Transparent Gifs

This forum is meant for showing off your creations (3d renders, artwork...) and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Transparent Gifs

Postby Imad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:06 am

I'm enjoying using AM. Though I'd like to know how to make my gifs fit in well into the frames (Backround). What can I do to ensure that they show the outlines... to enable a more realistic aspect. Otherwise loving the game making immensely.
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Chromegloss55 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:42 am

There's only one way to make sure of that...

You have to make the GIF the same size as the place it is going to go on the frame...
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Using Transparent Animated Gifs

Postby Imad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 pm

I'd like to use gif animations in my adventureMaker project. I find that the gifs that I bring in show through the frame -and do not fit in on the frame.

Is there some way of creating an easy moveable sprite -using an animated gif? I'd like to do create a sprite that moves around the frame -directed by mouseclicks. I'd like to achieve this without having to insert a backround (into my animated gif) that is the same as the frame.

Would Flash be the best tool to use? I'd like to -if possible to use the gif to move around the frame ... rather then remain static -though animated.

I'd appreciate any advice with solving the questions cited above. I'm so excited about trying out so many things in this wonderful software... AM. Though I need a little guidance on my approaches to point me in the right direction.

What programme was used to make the sprites in the AM sample? Particularly the third Person sample? How can I get to create such dynamic features in my AM projects?

Chromegloss55: Thank you for so promptly responding to my previous posting. Much appreciated.
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Re Animated Gifs

Postby Imad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:32 pm

I failed to mention the gif's I place in the hotspot are to static and do not have the flexibilty and perspective. This relates to my previous posting.

I need to gain greater ability to move my images deeper into the projected perspective of my backround (on the frame).
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Re: Above Posting

Postby Imad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm

The gifs I brought into Adventure Maker are transparent animations.
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Please don't double-post. Just edit your previous post. You can have a whole hotspot move along with it's display picture by using the .move property. Example:
Code: Select all
hotspot(index).Move position_on_x_axis,position_on_y_axis,width,height
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Request for Info: Using Multiple Sprites (animation gifs)

Postby Imad » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:20 am

Thanks for the information on moving the hotspot :D . But what if my hotspot is an animated transparent gif?
How do I move it over a complex backround, and retain the quality of my image... superimposed properly on the frame (realistic outline of my figure)? I'd like the perfect outline of the figure against the backround frame... as I'd have expected to receive via transparent, animated gifs.

Also wanted to know how I would be able to use multiple sprites in a third-person game? It seems as though AM restricts one to using a single moving character. Does it? I'm still learning how to use sprites. Thanks for the feed-back regarding my previous queries. I think AM is wonderful, and has huge potential in many areas -still to be fathomed. :?:

:P
IMAD BRADLEY
Imad

Return to Artwork