Trillis Screenshot

This forum is meant for showing off your creations (3d renders, artwork...) and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Trillis Screenshot

Postby Merrie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:19 pm

This is a game Im working on, this is going to be a tutorial screen.
Attachments
basicscreengif.gif
The tutorial screen of Trillis RPG.
basicscreengif.gif (172.36 KiB) Viewed 10407 times
Registered User - Full Edition - Commercial
Windows 7
Merrie

Postby alala777 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:33 pm

Cool! Would be good for a third-person RPG.
Bob was here.
alala777

I'm Inspired!!!

Postby Imad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:44 pm

I think your image is tremendous. Wow. How are you going to be using sprites and other moveable objects throughout the scene? Will you build them yourself? I am a novice to Adventure Maker and would love to be able to put a similar scene together -though need to know how to have multiple sprites moving throughout the scene... like Ages of Empire.

Thanks for your sharing of the image. I'd love to see the finished project.
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Multiple sprites.

There is a way... but it requires an indepth enough knowledge of third person plugin. I won't go into detail, but you'd have to:

1) Know how to control the third person plugin sprite with code. (So that the computer moves the sprites and not you)

2) Create multiple instances of the third person sprite.
(There are various ways this could be achieved)

3) Hope for the best.
(As this technique would require a lot of tweaking)

If you think you're the first one to have tried, you're wrong. I tried to create a third person strategy called Wrath Of The Gods, I was able to place buildings down using a tile system, but units and sprites were way too complicated. Plus the AI, is a little beyond AM's capabilities.

Great idea, Imad. I really hope it works out for you and I don't mean to sound like a pessimist. But it's VERY TRICKY...

Good luck though. :D
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh, the screenshot is AMAZING. I really hope the game is that good. Great work.
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby rpgfaker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:16 am

looks great Merrie, any more screens?
rpgfaker

RE: Your Concept

Postby Imad » Tue May 06, 2008 10:17 am

Merrie: Are you going to be using multiple sprites, or gifs in your game. I'd really love to see this game finished. It looks truly great. Your creative work is inspiring.

I've been putting various animated transparent gifs on my project's hotspots. I've tried placing them straight into the hotspots, and also using the AM listed Gif plugin. I'm puzzled as to why the gif's backround still shows through the frame. I tried using the gif plugin but the problem seems to be the same.

Chromegloss55: Is there any documentation on using the third person sprite -in code? What is your view on applying all the aspects into Flash (SWF) ActionScript and bringing the scenes into AM... using Flash Plugin?

Would you be able to guide me -towards getting my gifs working. Are you using third person plugins and other features in your amazing work? I have found some of my previous postings have gone unanswered... regarding using animated transparent gifs.
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue May 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Imad, to see how the ocx files containing the sprite's movement handling are used in scripting, I suggest you check the code of the plugin itself.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Merrie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:45 am

Ah sorry took a bit of time off here and now Im back. I will be going back to this project shortly, right now Im creating an adventure called 'Cat Statue Mystery"

I will post some screen shots when I get some made, I will be using Campaign Cartographer for land, city, places and Daz Studio for close work and characters.

No this will be first person, click and adventure style. I just have to work on the scripting for a simple combat system.
Registered User - Full Edition - Commercial
Windows 7
Merrie

Postby Mystery » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:10 pm

Welcome back Merrie :)
I'm looking forward to seeing your new artwork :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Artwork