"choose your own adventure" like story

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

"choose your own adventure" like story

Postby mazerik » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:23 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jrzzzn2zmdz/CYOA - Extreme Survival.am1

I just downloaded the free program and this is the first thing that I started. I used to love "choose your own adventures" books as a kid and with this program, I can make my own. If you ask me, they encourage kids to read more and well, I think that it is a fun project to do. I know that my kids enjoy making the wrong choice just so that they can see the bad ending, but hey, as long as they enjoy it. I do sometimes have trouble when it comes to the variables and such, scripting has never been my cup of tea. If anyone would like to help, as far as the programming goes, please let me know. I would much rather work on the story lines and the pictures anyways...
Attachments
Trail_into_woods_BookClosed.jpg
here is my initial title screen
Trail_into_woods_BookClosed.jpg (194.1 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
Last edited by mazerik on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mazerik

Postby reneuend » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Nice graphic! Did you draw that? :)

I love programming and would be glad to help.
Coordination is key though! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Yeah, I can help too (just with coding parts though, not the whole code, since I don't have too much free time nowadays)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

graphics

Postby mazerik » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 pm

yes, I painted the graphics using the program ArtRage (the best drawing/painting program I have ever used). I have a wacom drawing tablet so it makes it very easy to paint/draw. I use pictures as a reference and then manipulate it so that it fits the story that I am trying to convey. I have posted a tech question on another thread, but I don't understand exactly what to do (obviously I am a visual type of learner). here is where my post is.

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... 8411#28411

Have you checked out the start of the game that I have so far? Let me know what you think
mazerik

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:28 pm

The game looks good so far. I like being able to read what is happening, kinda lets me into the story instead of dropping me in the middle of it...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Re: graphics

Postby reneuend » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:52 am

mazerik wrote:http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=28411#28411

Have you checked out the start of the game that I have so far? Let me know what you think

I just added a message to it that I hope helps.

I'm gonna have to check out that paint program! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mazerik » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:44 am

for anyone curious about the program I mentioned "ArtRage" here is a their website.

http://www.ambientdesign .com

I am not affiliated with them at all, I just love the program. They have a free version which is great as it is, the only difference with the full version is that there are some extra tools and features. It is only $25 usd for the full version too.
mazerik

Postby ZeornWarlock » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:48 pm

I agree it is an amazing product, I use it often. It is very good in reproducing actual physical painting, especially oils. I have the full version and I love it. It is actually better in what it does than Painter and Photoshop for such a low price tag. The interface is one of the best in any paint program. There is only one bug I have found is that it looses its DPI when saved in any format other than Photoshop PSD.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby mazerik » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:39 am

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jrzzzn2zmdz/CYOA - Extreme Survival.am1

I have made a little more progress. This is very time consuming work, especially because every time that I get a couple of frames done I have to play it to make sure it is working the way that I want it. Above is the link to download the newest version. Since this is my first attempt at this sort of thing, comments are welcome and appreciated!
mazerik

Return to New Games Announcements