Murder in the Spotlight is Back in Business!

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Murder in the Spotlight is Back in Business!

Postby Jaked » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 pm

That's right, after an unfortunate computer crash, Murder in the Spotlight is currently being rebuilt! To see the plot (original details), go to this link:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5227
Here are some pictures of the new theatre area.
I am remembering the basic puzzle scripts and I need to find Poser 4 again or get Daz3D or a later edition of Poser... so yeah, it's still a while off...
Attachments
Theatre_5.png
Theatre_5.png (481.93 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
Theatre_3.png
Theatre_3.png (905.28 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
Theatre_1.png
Theatre_1.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 5062 times
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Sorry to hear that you have to recreate the whole project.
Good luck! :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Jaked » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Candle, please don't consider this bumping! I don't want to make another Spotlight topic! I will OFFICIALLY get the Adventure Maker Full Commercial edition around my birthday (or maybe, sooner, for Christmas!), and also I'm getting Poser 8 near my Birthday as well! So, I'm preparing by making sound files for the detective and character's I'm oficcially playing as, and making all the places in the game with Sketchup 7, but I actually need help to get this game as my first officcial game! A lot, really! I know, asking for help too much without giving back will do no wonders to you, but I need the help so I can learn and adapt on how to make games completely on meh own!

NEEDED SLOTS:
VOICE ACTING:
Detective Thomas Kenson: Jaked
Jack Edson:??????????????
Jessica Macbower:??????????????
Donald Parchesen:?????????????
Sarah Clarke:????????????
Ronald Larson:????????????
Andante Reniero: Jaked

PROGRAMMING CONSULTANT (Someone to help me with puzzle scripting and such): ????????????????

MUSICIAN (Tribute to those who make the music in the credits and special thanks): ??????????

The people who help me will be rewarded in the credits, and a special thanks in the beginning!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Music

Postby Harvester » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm

SInce a project usually doesn't require music right from the beginning, let's say if it is seemingly progressing well, I may be able to help you out with OST.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Jaked » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Okay, I'll tell you when I need the finishing touches. Or if you decide not to in the time it'll take for me to get as far as, say, the ending. (Hopefully by January!)

And someone please PM me on how to do the following puzzles:

Sudoku
A Letter Triangle (I'll explain to someone who wants to help)
Having text AND video at the same time in a dialogue (A: I know this isn't a puzzle question and B: Tell me it isn't impossible! :(
Jaked
Code Master

Postby General Failure » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:58 pm

For the last point, maybe not exactly what you want to achieve and without knowing if there is a different way:
Why don't you just add the text to the video with a video editing software before you add the videos to the project?
General Failure

Postby Jaked » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks, General Failure! You can also do a GIF file that loops after a certain no. of seconds, and a sound file that plays for the same number of seconds, and then make it go back to the dialogue. It would be TOO HUGE! So, I asked for another easier method, so thanks for the solution!
Oh, also, I found the way to make the characters 3D: Moviestorm.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby General Failure » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:10 pm

At least with this solution the text is 100 % in synch with the video.

On the other hand there is no way to add an option to turn off the subtitles if they are burned into the video. But the program itself wouldn't get bigger if you do it that way.
General Failure

Return to New Games Announcements