Another AM 4.6 Beta Bug (all Windows versions)

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Another AM 4.6 Beta Bug (all Windows versions)

Postby CBSection31 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 pm

If a frame contains a looping video and the player goes to another frame, the screen flashes black between the frames. It can get annoying on the eyes. I'm not sure if this will be fixable, though, as it sounds like it's because of the new way Windows handles videos.
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 am

Would it help if u stopped the video on exit..?..Not sure but it sounds like u are leaving the frame..while the video is still playing..?..therefore the flash occurs..?..just guessing..
mercedes
VIP

Postby CBSection31 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:01 pm

I tried stopping it, but this doesn't look good either--the looping videos are of rain in a scene. If I stop the video early, the rain suddenly stops for a second between frame jumps!
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:46 am

When u say...the rain stops between frame jumps--do u mean-- going to another frame...or do u mean it jumps and comes back...

I just want to clarify..:)

To be honest it wouldn't be the first time i play game..even the best of games like Ravenhurst..and the video stop looping/playing..when i leave a scene..to be honest..i see it alot..

What u can do as well..;

Have the video play..but stop..while the player is still there..so the rain stops..clears up..whichever..The cursor is rendered useless till then..Then load a new frame..and then have it so the player leaves the scene..or stays.

I'm not sure what you're doing..just some ideas..Would an animation work better..?

I don't use videos..i use plugins..and animations..
mercedes
VIP

Postby CBSection31 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:07 pm

mercedes wrote:When u say...the rain stops between frame jumps--do u mean-- going to another frame...or do u mean it jumps and comes back...

If I turn off the looping video when the user clicks a hotspot to go to another frame, then the looping video stops a few miliseconds before the new frame appears. Sometimes, this doesn't happen fast enough and the black screen still appears, too.

Sadly, the effect has to be video, because it's too complex for anything real-time. I'll figure something out, though!
CBSection31
Code Master

Return to Windows 7 issues