Retro Crime Adventure

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Re: Retro Crime Adventure

Postby oase » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 pm

reneuend wrote:It's a nice game. I wish you much success!

Thank you very much! :D
art is political. art is social. art works united! beeing creative is pure spirituality. so - let´s do it! and never forget: life ... is a wonder : )
oase

Postby oase » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:51 am

Here is a first walkthrough video, more will follow shortly ...

https://vimeo.com/429800607

Do not be surprised - instead of interaction symbols such as magnifying glass, gear, etc., only the mouse pointer appears in the video (which is due to my screen capture program).

The Early Summer Sale for 5.99 runs until the end of the month ;)
art is political. art is social. art works united! beeing creative is pure spirituality. so - let´s do it! and never forget: life ... is a wonder : )
oase

Postby oase » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:13 am

Here is the first walkthrough video from chapter 1:

https://vimeo.com/431664970
oase

Postby oase » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:07 pm

My conclusion about "Shadows by the waterhouse": I didn`t get a single review on any platform. Unfortunately I cannot find anyone who will write about my game. As it looks at the moment the big effort is not worth it for me to develop any more games ...
oase

Postby reneuend » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Perhaps the problem is 'where' you are trying to reach people. You need to try and market your product by going to various gaming forums. Indie games is a good one. Try itch.io
It is not easy to get a game recognized. It takes a lot of effort. If people like it, they will tell others and the grapevine effect will take over.
You can also try Simon's site. He is/was a great AM developer: http://www.theicehouse.fr

I don't think its because no one wants to see your game. I think its because they don't know about it!!! You just have to reach the right market!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby oase » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:16 pm

I already sell my games on itch.io and have written in all adventure game forums known to me, in some since my first game 10 years ago. Adding up, I probably did get over 100,000 clicks on my threads. On English-speaking forums, however, I only know AdventureGamers, Gameboomers and Tigsource.
And apart from itch.io, I only know Gamejolt where I can currently publish my games without any hurdles. Maybe you could tell me any others? :wink:
oase

Postby reneuend » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:22 pm

You obviously have done your homework!
I'm not sure the size of the Windows-based adventure game market, but I'm sure it is much smaller then previous years.
I don't know the answer to pushing a game. There used to be a website that bought and sold homemade games. They were strict on quality, but I think your game would have had a good chance.
If I were to guess, I would say that people don't want to download windows-based games. You have to turn off your virus protection and people are rightfully skittish to do something like that. Where does that leave us? web-based? I don't know.
At the very least, you should be able to enter it in contests and see how it does.

All the best!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby oase » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Here is a free Waterhouse Demo Version https://novel-games.itch.io/waterhouse-demo :)
and video walkthroughs https://vimeo.com/user19130410 (written complete solution on http://www.artsunited.de)
oase

Postby oase » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:40 pm

There will probably be a third, final part of the Waterhouse saga, but in which form (whether as a pure text or graphic adventure) has not yet been determined.

The two previous parts are currently available for a total of 1.60 $ (or 1.80 $ including the soundtrack) until November 2nd! = 80% reduced! :wink:

> http://itch.io/s/57572/pumpkin-days
oase

Postby reneuend » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:28 am

Ohhhhh! You gotta make it graphical!!!!
Glad you are still working on this. It's a great project!.... with the graphics! :mrgreen:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby skype6 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:54 pm

Yeah! It's really good. Quite mysterious.. Keep it up :)
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby oase » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Unfortunately my laptop broke. With that I used up the license to use the commercial version four times and I´ve also lost some graphics and texts for Waterhouse 3. I don't know how I will continue to work at the moment. :roll:

I´ve tried out "Twine" but I think that´s not really the ideal alternative for making graphical games.
oase

Postby domozo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Very nice photos..
domozo
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to New Games Announcements