AM Staff gone?!

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

AM Staff gone?!

Postby Stitches » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:03 am

I went to request email to get a copy of my registration info again since I had some odd problems recently. The software has been exceptionally buggy for me and is crashing in a way nobody knows about so my only option at this stage is to reinstall and hope for the best. I lost a month's work and am at the end of my thread here. When attempting contact for the info copy, messages refuse to send. Contact2006@adventuremaker.com ? Have they blocked support? Has the site been hacked again? Can somebody help?

Edit:
I luckily have the receipt from Kagi and have sent for information again. Though still no joy trying to get a hold of contact AM team. I'll keep trying to send emails and get back in if theres any luck. Whilst here, would it be possible to see how many people still use this forum/software? I keep miethering poor Reneuend for advice on the bugs and so forth :oops: , be better if there were more folk who could support. I won't be able to contribute if I can't catch up a bit. :?
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Re: AM Staff gone?!

Postby Simon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey Stitches, it's true that this forum has known better days with much more people visiting.
For the moment it's the same people turning around here : reneuend, vairon, v66, time-killer, me, and others that I can read quite often. However we're not the staff and we're not here to support people who purchased AM, even if we do when we can.

If you don't have an answer to your question, it's either that we didn't understand it, or either that we don't have any way to help...

I would say that things might change in the future, as soon as there is a new release of the soft. There are things in discussion to improve the AM engine and GM is still enjoying it. It's now a matter of time.

If you want to contact GM (the creator of Adventure Maker), I think reneuend has another e-mail adress for you. He will probably give it gladly if he reads this message.
Good luck with your project, and don't give up !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Stitches » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi and thanks for reply,Simon. Apologies for seeming crass- it was 4am and I'd been up hour just frustrating myself further and further. I presumed a few of the folk here were involved with the software, not just GM. Sorry about that, just from reading recent posts you guys really know your stuff. Catching up is gonna be rough. But ain't giving up. Moment of apoplexy last night after losing my project to unknown buggery. Hadn't slept in days (kid's been ill). Bit of a wee gripe. :roll: Hopefully when new version comes out things will pickup around here. I'm also happy to read there that GM hasn't abandoned the project. Don't suppose you know how to solve the ocx install problem I mentioned? Just wanting to give sprites a walk path instead of one point to another. Anyhow thanks so much and aye, sorry for the shpiel. :oops:
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 am

GM wrote and said he contacted you via email. Did you receive it?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Stitches » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 am

yes... just got it now and backed it up. Thinking of doing a full wipe down this week and setting up for a fresh start. Nice to have the option again. Cheers guys for the support. And again, glad to see folk still out and about on here. Do forgive my silly worries.
Stitches

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 am

I understand...I've been there too! I'm just glad you have your registration. Be sure to save both a hard copy and electronic. It's what I've done!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey no problem Stitches ! :lol: I can understand that someone becomes crazy after losing a part of his AM project because of a bug, that noone seems to care about :mrgreen:

I would be glad to help you but I'm more an artist than a developer and I don't know anything about the ocx errors, sorry... If it can encourage you, I also had a lot of issues at the beginning of my project and could finally solve them, thanks to the support of reneuend and GM.
GM doesn't have a lot of free time, but he will listen to your requests, and reneuend is simply the best on the forums to give help on development and scripting.

BTW, about the ocx errors : in my opinion you should really uninstall Adventure Maker totally, clean the registry of all Adventure Maker keys manually (be careful), then reinstall it with administrator rights. Make sure you do a right click/run as administrator on the Setup program, and it will probably help.

What was the exact problem with the ocx ?
Good luck
Simon
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports