The War of Necronise (demo)

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The War of Necronise (demo)

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:18 am

Name: The War of Necronise (demo)

Platform: Windows

Other Requirements: You must have Windows Media Player installed on your computer.

Description: This demo scratches the surface of what the full version will be. The Demo is about 1 and a half levels long. Since I am early in the development of this game, it has a few glitches, so please report anything you find in topic.

Game Play Description: Later on in the game you will engage enemies in sword dueling, and you will shoot enemies down with arrows, but in the demo, since it is only the first part you have get what you need and go where you need to go to start fighting.

Side Notes: The download is in .zip format so it would be a smaller download. I will get the .am1 file up on the internet soon for those of you who can't use .zip files. In a few frames it will say 'temp pic' in the middle of the screen please ignore this. I know that the graphics aren't great, but the game play is what I hope will be enjoyable and that's what counts. Also since I have not included sounds yet, and I use popups which create an anoying sound, you may want to turn off your speakers while playing.

To download .zip click HERE. (3.26MB)

If you can't use .zip files then click HERE. (18.02MB)

Last edited by Mitch on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
I am working on one of the biggest Adventure Maker games of all time. Click HERE to download the demo.
Mitch

I tried

Postby Harvester » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi,

I tried the demo of your game. Didn't have much time so I only experienced it for a short period, so I'm just talking only the things I noticed this while. I read you know the graphics are not the best: that is not a big problem at the game, but you should try to create a strong atmosphere which draws in the player in the world of the game. It would be very nice to find some good music which fits the scenes: it is easier than creating good graphics, but it is at least that efficient. For better graphics I can recommend Google Sketchup: I personally didn't use it, but I saw what others have done and it is said to be a very easy to use tool.
About the gameplay: as I said I haven't played much yet with the demo, I hope I will have time to play more. The only thing I didn't really like is the use of popup messages: first of all, they produce a sound that doesn't fit the game's atmosphere I guess, secondly, they are a bit annoying. The best would be to use voice-acting: this way the main hero would propably say that the door is locked. However there are other good ways too. But this might annoy only me, this whole thing is just my opinion. As I saw your GUI, the inventory, the fighting system might be quite good if you do it well, and create a background atmosphere that makes the player sit there and play for long hours.
Good luck with your game, you have the chance to make it very good:

Harvester
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:11 am

I already was going to do those things, but like i said i am early in developement so not everything is included.
I am working on one of the biggest Adventure Maker games of all time. Click HERE to download the demo.
Mitch

Postby Candle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:59 am

Will give it a try when I get some time here Mitch .
And welcome to the forums.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Okay

Postby Harvester » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Okay, good luck with your game.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:21 am

Thanks guys. BTW, I found a major glitch in the demo, but I got a new version up.
Mitch

Postby chad123261 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 pm

dude, 3d art in paint! WHOA!
chad123261
Frequent Poster

Return to New Games Announcements