Does a Game Fully Compiled in XP work on Win7?

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Does a Game Fully Compiled in XP work on Win7?

Postby lanternwaste » Fri May 07, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm sorry, someone has probably already answered this question; but it's still unclear to me. If I were to fully compile a game to a disc using an XP computer, would it run normally on Windows 7?
I assembled my game on XP, but recently had to buy a new windows 7 computer when my motherboard went out on my old one. The game is a birthday present for my little sister, so I'm anxious to figure out a solution. Thanks for reading my post.
- Morgan
lanternwaste

Postby Mystery » Fri May 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Welcome to the forums lanternwaste :)

Unfortunately not. There are some changes in Windows 7 that prevent games created with Adventure Maker to run properly (mostly sounds/music and videos) on it.

We do hope that GM-Support will provide an updated version of Adventure Maker which will fix these issues. Unfortunately we don't have any information when this will be.

Please note, that the latest version of Adventure Maker is currently a Beta version, and not a final release.
It works with XP and Vista, but Windows 7 is not fully supported concerning the above mentioned issues.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby lanternwaste » Fri May 07, 2010 6:15 pm

So if I download the Beta version (the most current) the only known problems are the ones listed in the "Improved Windows 7 Support - Get Adventure Maker v4.6.0 BETA" thread?
lanternwaste

Postby Mystery » Fri May 07, 2010 6:41 pm

I am using the latest official version found here:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/downloads.htm

I haven't used the beta version to develop games, and therefore I can't answer your question.

Usually it's recommended to use the official version of a software (any kind of software) to create anything with it that you want to publish, and to use beta versions for testing purposes.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri May 07, 2010 8:07 pm

If you don't use sounds or videos in your game they'll run at WIN7 without problems.There are only issues with the sound and video
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Return to Windows 7 issues