All kinds of panoramic problems please.

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

All kinds of panoramic problems please.

Postby Rabbit » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 am

Hello everyone, I was using AM back in WIndows XP days and now I am looking at again now it's working with Windows 7. Glad to see you are all soldiering on.

Unfortunately I'm not having much joy, and wonder if anyone has any tips:
* Tried to use the Cylindrical Panorama plugin, but the image bounces up and down quickly when the plug in is active. Maybe it doesn't like my display card which is a Geforge GT540M
* So I tried to install the Cubic Panorama, but I get the error that 'Unable to Initialise - probably not installed properly'. 'Type mismatch "wrapperArray"'.
So I uninstalled it using the Registry tool on this BBS, then attempted to reinstall. I get that 'the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005". I looked up the error at Microsoft but it matches many possible reasons.
I have other plugins working OK.

Many thanks for any support.
Rabbit

Re: All kinds of panoramic problems please.

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:58 am

I wish I could say I could be of any help to you, but I don't have these issue and everything installed and works just fine for me. I hope you get this worked out. Hopefully someone will be able to assist you.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Rabbit » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 am

Thanks for your good wishes. Problem is that I can't really start development on something when I can't be sure that I'd be able to rely on the software. So I've moved onto something else much more expensive (which I won't tout here!) I don't mind having paid the fee because someday it'll work and the author deserves it and all that. Cheers.
Rabbit

Postby Simon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:56 am

Problem is that I can't really start development on something when I can't be sure that I'd be able to rely on the software. So I've moved onto something else much more expensive

You can tell the name of your "something else much more expensive" ! It's interesting for me and everyone.
On top of that, I don't see any software as easy to use as AM that is much more expensive. There are others, like Visionaire and Wintermute, which are very good softwares, but they're less expensive, so I don't see what you could have bought and now I'm curious :mrgreen:
Unless you speak of Unity3D, or a software not meant to create specifically Adventure games ???

So to come back to the panoramic problem :
There are many people who use these plugins here, and they are working. My commercial game, ASA: A Space Adventure, uses the cylindrical plug, and it works perfectly, despite the fact that it is memory consuming.

So I see various possibilities :
1 - your PC is not powerful enough (but hey, your geforce is good !)
2 - your initial panoramic "flat" texture is too large (above 4000 px large)
3 - you have indeed a problem to fix on your pc. And you should fix it, no matter the software you use to develop your game ! Because it might cause a lot of troubles somedays.
4 - you don't have the latest version of Adventure Maker

Well I'm not an expert of AM and its plugs, so I'm not sure you did things correctly or not. Maybe you can wait for someone else to answer ?
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:46 pm

I haven't used the panoramic plugins for AM, so I can't help with specific issues with this plugin. I wish I could.

...then attempted to reinstall. I get that 'the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005". I looked up the error at Microsoft but it matches many possible reasons.
I have other plugins working OK.

Did you open the command line in administration mode? You'll need to do this or it will fail.
>From the Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories
- Right-click on "Command Prompt"
- Choose "Run As Administrator"
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Did you open the command line in administration mode?

I'm afraid he doesn't care anymore... He found another software, so...
Simon
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports