A short Demo

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A short Demo

Postby rattle13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:01 am

Upgraded to current version of AM. started messing around and figured I'd make a little demo. Learning to use VBScripting makes things a lot easier!
Tell me what you think. :D

http://www.battleaxegfx.com/Sparator.zip
rattle13

Postby reneuend » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:18 am

Nice graphics and sound! :)

So, the first puzzle was easy. but...
I can't find any clues for the one where there appears to be a mirror and 4 push pads under it that displays various symbols. :?

any hints?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:26 am

I don't even get the first clue :oops: :lol:
Nice graphics so far :D

EDIT
Got it :D

Oh, I pushed either the first panel or the button upstairs where the 4 panels with the images are, and I got an error message:

Seems that the sounds for the panels are not working.

@Reneuend
Check the room on the left, activate sth first :)

And out :D
Very short but nice demo, do you intend to make it longer? Would be great!
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby rattle13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 am

reneuend, turn the light on by the red door and look real hard(little white switch,very small hotspot).
Mystery, thanks! I might work on this some more. The creepy horror stuff is what I like and I had shelved my earlier project. Think I might as well do both! I can't seem to get the animated gif option to work though.... :D can't wait for the HTML option to get perfected!!!
Last edited by rattle13 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
rattle13

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 am

It seems that you have encrypted the sound files, this can lead to incompability issues.
Make sure you copy-paste your sound files into the external folder before you compile the .exe, and do not encrypt them :)
Mystery

Postby rattle13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:52 am

Mystery wrote:It seems that you have encrypted the sound files, this can lead to incompability issues.
Make sure you copy-paste your sound files into the external folder before you compile the .exe, and do not encrypt them :)

Okay....this is only the second game I've compiled so any advice helps
EDIT_OH YEAH IN THE OPTIONS! GOING TO FIX IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
rattle13

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:58 am

Yes, this problem has been discussed in the Technical Problems area, and it took a while to figure out why there were sound problems on some computers and not on others. In order to make sound, videos, flash files etc. to work on all computers, it's better not to encrypt them, and to copy-paste those media files into the external folder before compiling.
This can save a lot of frustration on both sides from the beginning :)

Really very nice artwork! :D
It would be great if you continued this game, added more rooms and puzzles, players would like it a lot :D
Do you plan to do that?
Mystery

Postby rattle13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:30 am

Mystery wrote:Yes, this problem has been discussed in the Technical Problems area, and it took a while to figure out why there were sound problems on some computers and not on others. In order to make sound, videos, flash files etc. to work on all computers, it's better not to encrypt them, and to copy-paste those media files into the external folder before compiling.
This can save a lot of frustration on both sides from the beginning :)

Really very nice artwork! :D
It would be great if you continued this game, added more rooms and puzzles, players would like it a lot :D
Do you plan to do that?

OK nothing is encrypted and the sounds were copied and put into the external file before compiling.
Yeah I'll make more rooms I need to read the TUTs for some ideas on puzzles and such.
I could put a story into it also- maybe an offshoot of Captive or Event Horizon....basically escape the ship or blow it up or something :D
rattle13

Postby reneuend » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:58 am

I got it with no errors! :)

Very nicely done... I can see you have the hang of this...time for you to make a much bigger game now! :D

Nice work!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:05 am

I look forward to the continuation in this case :D

Hmmm, strange, I have re-downloaded the game, and I'm still getting this error message when clicking the first "tile" at the 2nd puzzle.

I have now tried to play all your sound files directly from the external folder with Windows Media Player.
For some reason HITECCLICK.wav doesn't work, I get an message about not enough memory to play this sound file - very strange :shock:
Is this the sound you're using for the "tiles"?
Can anybody double check this sound file if they experience a problem with it aswell? I don't get it... I don't have low memory, so the file must have some properties that prevent my WMP to play it, just don't understand it.
Mystery

Postby reneuend » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:01 am

I didn't get any errors while playing the game...but I rarely do when everyone else seems to get them...I guess I better hang on to this old machine! :)

I'll check that wav file Mystery and let you know.

(edit) Nope. No problems here!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:07 am

Thanks for checking reneuend :)
I did some search on Google, have found reports on similar issues, but no clear solution yet.
I never had such an issue, strange.
Mystery

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:00 am

Nice game and very nice avatar! :)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby rattle13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:08 am

Mystery wrote:Thanks for checking reneuend :)
I did some search on Google, have found reports on similar issues, but no clear solution yet.
I never had such an issue, strange.

Weird. I haven't got a clue :?
reneuend has an old machine. I've got an old machine (2002) The wave file was made on my old rig (WindowsME)....could be that it was sampled at a odd rate or something.

Lyberodoggy wrote:Nice game and very nice avatar! :)

Thanks! The puzzle to get the red key card was done strait from the tutorial that Mercedes and you put together.
Instead of the boxes changing colors I just made them with symbols. The tutorials along with the help files are invaluable!
I've had AM for years and simply because I didn't want to script or learn it I'd wind up having a ton of cool graphics, but no game.
It's easier than I thought. Thank You and ALL of the other folks who make tutorials,plugins and offer tech support!
Sorry to gush but it's like I've had a suitcase sitting in the garage for years.
One day I decide to open it up and it's full of money!!! :D

The avatar? Thanks!

<<posts merged by a mysterious force guarding the forums>>
Last edited by rattle13 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rattle13

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:35 am

I 'm glad to discover that I contributed, thanks.

rattle13 wrote:I've had AM for years and simply because I didn't want to script or learn it I'd wind up having a ton of cool graphics, but no game.

I 'm the exact opposite. Tons of ideas and the basic programming knowledge (vbs is the easiest scripting language, still not fully explored, but I 'm ok with what I already know) to use AM but I never managed to create decent graphics. Fortunately I 'm in the Free Thinkers group now so I only have to care about programming and game design (meaning the putting together of everything), since we 've got some excellent artists.

I suggest you join some group as soon as the opportunity shows.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby rattle13 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am

Lyberodoggy wrote:I 'm glad to discover that I contributed, thanks.

rattle13 wrote:I've had AM for years and simply because I didn't want to script or learn it I'd wind up having a ton of cool graphics, but no game.

I 'm the exact opposite. Tons of ideas and the basic programming knowledge (vbs is the easiest scripting language, still not fully explored, but I 'm ok with what I already know) to use AM but I never managed to create decent graphics. Fortunately I 'm in the Free Thinkers group now so I only have to care about programming and game design (meaning the putting together of everything), since we 've got some excellent artists.

I suggest you join some group as soon as the opportunity shows.

Sounds like a plan! :D
I currently do graphics for the Tyrannt RPG Engine but the lead programmer is recoding the whole thing from scratch.
That leaves me with time to do some side projects I've had
in my head.
rattle13

Postby rattle13 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:09 am

OK. I did some more rooms...now to work them in.
Here is one of them
Guess homeboy slept through the airlock safety class :lol:
rattle13

Postby Mystery » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:35 am

Great news! :D
I look forward to trying an extended version :)
Mystery

Return to New Games Announcements