Retro Crime Adventure

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: Vengeance66, Harvester, GM-Support, reneuend, Lyberodoggy, Candle, Mystery, ShadowHunter

Retro Crime Adventure

Postby oase » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Walking near a river .. something seems very strange .. what about that voice in the old watercraft station .. & what the f... is swimming there on the water?? :o

Screenshots: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-river-of-forgetting
Game Tailer: https://vimeo.com/201570769
art is political. art is social. art works united! beeing creative is pure spirituality. so - let´s do it! and never forget: life ... is a wonder : )
oase

Re: Retro Crime Adventure

Postby reneuend » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Awesome! It's great to see a new game announcement on the forums! Looks like a good one. Looking forward to more updates on this.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby skype6 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Looks interesting :D
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby oase » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Interactive Short Crime Thriller

It is already beginning to dawn as I head out again to go for a walk by the old river brigade. A strange conversation in an abandoned cemetery and my ever so inquiring mind urge me to inspect the terrain around the brigade, in spite of all the dangers. Eerie noises and mysterious objects intensify my suspicion: Something does not seem quite right here! Are illegal experiments being conducted here, and if so, of what kind? And what do the mysterious doctor and her late husband, a renowned neuroscientist and brain surgeon, have to do with it?

The crime thriller by author and game developer R.V. relies on a subtle level of suspense in a nicely set retro atmosphere. If you are into classical Point&Click adventure games that go beyond trivial action romance you are going to love SHADOWS BY THE WATERHOUSE! The game runs on Windows and is available for only 3 $ on Windows ..
art is political. art is social. art works united! beeing creative is pure spirituality. so - let´s do it! and never forget: life ... is a wonder : )
oase

GAME TRAILER

Postby oase » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 pm

oase

Postby reneuend » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:59 am

The trailer makes me feel like this is a crime thriller. It inspires me to get back to work on my projects!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby oase » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:04 am

SHADOWS BY THE WATERHOUSE - A FINE POINT & CLICK ADVENTURE
OUT IN THE EARLY OCTOBER & ON KICKSTARTER UNTILL SEPTEMBER 29th:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... waterhouse

ABOUT:

Dark shadows of the past lie on the old waterhouse. Be part of this adventure as a romantic walk in a treacherous idyll turns into a criminal adventure. A fantastic crime thriller for retro fans. Inspect a mysterious old weir! Point & Click Game for Windows in English / German (combined).

STORY:

It is already beginning to dawn as I head out again to go for a walk by the old weir. A strange conversation in an abandoned cemetery and my ever so inquiring mind urge me to inspect the terrain around the weir, in spite of all the dangers. Eerie noises and mysterious objects intensify my suspicion: Something does not seem quite right here! Are illegal experiments being conducted here, and if so, of what kind? And what do the mysterious doctor and her late husband, a renowned neuroscientist and brain surgeon, have to do with it?

The crime thriller by author and game developer R.V. relies on a subtle level of suspense in a nicely set retro atmosphere. If you are into classical Point&Click adventure games that go beyond trivial action romance you are going to love SHADOWS BY THE WATERHOUSE! The game runs on Windows and will be available (in the early october) for only 3 $ on itch.io and other indie game platforms!

BUT WHY KICKSTARTER?

1. MAKE IT POSSIBLE: Since the short version of the game is already on the verge of its release, the required financial support will already be used to part-finance the development of the game’s sequel. Without your appreciated support I would soon have to discontinue working on "Shadows by the Waterhouse" due to the time and effort it requires.

2. GET SPECIAL PACKAGES: All backers will already find their names in the first part of the game (short game) under “Credits”. You may download the first part as well as the digital poster as of October 1st. All the other interesting rewards (besides the beta test) you will receive right after completion of the "Major Version" (presumably at the end of February 2018).

HAVE FUN! :D
oase

Postby skype6 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Very nice! A lot of luck on kickstarter :D
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby oase » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 pm

skype6 wrote:Very nice! A lot of luck on kickstarter :D

THX!!! I will need it :roll:
oase

Postby oase » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:04 am

Kickstarter-Update:
New Rewards:
DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT / 60 Euro / 20 seconds speaking part and many more
GAME EXPRESS / 5 Euro / Shortgame (digital) + poster (pdf)

oase

Postby oase » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:24 am

5 days left to support my game! You`ve seen all updates? Here is UPDATE NO. 2 for example:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ts/1992021
oase

Postby oase » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks to all who supported my project via kickstarter! 8) I hope to be able presenting you and everyone else who is interested chapter 1 of "Shadows by the Waterhouse" very soon! See ya! Raphael / thetonbandstories
oase

Return to New Games Announcements