max screensize

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

max screensize

Postby Disturbing13 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Greetings guys,
I'm prety new to AM and was just wondering what is the max screen size for scenes,and is widescreen supported?
Thanks. :)
Disturbing13

Re: max screensize

Postby time-killer-games » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm

AM games can't scale or adapt to different screen sizes. Even when in full screen the window size is the same, but just with a black border around it covering the rest of the screen area. Of coarse you can change the resolution with the ChangeDisplayResolution() function, but depending on your moniter nd hardware support some of the resolutions won't be supported, I.e. 640x480 won't work on giant super HD screens, and 1024x768 won't work on older hardware. I'm not completely certain about this so anyone wants to correct me if I'm wrong then feel free. But in most cases resolution shouldn't be an issue.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi ! Can't tell about widescreen - I had no problem with my game ASA - but resolution size CAN BE an issue. You can't use HD resolutions, which really was a problem for me.
It will depend on the kind of game you want to create. If you don't mind your project to have a "retro spirit", then you have access to all the resolutions you need, from 640 to 1024. But if you want to create a modern game with a proper 1920x1080 resolution, you'd better try another soft, or make a petition here :D I'll sign !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Disturbing13 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks guys. I took a look at some of the games others have made and it's all cool. I'll be purchasing soon. The official game from users page is however not working.
Disturbing13

Postby Simon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:01 am

Great, glad we could help, then !
Yes indeed the game page is dead, the admin is busy and coudln't fix it yet.
In the meantime, you can have a look at the previous games projects in the "New Games Announcements" forum. Most of the games are posted here sooner or later.
viewforum.php?f=5
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Also if you really want to see what AM can do, check out ^ this guy's game, ASA: A Space Adventure. Simon is amazing!
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:15 am

LOL !
thanks TKG ! :D
Simon
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports