Advenrure maker 4.6 does NOT work with Windows 7

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Advenrure maker 4.6 does NOT work with Windows 7

Postby Loll » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Just to make it clear as most posts on this subject seem to have got buried down forum tree and are easily missed.

I have invested a great deal of time trying a variety of options 4.5 and 4.6 and they do not work on windows 7
It is possible to get the sound working (without volume control) but theres now a bug that causes frames to interfere with each other. This sometimes happened with nested frames on 4.5 but it was usually possible (though hardly satisfactory) to work round it. This interfereance is now common and black flashes occur all the time.

It is impossible to produce a game ( for Windows 7) of any quality with the program in it's present state and I suggest that if GM hopes to continue with this program as a commercial venture he devotes some time to fixing it. Otherwise it could be put in the public domain the good people who run the forum might be willing to try and do something
Loll

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

I have no problems with 4.6 and WIN 7
juhuwoorps
Code Master

No flashing?

Postby Loll » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:04 pm

are you using hotspots on top of one another?

I get black flashes when I switch hotspot on and off , especially when there are several in the nest.

Anybody else out there who is getting complex hotspot setups to work smoothly in windows 7.
Loll

Postby Netjera » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Which version are you folks running? The one that can be downloaded via the download link? Or the beta version offered in the sticky on this thread? I'm not sure which one to download.
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

4.6.0 is the beta version you found in this thread.

Or here
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Netjera » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 am

Yeah, sorry, I figured that out after I looked on the download page. *is slow* >.<

I'm gonna fiddle with it, and hope for the best. Does it need to be run in a compatibility mode? Has anyone tried 4.5 in a compatibility mode? I've had really good results (so far), with running stuff under it. *knocks wood*
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Re: No flashing?

Postby CBSection31 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Loll wrote:Anybody else out there who is getting complex hotspot setups to work smoothly in windows 7.

My commercial game, The Filmmaker, has sold hundreds of copies to Windows 7 customers, and I haven't encountered any issues as of yet. Note that I developed the game in XP, however. I can't comment on how well development works in Windows 7.
CBSection31
Code Master

Return to Windows 7 issues