My Factory (Using Sketchup)

This forum is meant for showing off your creations (3d renders, artwork...) and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

My Factory (Using Sketchup)

Postby Jaked » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:00 am

Not much better than my old one, if I made an improvement at all! This is not able to be used for other games, as it is for my Death's Shadow game.
You eventually are able to go inside!
Attachments
House4.png
House4.png (473.18 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
House3.png
House3.png (307.12 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
House2.png
House2.png (715.66 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
House1.png
House1.png (137.27 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:05 am

This is actually much better- you're using more realistic textures, and the whole thing seems more symmetrical, more professional. Now you just need to learn how to use a renderer to make your shots look even better.

Little side note, the texture you used on the first door is actually of a kind of wood that is usually cut pretty thin- not very good for making doors. But, aside from that realism aspect, good work!
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:09 am

good work!
Something's wrong with the chimney I think :shock:
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:25 am

Well done Jaked...:D Getting much better with Sketch up...its a hard program to use..

Something's wrong with the chimney I think :shocked:

lol...cute..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Jaked » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 am

Lyberodoggy wrote:Something's wrong with the chimney I think :shock:

What? Do you think the top of the chimney goes up forever? I am going to use this during the final part of the game. Also, Lyberodoggy, I'll try to fix the problem, just tell me what's wrong.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:35 am

Question: Did you mean to use that transparent sky texture for the windows? Just seems a little different to me.

This model is shaping up to be a great setting for a game. Good work, but don't stop there! We want more! :P
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:59 am

Hey ....I think thats what Lyberodoggy meant...the chimney is too long is all...:)..Other than that..Nice work..

Did you mean to use that transparent sky texture for the windows?

I think what he's trying to do is make the sky reflect on the glass..the thing is to do that...the house should be at a slightly different angle..:). At this angle..you would see the ground maybe a half a tree..bottom half...:) At least i think thats what i would put ..:P

Peace..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:47 pm

mercedes wrote:Hey ....I think thats what Lyberodoggy meant...the chimney is too long is all...:)..Other than that..Nice work...

Yep
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby ZeornWarlock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:27 am

Jaked,

My only suggestion to your factory if I may would be to change the metal texture to a rusted one. (The part with the switch that is!) The current metal gives the impression that it is ruffled. Otherwise, it looks good. :)

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 am

I am also going to do a magic shop with a hat on top, and I'll take their advice, as well as make a building with slanted glass all around and a glass ceiling, but only if I have time.
Jaked
Code Master

Return to Artwork