Improved Windows 7 Support - Get Adventure Maker v4.6.0 BETA

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Open message to site admins

Postby MikeTn1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:13 pm

I think the admins should temporarily have a sub-section of the forum just for Windows 7. Then all of the general stuff everyone needs to know about using AM with Win7 will all be in one place- but keep the tech support and bug reports going to that section.

What does everyone think about this? If everyone thinks it is a rotten idea, feel free to say so! I do not mind at all! However if it would help people using Win7 (or thinking about upgrading soon- I am one of those thinking about upgrading) then let everyone know that as well.

Thanks everyone!
MikeTn1

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Done (temporarily)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby MikeTn1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Thanks Lyberodoggy!
MikeTn1

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Mystery wrote:This issue has already been present for some Vista computers, how about if you ignore it, and then register it manually?
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... =9795#9795

Does that work?

EDIT
Just have seen that it didn't work for Doggy :?

Okay, seen someone suggesting this:
After installation, first unregister it, then register it.

RegSvr32 msdxm6.ocx /U
Then
Regsvr32 msdxm6.ocx

I'm pretty sure that it's a permission issue...

I have tried this but i'm unaable to register it manually.
The unregistration works, but then I can't register it again.

If I ignore the failure at the installing I can't get a game to work :(

Does anyone also have problems to install the 4.6.0 version on windows7?

The 4.5.2 Version runs fine!

Anyone have an idea?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Mystery » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Lol what? The older version runs fine on Windows 7, and the one that has been created to run on Windows 7, doesn't work :?:
(I have Vista, so I can't try)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:26 pm

Yes. I made realplayer as my standard mediaplayer so I have no issues with sound. Perhaps this is the reason why I cant get register the ocx file? I have uninstalled Windows Mediaplayer. I will try it later on with installed Mediaplayer.

Edit: Ok it has realy to do with the mediaplayer.If the player is activated, there is no problem to install the new version :)
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby pennsteve » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I still have the old version. If I wanted to make an app for Ipod, will the old version still work for this? I mean, I don't own an Ipod....does Ipod depend or windows or anything like that?
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Steve,

I don't have an iPod either, but I'm pretty sure that you can just continue to create your game in the previous version of AM.
This new one is still in beta stage, and needs to be tested.

For an iPod game you can only use some basic features, and I don't think that concerning these there will be much changes.

Well, at least this is how I see it.
Mystery

Postby pennsteve » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Well, it wasnt actually a game I wanted to make, it was a tool for those who work with electronics, but since you cant do text and other stuff, it would be very difficult to make. I would have to have hundreds and hundreds of frames. I see you can use variables, but I dont think that would help me any. :(

Thanks ;)
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:15 am

What kind of text are you talking about? Would it work similar to the AM Journal plugin where the user can enter text and have it displayed on the screen?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby pennsteve » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 am

I need it to display values, like if one box is clicked, it will show a value of 8, but if a second box is clicked, it might show a value of 80. I need numbers to show up when certain boxes are clicked.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 am

Ok...that can be done but not for an IPOD. I can do it with AM in Windows using VB scripting.

If you need it for IPOD, will IPOD accept Javascript? I can write it in html and javascript.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby pennsteve » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Well, I was going to try to create it with adventuremaker and sell it, but it would only be of interest to those who work with electronics. I could create it for windows, but I wanted to make it portable so they could use it on an Ipod or whatever.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Testing Windows7

Postby Roland1958 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 am

Hi everybody
I have just tested my old project on windows 7 with new 4.6 version.
It works, BUT as GM support said, this new version doesn't support the variations of volume and the fade in and fade out sounds. It 's a big problem for me because I have lot of music in my project sounds ambiance. Now the music begins and finishes brutally and cover the channel where I putted voices. I can't export the project like that.

May I hope this problem will be resolved in future?

THX

Roland
Roland1958

Postby CBSection31 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:04 pm

I am having this issue, as well. What I ended up doing was opening all of the game's audio files in audio software (such as Adobe Audition). From there, I mixed everything down to the appropriate levels, so dialog was louder than background ambience, etc. Then I re-saved the files.

With over 300 audio files, it was a pain...but it worked.
CBSection31
Code Master

ok

Postby sempaix » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:18 am

so when is the final coming?
sempaix

Re: ok

Postby Candle » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 pm

sempaix wrote:so when is the final coming?

When it's done :)
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby criminalcola » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi, I am just curious if the final release for this version (supporting Win7) will support the volume levels for audio files?
criminalcola

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:58 pm

We aren't able to know yet. Still, someone could develop a custom ocx to play them even if they're not supported from the original program.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Nickydude » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Any news on how this is going?
All The Best,
Nickydude.
Nickydude

Postby Mystery » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

Welcome to the forums Nickydude :)
Sorry, I've overlooked your post.

No, unfortunately we don't have any news :(
Mystery

Postby Farsveinnr » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:15 pm

:roll: Yes, I would like to hear the release date.

Where are you GM? :D

In Russia, know about this program, аnd us need the full version. :twisted:

P.S. sorry for my english :oops:
Farsveinnr

Is it ever going to happen

Postby Loll » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:41 am

If te windows 7 fix is never going to happen can you please put the likes of me, with a lot of time invested in a project, out of our misery. Should we give up and start something new??

:( Loll
Loll

Postby storymakerpro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Farsveinnr, GM is very busy that is why GM is not responding for long time. I have received email from GM a month ago and said very very awfully busy. Not have much time to catch everyone up here. The best is be patient with GM. In couple of time like maybe in 2011 or this fall, GM would have time or maybe GM wants to save his news until he finish up with solution.
storymakerpro

GM is busy ?

Postby Loll » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:07 am

Well I'm not very busy because I can't get on with the project I've worked the best part of a year on. Adventure Maker is commercial software and it is not unreasonable to expect it to be supported. If it cannot be, it should be declared abandoned so we all know where we are.
Loll

Re: GM is busy ?

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm

You got a point there, AM is kept on life support by forum members, not by the author... nobody can be THAT busy for over two years that it is not even possible to post a reply now and than (unless, heaven forbid, an illnes stroke him)... Me too find it a pitty that GM seems to be dissapeared a CLEAR answer would be the best, quick and painless...

Still hoping it will change soon though...

ShAdOwHuNtEr

Loll wrote:Well I'm not very busy because I can't get on with the project I've worked the best part of a year on. Adventure Maker is commercial software and it is not unreasonable to expect it to be supported. If it cannot be, it should be declared abandoned so we all know where we are.
ShadowHunter

Postby GORDON » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:32 pm

I agree. I've basically finished my game but my friends can't even test it for me as they have Windows 7. I love AM, but also would like to know if this problem will be solved so I can "move on" to my next project. As Windows 7 becomes the norm this makes my work become unplayable for more & more people. Again, I really enjoy working with AM and the
forum help has been great! A simple "we are working on it" or "Windows 7
won't be supported" would help.
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby Vairon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm

I also agree with Shadow and Gordon. Has been long awaited a reply from GM.
Vairon
Forum Master

Sure

Postby Harvester » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 pm

For sure it is the most needed new feature for AM; however, I would like to remind everyone that -if I remember correctly- the same speculations happened on the forums just before this so-said 'AM supporting Windows 7 beta' or what was released. Then people asked if it's abandonware, or when a patch will be released; and on a day 'suddenly' this version appeared.
I don't say it's a nice situation here, but I think there is still reason to be patient with GM and wait for that long-waited update.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: Sure

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:59 pm

True, but you have to admit it's a strange strategy :wink:

Harvester wrote:For sure it is the most needed new feature for AM; however, I would like to remind everyone that -if I remember correctly- the same speculations happened on the forums just before this so-said 'AM supporting Windows 7 beta' or what was released. Then people asked if it's abandonware, or when a patch will be released; and on a day 'suddenly' this version appeared.
I don't say it's a nice situation here, but I think there is still reason to be patient with GM and wait for that long-waited update.

Harvester
ShadowHunter

PreviousNext

Return to Windows 7 issues