Video as Frame Background?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Video as Frame Background?

Postby time-killer-games » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:18 am

I have a new project I'm working on it has 60 frames that would look a lot better animated since they are videos. If GM would add support for avi videos as frame backgrounds I will scream with joy. Otherwise, for all 60 of those frames, individually, I will have to create a hotspot at 0,0 x/y coordinates pixel exact by hand in the frame editor, very tedious work as my hand is shaking using the mouse to drag the hotspot. Then before I can add any actual real clickable hotspots to the frames, I need to hide the video hotspot temporarily and then place the new hotspots which is also a real pain. I'd might be willing to bribe GMSupport to do it for $100 assuming he'd actually do it. Not much but its all I have.

Please help, plugins are no good because I cant see changes made in the frame editor at real-time.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Re: Video as Frame Background?

Postby reneuend » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:07 pm

I feel your pain. To add to your request, I would also lIke the ability to have hotspots on top of video backgrounds.
This issue actually killed my progress on my current game that I am building.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby skype6 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:22 pm

I agree! Just something I've experimented. It would be much good to see the hotspot because sometimes it's very hard to "hit" the right image below video file that would represent a hotspot. Also there are some problem with the video delay when switching to another image (frame). All of this should come out in a new version of the AM but I doubt that GM will ever do this. Everything seems to me that the AM is left to its own. It should be a big update who would fill certain drawbacks and bugs ...It's really a shame for a program that certainly has potential.
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby domozo » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi every one...
Will, I will do it manually to complete my game, really I wish you good luck TKG
and waiting for the demo...
best regards...
domozo
Advanced Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports