Fullscreen

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Fullscreen

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Not all hardware systems, especially HD moniters support changing the resolution even to AM's biggest display size ("ChangeDisplayResolution 3" is 1024x768) So just in case this is what I'd like to do. When it's in full screen and the resolution isn't changed to fill the screen, depending on the display size of my machine, there is a thick black border filling the rest of the screen that isn't being filled by the actual game window's client area aka my frame picture in the middle of my screen. I'd like to make it so that black recangular border changes the cursor to the default cursor that is selected in project properties. AM doesn't do this when the cursor overlaps that black border instead the default cursor for the current windows OS is shown, which typically is a white arrow with a black outline - which isn't what I want. If there's a way to do this in code I'm not aware of that would be fantastic.

Thanks.
TKG
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Re: Fullscreen

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:40 pm

If windows is producing the border, then you could possibly write a plugin and use VB to call the Windows System to change the Windows cursor. You would want to change it back when the user quits of course.
Here is an article explaining how to change it from Windows PowerScript, which you can run from a VB plugin.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2013/01/17/use-powershell-to-change-the-mouse-pointer-scheme.aspx

I should put this on my "try it out" list. I have 2 games I'm trying to finish simultaneously at the moment.

I hope this helps.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Fullscreen

Postby skype6 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:19 pm

It would be good if the next release of the AM has a few more options for resolution, because not all monitors the same! Or some combination of script that will detect the monitor resolution. My monitor always alerts me that I need to put the resolution to higher than 1024x768, because it's not the native resolution of my monitor! Of course, this can be turned off but it would be nice that player have a control on choosing resolution.
skype6
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports