2 questions

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

2 questions

Postby jack8135 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:30 am

Greetings!
I have 2 questions about what can be done with AM.
1. Is it possible to lock the mouse to a hotspot? The concept I have is a menu that pops up with 4 options. The menu and 4 options are all separate hotspots that are enabled with the same variable. When the variable is set to 1, the menu and choices pop up and I want the cursor to be "stuck" within the dimensions of the menu.
2. Is it possible to add a stroke to the text that appears in a text box? Perhaps there is a plugin that can do it? To clarify, I'm not talking about a strike through or underline but rather an outline around the type that gives it some "pop".

Thanks for your help!
-Jack
jack8135

Re: 2 questions

Postby reneuend » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi Jack,

1. I'm quite sure you can do this with ShadowHunter's KeyGuard plugin.

2. I'm not sure what you are asking in this question. If you want to customize the look of text in a textbox, the easiest way is to create your own font set and load it with the game in the resources directory. Another option would be to fake the textbox and use "image" fonts like I did in the AMJournal plugin.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby jack8135 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks reneuend!

1. I'm quite sure you can do this with ShadowHunter's KeyGuard plugin.

I do have KeyGuard and I checked the included documentation for this. All I could find was how to set the cursor position, I couldn't figure out how to lock it. Does anybody have any experience with this?

2. I'm not sure what you are asking in this question. If you want to customize the look of text in a textbox, the easiest way is to create your own font set and load it with the game in the resources directory. Another option would be to fake the textbox and use "image" fonts like I did in the AMJournal plugin.

I'll have to grab that plugin and check it out :D I did consider creating my own font but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it easily or cheaply...
jack8135

Postby reneuend » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:58 pm

I know how to lock it using keyguard, but here is another and easier method. HIDE the mouse pointer and put an image of the pointer on the hotspot.

WARNING! The AMJournal plugin isn't exactly what you want, its the way I programmed it that will do what you are trying to do. Also, the AMJournal hasn't been updated for Windows 7 yet. I really need to take care of that!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports