(Solved) 800 x 600 graphics playable in full screen?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

(Solved) 800 x 600 graphics playable in full screen?

Postby oase » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Is it possible to display the full screen under Windows 10, even if the graphics are only 800 x 600? According to feedback and from my own experience, that doesn't work, right?
art is political. art is social. art works united! beeing creative is pure spirituality. so - let´s do it! and never forget: life ... is a wonder : )
oase

Re: 800 x 600 graphics playable in full screen?

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:49 am

I just created a new project. Set the project properties to run 800x600 and made sure that it wasn't set to run 'windowed'.
I have the latest Windows 10 release and when I ran the test it was indeed Full Screen.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: (Solved) 800 x 600 graphics playable in full screen?

Postby oase » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:35 am

Thank you reneuend for your quick reply. If I change the resolution, nothing happens, except that the image section shifts. The graphics are probably too small. But why does it work on Vista then?
art is political. art is social. art works united! beeing creative is pure spirituality. so - let´s do it! and never forget: life ... is a wonder : )
oase

Re: (Solved) 800 x 600 graphics playable in full screen?

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:48 am

Graphics on Windows 10 did change. I remember GM making updates at the time Windows 10 came out. Man! I really miss those days when AM was active. So sad.
I haven't tried it and doubt it would work, but I wonder if you compiled a game in Windows 10, then go to the executable properties - compatibility, and set it to emulate Vista
Attachments
executable_compatibility_setting.png
From Windows 10 - My game called, "The Intro" - I Right clicked on the executable icon, selected properties - Compatibility tag and set the Windows type
executable_compatibility_setting.png (27.46 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports