Blood Line

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Blood Line

Postby maxtreme » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:23 am

I have abandoned my Text Adventure for the moment (it was only in the story stages anyway). This new game was originally going to be a Game Maker made House of the Dead style shooter but has since become a Point-and-Click / Puzzle / Survival Horror. I had all of the artwork left over from the original, so I decided to transfer it. I'm trying to succeed in making the first ever action oriented point and click (Think Resident Evil meets Myst or D) I'll post more info later, but take a look at the images to get an idea of what the game will look like. Oh, and I used Paintshop Pro and MS Paint, so don't expect anything breathtaking here.

maxtreme

Postby asterothjames » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:32 am

i think the graphics look pretty cool m8 n nice game concept
psp as foobah
asterothjames

Creative Painter at it's Best.

Postby hegel5000 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:51 am

I had no idea you could get such nice stuff. I LOVE :twisted: the graphics. You just need diagonal up outward lines at the top of the wall, so it doesn't look like you're floating at the top of the room, allowing one to feel more inside the scene. The picture with the statuses shown felt more in.
hegel5000

Postby Bortdafarm » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:37 am

Groovy!!! nice one!
Bortdafarm

Postby maxtreme » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:42 am

^ I'm not exactly sure of what you mean? This is a First Person view game, how would it look like I was floating? Am I missing something vital?
Oh, and here was the original story (which I have since changed) this was made back in October...

Christmas Eve, 2005 C.E. 8:00 P.M.

Red Industries, a small medical research laboratory outside New York City. Most of the technicians, scientists, and other workers have left for the evening, desiring to be with their loved ones over the holidays. Under strict Security Policies, Red Inc. will be under lock down over the holiday recess.
Chrissa Lavender, a young, beautiful, and intelligent scientist stays late at her department, research and development. The lab?s newest project, code name: Poinsettia, has already reached its third week of success. The project, which has been categorized into the controversial issue of stem cell research, involves the mutation of any genome infused with a ?Super Cell?.
A super cell is a combination between Cyanobacteria the first life form on the planet, through which all other life sprouted, and normal animal DNA. It is practically indestructible, can provide its own energy, and multiply at an incredible rate. The near perfect organism. When one of these ?Super Cells? comes into contact with another living organism, a mutation occurs. The cells invade the other organism?s body, mutating all other cells into ?Super Cells?, creating a deformed, yet nearly indestructible being, which have proved harmless up until now.
So far, the project has only been tested on plants, and the government will not allow the project to continue on animals until the deformity effects have been counteracted. Chrissa believes she has found the answer, in the chlorophyll of a poinsettia flower. The toxins can dissolve the super cells and split them back to their original forms. Since the government won?t let them test the formula on anything living, Chrissa tests it on samples of her hair, blood, and saliva. All of the tests come back ?Super Cell? negative, meaning success for Chrissa and her team.
After the night?s success, Chrissa decides to go home and be with her family. It would beat getting out of the lab for once in a whole week. How much time had she devoted on this project instead of her family and friends? In fact, it seems she is the only person left in the whole lab at 10:00. She proceeds to the front door and finds it locked. Not only that, but the large security monitor overhead reads Lockdown, but that can?t be? Surely security would come by to have given her warning before closing the place down, wouldn?t they?
This is bad, if they had made an error, she would be stuck here until New Year?s Day. A phone would seem helpful in this situation?.but the line is dead. Worse still, most of the doors are locked, security is nowhere to be found, and Chrissa is stuck all alone in a dark, cold, laboratory. This Christmas Eve couldn?t get any worse, could it?
Inevitably so. When strange noises start to sound out from within the confines of the lab, and twisted shadows begin to prowl the halls, Chrissa is going to find that there are much worse things then missing out Christmas Eve. The mutation has begun and she is now the new test subject.
?Welcome to the experiment Miss Lavender??
END

^ Things changed:
- It does not take place on Christmas anymore
- The poinsettia plant will no longer play an integral role (in the first game it was the cure to the disease)
- There is no P.A. creepy voiced villain "Welcom to experiment" dude.
- The game will be set further into the future.
- The reason for the Mutants will be totally different.
- The "Super Cell" idea will be tweaked or dropped entirely
- There will be more people in the lab (Tentative)
- It will be more puzzle oriented
- It will take place in the same Lab (Can't redo the pictures now!!!1)

I still need to think of a better story, so I'll keep you updated.
maxtreme

I'm sorry, I meant the ceiling.

Postby hegel5000 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:08 am

You need to make the ceiling visible, just a tiny bit. The diagonal lines I mentioned would be the ceiling. If you can't see up to the ceiling and down to the ground while away from a wall, it looks like you're eyes are above the ceiling.
hegel5000

Return to New Games Announcements