Aurora

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Aurora

Postby alexrestaino » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:53 pm

alexrestaino

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi,

Wow... :shock:

This is one of the most professional AM-games I have ever seen. Congratulations Alexrestaino !

It would be too bad that such a well crafted game only can be understood by Italian people... you could reach the whole world if you want... and you should :wink:

You can easily add subtitles in any language you want by using my SubMaster plugin for Adventure Maker. This way you don't have to narate the whole game again.

You can download it here if you want:

http://www.shadowhunter.co.uk/downloads/submasterdemoalpha1.zip

A demo is included !

I also encountered some bugs in the demo: When I start the game I immediately receive an variable depented error, probably a scripting error. Second thing is that video sequences are replayed 2 or 3 times. Could be that I need to install your codec though. I will try that.

And a last remark: you should really use a better soundcard to record the spoken word. There is a typically buzzing sound on the background that is caused by cheaper soundcards, unsuitable microphones and radiation from the screen, powersupply etc... it kind is a bit of a bummer compared to the graphics and interface.

You can make the font install automatically if you want. Read the forums for more information.

If you can solve these small issues you will have THE BEST looking game so far created with AM. And I really mean that ! Too bad I don't understand anything that is written or said :wink:

Good luck with this great project !

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby GM-Support » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:58 pm

Bellissimo! Very nice!

I haven't had time to play it to the end, but it really looks great!

Here are some beta-test remarks:

- The two videos immediately before the video that contains the "Aurora" title don't play on my computer. Instead, I see a logo of Windows Media Player and I can hear strange and disturbing sounds.

- I don't encounter any scripting error, unlike ShadowHunter.

- My Windows is set to 800x600, so when the game started I realized that I had to increase it to 1024x768, but I was unable to quit the game because the "exit" button is at the bottom, and the Esc key has been disabled. What I recommend you to do is to detect that the screen resolution is too low, and to ask the user if he/she wants it to be changed automatically (you can use the following VBScript functions: ChangeDisplayResolution, ChangeDisplayResolutionOnLoadGame, GetDisplayResolutionX, GetDisplayResolutionY).

- To have the font automatically installed on the end-user computer, you can follow the tutorial at the following location:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1321

Again, great game!

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby peTRE » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:29 am

Absolutely stunning! I cross my fingers that it'll be available in English. I also think much like ShadowHunter here on the details, but hey, this could go all the way right to the top!

peTRE
peTRE

Good

Postby Harvester » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:07 pm

Seems to be a nice game, however I don't speak Italian.... as some people mentioned before me, an English translation would be nice...
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby alexrestaino » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:58 pm

thanks for compliment! :D
ended the Italian version, we will work to the multilanguage: English, French, German, probable Spanish...
people who know the languages: of sure not I!
:D I love Babelfish!! :D
alexrestaino

Postby ada83 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:09 pm

thank you very much for compliments!

All your remarks will be ad to game and all bugs will be correct.

Michel Palucci
BluMiAl Studios
ada83

Postby alexrestaino » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:02 pm

:)
alexrestaino

Postby alexrestaino » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:11 pm

alexrestaino

Return to New Games Announcements