New Version 4.7.0 of Adventure Maker released! Features+Link

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

New Version 4.7.0 of Adventure Maker released! Features+Link

Postby GM-Support » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Dear Adventure Maker users and forum members,

I am pleased to announce that the new version 4.7.0 of Adventure Maker is now available for download!

You can download it (16MB) from:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/files/adventure_maker_v4_7_0.exe

The new version has the following improvements:

• Adventure Maker no longer requires users to have administrator rights on their computer. In addition to providing increased compatibility and security for all users, this feature is particularly useful in academic environments, in which students don't have administrator privileges on their machines.
  • Audio fade-in / fade-out / cross-fade effects are now available on all versions of Windows.
  • The ability to set the volume of each individual audio file is now available on all versions of Windows.
  • Compatibility with Windows 7 has been improved.
  • Compatibility with Windows 8 (Release Preview) has been improved.
  • Adventure Maker now supports multi-user environment. Each user can have its own settings, projects and shared resources.
  • Projects and shared resources are now located in the user's "My Documents/Adventure Maker" folder.
  • An issue was solved that sometimes caused some malware protection programs to incorrectly detect the presence of nested executables (of course Adventure Maker has never had any malware and will never have). The incorrect detection was due to the presence of the Game Setup Compiler, which is used to legitimately compile stand-alone executables. Changes were made to that file to make its presence compliant with all tools.
  • The reliability of the "Play a video" command has been improved. Videos are now played on top of all hotspots that contain "looping videos".
  • The reliability of the creation and playback of ".am1" packages (i.e. packages created with the "Create Package for Distribution" option) has been improved.

Note: Due the fact that some of the improvements above required major changes to the Adventure Maker code, there is a possibility that some of the features that worked fine in previous versions no longer work as expected. If this happens, please report the new issues by replying to this very forum thread. Also, please note that this new version has not been tested on 64-bit OS's yet. If you have a 64-bit OS, please post a message saying if AM 4.7.0 works fine on your machine.

Note2: You can safely install v4.7.0 side-by-side with any previous versions of Adventure Maker. There is no need to uninstall previous versions. Please be sure to back up your project before opening it with this new version of Adventure Maker.

I hope you enjoy this update.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all very much for your long-standing support and for your continued contribution to the Adventure Maker community. It is hard to describe how much this is appreciated.

Best regards,
GM-Support

Edit: this topic was moved because the "news" forum required special rights for members to be able to reply.
Last edited by GM-Support on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 am

Hi GM,

Great to see you're back :D

Excellent, what a nice suprice to see a new version :D :D :D

Downloading right now...

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby Candle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Will this run on windows xp?

:D
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks a lot!

Candle wrote:Will this run on windows xp?

Yes. The supported OS's (both for the AM program and for the created games) are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 RP.

Thanks again.
Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby insaneproject » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 pm

beta version or is it free version? for when a full version?
HERE MY WEBSITE AND MY GAMES! CLICK HERE:http://magva-productions.es.tl/
insaneproject
Advanced Member

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 pm

It's a free version. When you purchase a full or commercial version, you get a key to unlock the free version.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby PINGO TINTO » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 am

I've installed the new version but does not work Cubic Panoramic

I've made ​​a game demo with Adventure Maker v4.6.1 >> http://www.portugal-3d.com/
My friends have played and have enjoyed it.
Only had problems when installed the game in Window 7, but had to click on administrator permissions

EDIT

Is already giving the Cubic Panoramic! But when I go to install. Exe of the game, still have to give administrator permission. The exe is still with the little shield icon
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby GORDON » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Great news!!! I have waited a long time. Thanks!
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby PINGO TINTO » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Wmv videos already make with this new version?
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby mercedes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:39 am

Gm did you see this thread?
I'm writing this here, in case you're not watching the rest of forum..

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6479&sid=e69ac222ac2e6bb74480c5f359cbc715

He had a virus blocker--Trend.
It was blocking the site..ect..I think he fears it blocked email from Kagi..

Kagi took money June,11th...and still no instruction email.
There's alot of info in thread..But..that's the jist of it...
He mailed me..cause no response from other sources..Kagi..ect.

He still awaiting instruction email..

I'll write this here, in case its easiest to just look up;

His name is Simon.
The email I am familiar with is (EDIT: address hidden by mod)
It might be a different email with .fr ending.

I look forward to downloading this btw.. and its nice to see you back..:D
Last edited by mercedes on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Simon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 am

Hey thanks Mercedes ! I didn't even have the idea to post a link here
:shock:
Simon
Expert Member

Postby PINGO TINTO » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Now because of this new version
I have to move all the sounds.
It's tiring to have to do it again.
The worst is that used variables because of the sounds
The sounds are looped but I have not got in the loop

The adventure maker must explain why they have 7 channels of sound and how to use correctly.
What channel should use a surround sound loop.
What channel should use a sound button does not loop.
How to pass an ambient sound loop, loop sound environment to another, when you enter another frame.
And more about sounds
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby Simon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:30 am

mercedes wrote:[b]His name is Simon.
The email I am familiar with is Alph**********e.fr

Hum... Could an admin hide my email in Mercedes message ? Because of spam bots I heard about...

:cry: I want to try the new version :cry:
Simon
Expert Member

Postby GM-Support » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:44 pm

@Mercedes & Simon: I forwarded the original registration email to the addresses you provided. Thanks a lot.

@PingoTinto: The "Setup" of a game still requires administrator permission because it installs some files under "c:/Program Files". However, launching the game does not require administrator permissions. This has not changed since v4.6.1. What has changed in v4.7.0 is the fact that you no longer need administrator permissions to launch Adventure Maker.

@PingoTinto (2): No change has been done regarding playback of WMV videos in v4.7.0.

Can you please confirm that cubic panoramas are still working as before?

Thanks a lot,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Re: New Version 4.7.0 of Adventure Maker released! Features+

Postby PINGO TINTO » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:50 pm

GM-Support wrote:Dear Adventure Maker users and forum members,

I am pleased to announce that the new version 4.7.0 of Adventure Maker is now available for download!

You can download it (16MB) from:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/files/adventure_maker_v4_7_0.exe

The new version has the following improvements:

• Adventure Maker no longer requires users to have administrator rights on their computer. In addition to providing increased compatibility and security for all users, this feature is particularly useful in academic environments, in which students don't have administrator privileges on their machines.
  • Audio fade-in / fade-out / cross-fade effects are now available on all versions of Windows.
  • The ability to set the volume of each individual audio file is now available on all versions of Windows.
  • Compatibility with Windows 7 has been improved.
  • Compatibility with Windows 8 (Release Preview) has been improved.
  • Adventure Maker now supports multi-user environment. Each user can have its own settings, projects and shared resources.
  • Projects and shared resources are now located in the user's "My Documents/Adventure Maker" folder.
  • An issue was solved that sometimes caused some malware protection programs to incorrectly detect the presence of nested executables (of course Adventure Maker has never had any malware and will never have). The incorrect detection was due to the presence of the Game Setup Compiler, which is used to legitimately compile stand-alone executables. Changes were made to that file to make its presence compliant with all tools.
  • The reliability of the "Play a video" command has been improved. Videos are now played on top of all hotspots that contain "looping videos".
  • The reliability of the creation and playback of ".am1" packages (i.e. packages created with the "Create Package for Distribution" option) has been improved.

Note: Due the fact that some of the improvements above required major changes to the Adventure Maker code, there is a possibility that some of the features that worked fine in previous versions no longer work as expected. If this happens, please report the new issues by replying to this very forum thread. Also, please note that this new version has not been tested on 64-bit OS's yet. If you have a 64-bit OS, please post a message saying if AM 4.7.0 works fine on your machine.

Note2: You can safely install v4.7.0 side-by-side with any previous versions of Adventure Maker. There is no need to uninstall previous versions. Please be sure to back up your project before opening it with this new version of Adventure Maker.

I hope you enjoy this update.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all very much for your long-standing support and for your continued contribution to the Adventure Maker community. It is hard to describe how much this is appreciated.

Best regards,
GM-Support

Edit: this topic was moved because the "news" forum required special rights for members to be able to reply.

It is impossible to make a game where there is the Adventure maker machines with various sounds.
When there are buttons, motors, doors, ambient sounds, it is impossible to organize sounds with Adventure Maker.
Because nobody cares what I say, Forget
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:05 pm

@PINGO TINTO

The channels are what you need. On the first channel you can play a music in the background that can loop (you must thick loop) until you think that the first channel should play another music in different scene. Until you don't put a new sound in the first channel, the other will be played.

The second channel can be used for ambient sounds.

Here is my example of work. I use the first channel for the background music. So, until you are in frames of the same place, you can put the music in the first scene, thick loop and the music will be played the entire time you are there. You change place, for ex. you get out of a room and go to cafe bar. On the first frame of the cafe bar, there is a different music in the first channel, so the chosen music will be played.

I use the second channel for environment effects and the third channel for dialogs and speech.

Hope this helps in explaining your questions :)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby PINGO TINTO » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Vengeance66 wrote:@PINGO TINTO

The channels are what you need. On the first channel you can play a music in the background that can loop (you must thick loop) until you think that the first channel should play another music in different scene. Until you don't put a new sound in the first channel, the other will be played.

Here is my example of work. I use the first channel for the background music. So, until you are in frames of the same place, you can put the music in the first scene, thick loop and the music will be played the entire time you are there. You change place, for ex. you get out of a room and go to cafe bar. On the first frame of the cafe bar, there is a different music in the first channel, so the chosen music will be played.

I use the second channel for environment effects and the third channel for dialogs and speech.

The Stop all Sounds does not work
Should there a command >> Delete all sounds channels and load new sounds channels

The Stop all Sounds off the sounds when passing a door, but the sound channels are still in memory.
Therefore it is impossible to use sounds in Adventure Maker

In my game I have sound,
phone prevented
phone rings
phone talk
door slam
door open
open book
pass book pages
close the book
button machines
cranks
gas
fire
open water
water close
water loop
surround the street
surround house
surround back yard
ambient sound train station
.... .... .... ....
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby CBSection31 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Outstanding, GM -- welcome back and thank you for the new version! I will start playing around with it the first chance I get. :)
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby PINGO TINTO » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Vengeance66 wrote:@PINGO TINTO

Try this new version with bug.
After playing a game with various sounds, changing sounds on the same site are loop

I still say that the sounds are not played well in the Adventure Maker
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby mercedes » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Pinto...

Perhaps you can start another topic..and we'll see if we can't get to the bottom of this..

What I would suggest that you do is this;
Make a small project explaining what you are talking about..with sounds..
A few frames you need to explain, or hotspots, in those frames..

Perhaps one of us can download it, and figure it out..:D

**If you are talking about the command Stop All Sounds-You're right it doesn't work well. I've had issues with this myself in the past.***

Simon; Sorry for email. :) Spambots are not that big an issue here. There are a few that get through, but it's pretty obvious who they are. The topics they create aren't related to AM at all.

Don't click links they send you, or add them as friends in your msn. You're email client should take care of the mail coming from them. If one does get through, don't download anything or click links in any emails. Again, they make it obvious who they are.

Thanks for responding GM, and sorry for monopolizing this thread. I'm glad that issue is taken care of, And again thanks for responding!:D
Last edited by mercedes on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby PINGO TINTO » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:23 pm

mercedes wrote:Pinto...

Perhaps you can start another topic..and we'll see if we can't get to the bottom of this..

What I would suggest that you do is this;
Make a small project explaining what you are talking about..with sounds..
A few frames you need to explain, or hotspots, in those frames..

Perhaps one of us can download it, and figure it out..:D

**If you are talking about the command Stop All Sounds-You're right it doesn't work well. I've had issues with this myself in the past.***

Simon; Sorry for email. :) Spambots are not that big an issue here. There are a few that get through, but it's pretty obvious who they are. The topics they create aren't related to AM at all.

Don't click links they send you, or add them as friends in your msn. You're email client should take care of the mail coming from them. If one does get through, don't download anything or click links in any emails. Again, they make it obvious who they are.

Thanks for responding GM, and sorry for monopolizing this thread. That issue is over, And again thanks for responding!:D

As you say command (Stop all Sounds) does not work.
I have tried to solve the problem of the sounds will be many days.
The Adventure Maker must inform customers.
So do not miss days of work for nothing.

I made a video explaining the problem of Stop Stop all Sounds and Sound >>>
http://youtu.be/OHYjQpGk828
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby Simon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:25 am

GM-Support wrote:@Mercedes & Simon: I forwarded the original registration email to the addresses you provided. Thanks a lot.

An enormous Thank You !!! It finally works !!!!!!!!!
Simon
Expert Member

Postby PINGO TINTO » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:31 pm

I solved the problem by using a sound, Not Sound.mp3

Channel 1 Ambient.mp3 Loop
Channel 2 Music.mp3 Loop
Channel 3 Machine.mp3 Loop
Channel 4 Open Door.mp3
Channel 5 Close Door.mp3
Channel 6 Not Sound.mp3
Channel 7 Not Sound.mp3
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby Candle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Happy to report that it runs fine on Windows XP
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Simon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Well, it doesn't work on my win7 x64 after a full day of efforts :(
I get the "library" error...
The details here : http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=36514#36514
Hope someone can help me ! Once again... :?

Is there a way to be sure I have deleted absolutely all AM entries in the registry before I try to reinstall it once again ?
Does AM require specific dll files to run ? I have the msdxm6 error each time during install : can there be a link ? Thanks...
Simon
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 am

PINGO TINTO wrote:I solved the problem by using a sound, Not Sound.mp3

Channel 2 Music.mp3 Loop
Channel 4 Open Door.mp3
Channel 5 Close Door.mp3
Channel 6 Not Sound.mp3
Channel 7 Not Sound.mp3

Pinto..

I hadn't seen the video link till now..Sorry about that..

The way you are using sounds is very confusing..

I would play the sounds using the channels in the Frames..and... the Hotspots- Audio TAB.

For instance;
The first channel, takes precedence, then it's, 2nd, 3rd, ..ect.
That goes for hotspots as well..

Example;
If there is a sound[Ambiance] in the Frame's advanced in the first channel;
It's first place to play and takes precedence.

For the next sound to play-[a door knocking]- without interrupting the first channel-in the frame; You would use the hotspots Audio tab-2nd channel....

If you want the frame's ambiance sound to stop, simply use the first channel in the hotspot instead. This way all you hear is the door knocking.

The Stop All Sounds works in the Audio TAB..
I usually had trouble with it, using the scripting command.
But the issue could have been with the way I had used it.

Regardless, I'm happy you fixed it using whatever method you could..:D

mercedes
VIP

Postby PINGO TINTO » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 pm

mercedes wrote:
PINGO TINTO wrote:I solved the problem by using a sound, Not Sound.mp3

Channel 2 Music.mp3 Loop
Channel 4 Open Door.mp3
Channel 5 Close Door.mp3
Channel 6 Not Sound.mp3
Channel 7 Not Sound.mp3

Pinto..

I hadn't seen the video link till now..Sorry about that..

The way you are using sounds is very confusing..

I would play the sounds using the channels in the Frames..and... the Hotspots- Audio TAB.

For instance;
The first channel, takes precedence, then it's, 2nd, 3rd, ..ect.
That goes for hotspots as well..

Example;
If there is a sound[Ambiance] in the Frame's advanced in the first channel;
It's first place to play and takes precedence.

For the next sound to play-[a door knocking]- without interrupting the first channel-in the frame; You would use the hotspots Audio tab-2nd channel....

If you want the frame's ambiance sound to stop, simply use the first channel in the hotspot instead. This way all you hear is the door knocking.

The Stop All Sounds works in the Audio TAB..
I usually had trouble with it, using the scripting command.
But the issue could have been with the way I had used it.

Regardless, I'm happy you fixed it using whatever method you could..:D

Hello Mercedes
I've managed to solve the problem.

Channels 1, 2, 3 booked for sounds loop
With the sounds loop command Stop Sound was no problem.

The channels 4, 5, 6, 7, reserved for playing sounds only once.
The command Stop Sound not working on the sounds do not loop.
I changed the command Stop Sound by Not Sound.mp3

Try this game I did. www.portugal-3d.com
The sounds work well.

I'll translate this game into English.
When I wanted to put in english this game in the Adventure Maker.
It's a promise I have.
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Postby lbq_bcn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Hello!

I have to give reason to pingo tinto.
To me has been the same. (Randomly in different frames, each time I run the game). Sounds in the second or third channel with no "loop" are repeated indefinitely. The strange thing is that from that moment, anything that sounds through these channels, they also have loop.
In the first channel does not always happen because I have a background melody.

I can not give more details of the reasons why this happens. The only thing I see is that it always happens when the 3-channel sound at a time. (in my case only use three channels).

Any ideas?

Llu?s.

NOTE:
The melodies that I have in midi not possibly control the volume.
and if music start a frame and several frames later I use the same melody, it starts from the beginning (in the previous version this did not happen. The melody continued where it was and not to case)
lbq_bcn

Postby GORDON » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I also seem to be getting a loop at different times without having checked 'loop'. I'm wondering if it happens after you set up the "exe"?
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby PINGO TINTO » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Yet another problem sound
The same exe play sounds differently from computer to computer
The two cumputadores that I have Windows 7
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Windows 7 issues