggest one.

I still say to bite the bullet and upgrade. There is enough support here on the forums to help you through it should you need it.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports