need help for posting pictures

This forum is meant for showing off your creations (3d renders, artwork...) and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

need help for posting pictures

Postby cristina » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Someone would explain me please what I have to do to post pictures in the forum? I see a "insert image" button: is it this? But how does it work? :?

Thanks for help.[/img]
cristina

Postby saturn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:08 pm

It's simple. You have to write [img]the%20url%20of%20your%20image[/img]
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby cristina » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Does it mean I need to have my pictures on a website ? My questions are probably stupid, I'm sorry :oops:
cristina

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 pm

You can upload it to a webspace or use the attachment feature under the posting field.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby cristina » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Under "Allowed Extensions and Sizes" I don't see bmp files. Is it not possible to post bmp attachments? :?:
cristina

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 pm

Seems its not possible, but you can try it here: http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=9
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Candle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Please don't post bmp's here as the file size is to big for posting in forums.
Convert them to something else.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby saturn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Apart from the attachment feature, you can use sites like http://www.imageshack.us , http://www.photobucket.com etc

And don't feel ashamed to ask. :)
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Cristina,

You can usually post JPGs images to the forum (and pretty much any forum) because the size of that image format is usually small enough for forum use.

When creating a new post or replying to one, you basically go to the "Add an Attachment" and in the Filename row, use the "Browse" button to access files from your hard drive (or other file source on your end). Go to the subfolder with the JPG image you would like to upload and then hit "Open". Then the image location path is put in the "buffer", ready for uploading. You can then add a file comment for the image in the File Comment text box below it, or simply finish composing your main text message. After that, hit "Submit", and your message, along with the image, will be uploaded to the forum either in the existing thread you responded to or in a new thread (that is, if it is a new message).

Well, this response is somewhat late, but hope it helps some.

Cya. :)
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby cristina » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:57 pm

I thank you all for advice. :) I will use it later, because now, by looking at my pictures again, I don?t like them anymore, I find they are uninteresting. :( Just after creating the pictures I was affected by ?beginner enthusiasm?. :roll: Now I think I have to work more with this stuff before I submit something in the forum. :?
cristina

Postby mercedes » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi Christina..:D

Just thought I'd share ... don't be shy with your images..They can't be any worse than some of ours..when we first started drawing..:D..I thought i was pretty good....till I seen some realllly professional ones..:shock:..I think I even put on my website..how talented I was..haha..or no where i got my talent..:roll: and they we're awful .:lol:...Only cause i'd never drawn with a computer before..I thought they we're good..others thought they needed help...Come to find out..either way...I got better with time..But it took me "posting" them..and taking some really helpful criticism..from the artists on this site...so anyhow..dont' be shy to post them thats for sure..For all we know they could be fantastic..~:D..

Peace
Last edited by mercedes on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 am

Yeah...just go look at the post about my new adventure game! My grub on a nail got mistaken for a hammer! :lol:

Just have fun with it. This forum is great for learning and the best way to learn is to share what you've done so you can get some feedback (good or bad).

It's true that we are our own worst critics! You've probably won tons of awards and haven't told us about it. :)
reneuend
Administrator

Return to Artwork