Disable keyboard shortcuts?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Disable keyboard shortcuts?

Postby time-killer-games » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:25 pm

is it possible with a function, object, or plugin to disable the Ctrl+Q quit dialog, Ctrl+S save dialog, and Ctrl+L dialog? I really need this to prevent a bug with the panorama plugins. If you have a timed event which takes you to a panoramic frame, and you press one of those keyboard shortcuts, and leave the dialog open until the timed event is over, the cursor will lock in the center of the screen, and you won't be able to do anything. The only way to close the game, is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and use task manager to end the process. I need to be able to disable those 3 shortcuts, so I can prevent this major problem, but I have no idea how.

I'd be willing to write a plugin for this if I knew how, but I don't sadly, not for this particular thing.
Feel free to share some VB6 code for an OCX or a compiled one or whatever works...

Thanks.
Samuel
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Re: Disable keyboard shortcuts?

Postby reneuend » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 am

Isn't there a way to do this with KeyGuard already? I'm pretty sure there is...I'll need to look it up.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Disable keyboard shortcuts?

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:23 am

I've checked the manual and KeyGaurd can only disable the Escape Key and mouse clicks (left and right).
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports