The Space Cadet

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Space Cadet

Postby Mystery » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 am

After some beta testing (thanks to the forum members for giving me feedback on bugs :D), here is the official version 1:

www.mysterys-games.ch/thespacecadet_v1.0.exe

Important: If you don't have K-Lite codec or XVid codec installed, grab the XVid codec from here:
http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html

Story:
You play as a cadet of the Space Academy whose job it is - apart from his/her studies - to test interfaces and communication devices of new spaceships.
Your day starts as usual, and you have a boring day ahead of you. But a distress call changes everything...

More screenshots at http://mysterysgames.myinternetblog.net/index.htm
Last edited by Mystery on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:12 am

Oh i can't wait for this one!~...Looks awesome..:D..I was hoping it was ready nowww...when i seen the thread..I was..oh good a game..!..:D

Alas, I will have to wait...

I so have to finish mine...started it again though..but all of my files are on my old machine..ugh..Have to get a jumpdrive..transfer them..I think might be the easiest way..

Ok well...I look forward to this one..I can play the part of a space cadet..lol..teehee
Last edited by mercedes on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Vairon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 am

Looks Good Mystery!
The story is intriguing ... I look forward to.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:34 am

Wonderful! I'm looking forward to it!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby FireOrange » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 pm

It sounds really interesting. I`m looking forward to the release. :)
FireOrange

Postby Mystery » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks FireOrange, and welcome to the forums :)
Mystery

Postby Lino » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Looks awesome! This should be great...when do you think it'll be released?
Lino

Postby Mystery » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Thank you Lino :D

I've got 90% done and tested, it will be finished when real life and my motivation grant me a boost - it should be finished soon.
I've created the last missing location this week and rendered the screens, all that is left is the scripting of 3 puzzles, and creating/finding the last missing inventory item icons. I think it will take 2 days of full-time work - just don't know when I have the time and motivation to do that :P
Mystery

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 pm

UPDATE:
I have worked on the game many hours in the past few days. What is left to do is to script a last puzzle (lots of scripting required for this one :P ).
I hope that I can do it tonight after dinner, so that the game can be released tonight or tomorrow for testing. :)
Mystery

Postby MRM2811 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Beautiful graphic work, really love the concept with of whole "Just a usual day at work.... uh nope" idea.

Already itching to try it out. :)
Just PM me three things, a location, a time period and a item.

I will send you back a story line.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 am

Thank you :)

I've got a problem now:
I have successfully compiled the exe (AM reported everything went fine), then closed AM and installed the game. Also the installation was reported as successful.
However, it shows as DOS file (The Space Cadet.pif) :shock:
All folders created seem to be okay, just something wrong with the .exe that tries to start in DOS mode.
I have tried to install other AM games which went absolutely fine and they show as normal applications. I have no idea what's going on :cry:
Will try to re-install AM tomorrow and see if it helps :(
Mystery

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 am

That is very odd.
Do you think maybe it just has a bad extension? Maybe try changing the file extension to an EXE and see what happens.

I found this on Microsoft's website:

A program information file (PIF) is created when you create a shortcut to, or modify the properties of, an MS-DOS-based program. PIFs allow you to set default properties for MS-DOS programs, such as font size, screen colors, and memory allocation.

When you change any settings in an MS-DOS-based program, a PIF is automatically created. The settings you specify will be used each time you start the program by double-clicking its icon. If you start the program from a command prompt window, these settings won't be used.

Creating a program information file (PIF) for an MS-DOS-based program creates a shortcut to the program executable. All the settings saved in the PIF file are contained in the shortcut. Windows displays PIF files as shortcuts.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:40 am

It is very odd! :shock:
It only happens with games that I compile now (tested it with other AM projects with the same result), despite that I get a "successfully compiled" message.
When I want to start the installed game, a DOS window flashes for 1 second and then closes. That's all.
I can however install and play games that have been compiled earlier.

And I even de-installed a re-installed AM. Also rebooted my laptop. I don't know what to do.

:( :( :(

EDIT
I've seen what you have posted above, but I don't know what to do with it - how can I get rid of it? :(
Mystery

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 am

Have you tried changing the extension to EXE and just running it?

It could also be a virus, but not sure why it would just happen when you are compiling.

If you would like, You can send my your project folder and I'll try compiling it....after I check it with a virus checker! :P
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:07 am

Among Start -> All Programs it's called The Space Cadet.pif (shortcut to DOS application).
But when I browse my program files, it has an .exe extension. So when I run it (even from there), I get that DOS window.
And now I'm also getting a message that NTVDM has stopped working. NTVDM is apparently the Virtual DOS Machine - so it might be the cause.

I'll see tomorrow if I can fix it somehow. If not I'll post again.
Mystery

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:31 am

You might try this utility. Its suppose to fix it:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/ntvdm/
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby General Failure » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 am

That's not a utility. It's just the information about the windows process ntvdm.exe, what is, like Mystery said, the virtual DOS machine inside of NT operating systems like windows 2000 or XP. If there's no exe, there is no way to start. The PIF files are only links to a exe files, that hold the informations like memory size for the DOS emulation. They can't be started without an executable program they can call. That's why there's only a short black box, that's opening and directly closing again. The exe is missing.

So it seems there is something wrong with the compilation process. Either no exe is generated or it is not packed in the installation package.
General Failure

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks for the infos guys :)
Yes, it's probably during the compilation that something goes wrong, however AM says everything went well, and I get an installation exe that looks normal. I'm at a loss at the moment.

Could one of you install this tutorial game that I've compiled and see if you get the same problem with it, or if you can start it? (Btw, the file should be clean http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/a24d ... 1263991388)

www.mysterys-games.ch/TutorialCodeBox.exe
Mystery

Postby General Failure » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 pm

No, it doesn't work, there is a Tutorial-CodeBox.exe in the installation directory, but it doesn't run. Same effect as described, just a black box that's closing immediatly. And in the Windows start menu, there is a PIF-File linked.
General Failure

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Okay, thank you for double checking General Failure! :)
In this case it's certain that something goes wrong during the compilation process.

The question is why, and what I can do to fix that. I've already re-installed AM, and also rebooted laptop.

The odd thing is that I don't get any error messages from AM, it reports a successful compilation. So I don't know where to start with the search for the cause.
Mystery

Postby General Failure » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Is it the new beta version?
General Failure

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:15 pm

No, the latest stable version 4.5.2.
Since there seem to be still issues with the beta version, I thought I'd work with 4.5.2 for now.

EDIT
Could one of you start to compile a small demo project and provide me with the contents of the .iss file? I could check if there is any difference, or if there is something missing in mine.
Mystery

Postby General Failure » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

What is an .iss file?
General Failure

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Check this out how to get the contents of the .iss (Inno Setup Script) file:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3792
Mystery

Postby General Failure » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Oh, ok.

[Setup]
Bits=32
AppName=Down in the basement
AppVerName=Down in the basement
AppCopyright=
DefaultDirName={pf}\Down in the basement
DefaultGroupName=Down in the basement
MinVersion=4,4
AlwaysCreateUninstallIcon=1
SourceDir=C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\Projects\Down in the basement\
BackColor=clBlue

[Dirs]
Name: "{app}\Config"
Name: "{app}\Inventory"
Name: "{app}\Icons"
Name: "{app}\External"
Name: "{app}\Schemes"
Name: "{app}\Schemes\Mummy"
Name: "{app}\Frames"
Name: "{app}\FramesData"
Name: "{app}\Areas"
Name: "{app}\CPData"

[Files]
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvbvm60.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Oleaut32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Olepro32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Stdole2.tlb"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctl3d32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Comcat.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Asycfilt.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Gif89.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\FoxCBmp3.dl"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msdxm6.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: regserver sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msscript1.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: regserver sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\StpComp\Msimg32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\Schemes\Mummy\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\Schemes\Mummy"
Source: "*.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"
Source: "Config\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\Config"
Source: "FramesData\test1.fm2"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\Vertical congratulations.fm2"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\test1.fm3"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\Vertical congratulations.fm3"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\*.fm0"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "Icons\Action1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Action1.310"
Source: "Icons\Action2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Action2.310"
Source: "Icons\Action3.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Action3.310"
Source: "Icons\Arrow2-Down.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow2-Down.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow2-Forward.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow2-Forward.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow2-Turn.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow2-Turn.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow2-Up.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow2-Up.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Bottom-left.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Bottom-left.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Bottom-right.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Bottom-right.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Down.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Down.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Left.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Left.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Right.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Right.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Top-left.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Top-left.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Top-right.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Top-right.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Up.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Up.293"
Source: "Icons\Close.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Close.302"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Arrow1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Arrow1.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Book.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Book.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Cross.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Cross.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Disk.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Disk.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_HandAction.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_HandAction.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_HandN1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_HandN1.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_HandN2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_HandN2.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_HandPick.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_HandPick.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_HandPickDisabled.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_HandPickDisabled.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Key1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Key1.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Key2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Key2.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Magnifier1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Magnifier1.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Magnifier2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Magnifier2.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Map.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Map.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Shovel.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Shovel.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Talk.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Talk.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_TalkDisabled.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_TalkDisabled.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Use.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Use.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_Walk.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_Walk.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_WalkDisabled.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_WalkDisabled.296"
Source: "Icons\Colored_WhatsThat.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Colored_WhatsThat.296"
Source: "Icons\Cross1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Cross1.296"
Source: "Icons\Cross2.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Cross2.210"
Source: "Icons\Cross3.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Cross3.210"
Source: "Icons\Cross4.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Cross4.210"
Source: "Icons\Cross5.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Cross5.210"
Source: "Icons\Down.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Down.230"
Source: "Icons\g_back.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "g_back.314"
Source: "Icons\g_closed.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "g_closed.315"
Source: "Icons\g_forward.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "g_forward.318"
Source: "Icons\g_hand.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "g_hand.320"
Source: "Icons\g_left.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "g_left.324"
Source: "Icons\g_right.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "g_right.330"
Source: "Icons\Hand.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Hand.230"
Source: "Icons\Help.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Help.222"
Source: "Icons\Invisible.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Invisible.325"
Source: "Icons\Magnifier.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Magnifier.335"
Source: "Icons\Magnifier2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Magnifier2.335"
Source: "Icons\Magnifier3.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Magnifier3.221"
Source: "Icons\No.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "No.094"
Source: "Icons\No2.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "No2.102"
Source: "Icons\No3.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "No3.104"
Source: "Icons\Open.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Open.324"
Source: "Icons\p_action1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_action1.340"
Source: "Icons\p_action1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_action1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_down1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_down1.343"
Source: "Icons\p_down1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_down1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_left1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_left1.351"
Source: "Icons\p_left1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_left1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_right1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_right1.357"
Source: "Icons\p_right1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_right1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_up1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_up1.360"
Source: "Icons\p_up1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_up1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_what_is_that1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_what_is_that1.362"
Source: "Icons\p_what_is_that1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_what_is_that1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_zoom_in1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_zoom_in1.365"
Source: "Icons\p_zoom_in1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_zoom_in1.png"
Source: "Icons\p_zoom_out1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_zoom_out1.365"
Source: "Icons\p_zoom_out1.png"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "p_zoom_out1.png"
Source: "Icons\page.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "page.344"
Source: "Icons\Pick.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Pick.332"
Source: "Icons\Pick2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Pick2.332"
Source: "Icons\Ring.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Ring.232"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Activate.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Activate.203"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Back.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Back.203"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Grab1.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Grab1.203"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Grab2.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Grab2.203"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Left.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Left.203"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Normal.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Normal.203"
Source: "Icons\Small-Hand-Right.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Small-Hand-Right.203"
Source: "Icons\Thumbs.db"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Thumbs.db"
Source: "Icons\Up-big.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Up-big.098"
Source: "Icons\Up-long.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Up-long.098"
Source: "Icons\Up-small.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Up-small.286"
Source: "Icons\Wait.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Wait.367"
Source: "Icons\Wait2.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Wait2.367"
Source: "Icons\Wait3.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Wait3.235"
Source: "Icons\Wait3-small.cur"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Wait3-small.235"
Source: "Frames\test1.bmp"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "test1.250"
Source: "Frames\test1.fme"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "test1.fme"
Source: "Frames\test1.lks"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "test1.lks"
Source: "Frames\Vertical congratulations.fme"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "Vertical congratulations.fme"
Source: "Frames\Vertical congratulations.gif"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "Vertical congratulations.137"
Source: "Frames\Vertical congratulations.lks"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "Vertical congratulations.lks"
Source: "Areas\050209_ambient_mix.wav"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "050209_ambient_mix.wav"
Source: "Areas\dooropen.wav"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "dooropen.wav"
Source: "Areas\key.obj"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "key.obj"
Source: "Areas\Key1.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "Key1.343"
Source: "C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\Projects\Down in the basement\TempCompiledPlugins\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\CPData"
Source: "C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\Plugins\KeyGuard.ocx"; DestDir: "{app}\CPData"; DestName: "cp000000.ocx"; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\Plugins\ParticlePlus.ocx"; DestDir: "{app}\CPData"; DestName: "cp000001.ocx"; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\Down in the basement"; Filename: "{app}\Down in the basement.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"

[Run]

[UninstallDelete]
Type: files; Name: "{app}\Temp001.dat"
Type: dirifempty; Name: "{app}"
General Failure

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks a lot!

Hmmm, the only thing I see is that the subfolder in Schemes is missing, but I don't know if this is just a project property or if it has any meaning.
You have:
Name: "{app}\Schemes\Mummy"

And I have:
Name: "{app}\Schemes\"

My .iss file looks like this:
[Setup]
Bits=32
AppName=Tutorial-CodeBox
AppVerName=Tutorial-CodeBox
AppCopyright=
DefaultDirName={pf}\Tutorial-CodeBox
DefaultGroupName=Tutorial-CodeBox
MinVersion=4,4
AlwaysCreateUninstallIcon=1
SourceDir=C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\Projects\Tutorial-CodeBox\
BackColor=clBlue

[Dirs]
Name: "{app}\Config"
Name: "{app}\Inventory"
Name: "{app}\Icons"
Name: "{app}\External"
Name: "{app}\Schemes\"
Name: "{app}\Frames"
Name: "{app}\FramesData"
Name: "{app}\Areas"
Name: "{app}\CPData"

[Files]
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\msvbvm60.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Oleaut32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Olepro32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Stdole2.tlb"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\ctl3d32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Comcat.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Asycfilt.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Gif89.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall regserver
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\FoxCBmp3.dl"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: onlyifdoesntexist; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Msdxm6.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: regserver sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Windows\system32\Msscript1.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: regserver sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "C:\Program Files\Adventure Maker v4.5.2\StpComp\Msimg32.dll"; DestDir: "{sys}"; CopyMode: alwaysskipifsameorolder; Flags: sharedfile uninsneveruninstall
Source: "*.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"
Source: "Config\*.*"; DestDir: "{app}\Config"
Source: "FramesData\AMf026cuo.fm1"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\amf026.fm2"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\AMf026cu.fm2"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\AMf026cuo.fm2"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\StartTutorial.fm2"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\amf026.fm3"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\AMf026cu.fm3"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\AMf026cuo.fm3"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "FramesData\StartTutorial.fm3"; DestDir: "{app}\FramesData"
Source: "Icons\Action.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Action.310"
Source: "Icons\Arrow2-Forward.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow2-Forward.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-Down.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-Down.293"
Source: "Icons\Arrow-TurnLeft.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Arrow-TurnLeft.293"
Source: "Icons\BackUp.ICO"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "BackUp.298"
Source: "Icons\Magnifier.ico"; DestDir: "{app}\Icons"; DestName: "Magnifier.335"
Source: "Frames\amf026.fme"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "amf026.fme"
Source: "Frames\amf026.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "amf026.391"
Source: "Frames\amf026.lks"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "amf026.lks"
Source: "Frames\AMf026cu.fme"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "AMf026cu.fme"
Source: "Frames\AMf026cu.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "AMf026cu.391"
Source: "Frames\amf026cu.lks"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "amf026cu.lks"
Source: "Frames\AMf026cuo.fme"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "AMf026cuo.fme"
Source: "Frames\AMf026cuo.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "AMf026cuo.391"
Source: "Frames\amf026cuo.lks"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "amf026cuo.lks"
Source: "Frames\StartTutorial.fme"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "StartTutorial.fme"
Source: "Frames\StartTutorial.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "StartTutorial.428"
Source: "Frames\StartTutorial.lks"; DestDir: "{app}\Frames"; DestName: "StartTutorial.lks"
Source: "Areas\AMf026-.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026-.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026+.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026+.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0260.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0260.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0261.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0261.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0262.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0262.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0263.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0263.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0264.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0264.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0265.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0265.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0266.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0266.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0267.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0267.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0268.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0268.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf0269.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf0269.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026gOn.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026gOn.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026KB.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026KB.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026N.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026N.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026o.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026o.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026rOn.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026rOn.391"
Source: "Areas\AMf026x.jpg"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "AMf026x.391"
Source: "Areas\Switch-OnOff.wav"; DestDir: "{app}\Areas"; DestName: "Switch-OnOff.wav"

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\Tutorial-CodeBox"; Filename: "{app}\Tutorial-CodeBox.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"

[Run]

[UninstallDelete]
Type: files; Name: "{app}\Temp001.dat"
Type: dirifempty; Name: "{app}"

Postby General Failure » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I could offer to test-compile your project on my system and give you the .iss that's created here. Maybe there are differences. Or maybe it just works.

I have 4.5.2 full non-commercial
General Failure

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:49 pm

It's not my project, I've tried to compile this demo project:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... 9054#29054

Btw, I've created a new topic in technical issues subforum, as I don't want to fill this topic about my new game with technical stuff:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5459
Let's discuss my technical issues over there, thanks :)
Mystery

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:43 pm

General Failure wrote:That's not a utility. It's just the information about the windows process ntvdm.exe,...

Actually, it is a scan but also a utility as it states that it will fix ntvdm.
Attachments
ntvdm_issue.jpg
ntvdm_issue.jpg (50.64 KiB) Viewed 16693 times
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:25 pm

After a big ordeal which ended up in registry restore, I think I've been able to compile a working setup file. *Keeps fingers crossed*

Please Note:
    * This is a beta version that may contain bugs. Please do not spread it yet in blogs/forums etc. as I want to be sure that the game works properly before releasing an official version.
    * It has been compiled with AM version 4.5.2 and is therefore not Windows 7 compatible.

<<link removed as the new version is available from the first post>>

Please tell me if you find any bugs, and describe the problem as detailed as possible, thank you :)

EDIT
Important: Sorry, I forgot to say that you need the XVid codec installed if you haven't it yet:
http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html
Last edited by Mystery on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mystery

Next

Return to New Games Announcements