The Artifact

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Artifact

Postby Velorond » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi!
This is my first real game that i have made, but unfortunately i never had the chance to fix a couple of things in it before my computer died.
But i was able to save the installer for the game.

It?s all made of photographs i have taken. Just simple point n?click.
Some areas might be too big so sometimes it get?s really hard to find something.


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Artif ... 1251052504

DL: http://dfiles.eu/files/obreoe3p7 (new link: 2014-10-05)
Attachments
207116_166656910057938_156711251052504_388572_2121932_n.jpg
207116_166656910057938_156711251052504_388572_2121932_n.jpg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 14085 times
Last edited by Velorond on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The Artifact

Postby Dalton » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Nice place! Where is it? And I?ll download it and play :D

Velorond wrote:Hi!
This is my first real game that i have made, but unfortunately i never had the chance to fix a couple of things in it before my computer died.
But i was able to save the installer for the game.

It?s all made of photographs i have taken. Just simple point n?click.
Some areas might be too big so sometimes it get?s really hard to find something.


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Artif ... 1251052504

DL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U2VH2SPY
Dalton
Expert Member
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:17 am
Location: BRAZIL

Postby Velorond » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 pm

It?s in Sweden, the western part of H?rjedalen Municipality. :)
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby reneuend » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for posting Velorond. I'm going to try it out. Beautiful Country!

So, are you going to be able to replace your computer? Was it a hard drive crash? If you don't have a problem opening up your computer, you can put the hard drive in a freezer bag and put it in the freezer for several hours, reinstall it, and usually you get a few hours of life so you can quickly unload important documents. Anyway, I hope you get it resolved. :wink:
---


Image
Image
User avatar
reneuend
Administrator
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Midwest Cornfield, USA

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 pm

You game looks fantastic... Too bad that I can't play it right now, my internet connection is too slow... :/

But, on 1st August, I'm playin' it for sure ;)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
User avatar
Vengeance66
Administrator
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: Macedonia

Postby reneuend » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Norton is not allowing me to download it. It didn't find a virus, but said the risk was "medium" because of the unfamiliarity with the file. Odd....I'm going to try it from my laptop.

Also, does this game work on Windows 7?
---


Image
Image
User avatar
reneuend
Administrator
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Midwest Cornfield, USA

Postby Velorond » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:43 am

reneuend wrote:Thanks for posting Velorond. I'm going to try it out. Beautiful Country!

So, are you going to be able to replace your computer? Was it a hard drive crash? If you don't have a problem opening up your computer, you can put the hard drive in a freezer bag and put it in the freezer for several hours, reinstall it, and usually you get a few hours of life so you can quickly unload important documents. Anyway, I hope you get it resolved. :wink:


No i had to format the disk, so i lost all data on it.
I had no idea that i can put it in a freezer, i will remember that. :)
I promise you there is no virus, maybe you can disable Norton for a few seconds to download it?
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby Vengeance66 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 am

I left my PC on to download the game.

I'm playing it later, when I come back home. ;)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
User avatar
Vengeance66
Administrator
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: Macedonia

Postby Velorond » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 am

reneuend wrote:Norton is not allowing me to download it. It didn't find a virus, but said the risk was "medium" because of the unfamiliarity with the file. Odd....I'm going to try it from my laptop.

Also, does this game work on Windows 7?


Yes the game works in Win7, it?s made on that OS.
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby St Anger » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:00 am

Just finished it and it was really well made, especially the music. One of the better AM games I have played! It has a very strong "Carol Reed" feeling to it, which I really like.
All that I have left to say is, keep making more games and: Lycka till f?r framtida projekt!
User avatar
St Anger
Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Uddevalla, Sweden

Postby Velorond » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 am

St Anger wrote:Just finished it and it was really well made, especially the music. One of the better AM games I have played! It has a very strong "Carol Reed" feeling to it, which I really like.
All that I have left to say is, keep making more games and: Lycka till f?r framtida projekt!


Tackar, tackar! :)
Ja jag ?r v?ldigt inspirerad av Carol Reed spelen men ?ven Anacapri: The Dream, s? jag gjorde n?got som skulle efterlikna dom.
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby Vengeance66 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:39 pm

This is interesting game, I like it! It is really confusing with the scenes and their 90 degrees rotation. But, I like it!

I finished it and saw it was really easy if you know it. But I waste a good time, nearly one and a half our playing it.

I found a bug in the way to the ski center on one frame you click to rotate right, but nothing happens...

But, everything else seems to work fine and I like the idea of this. The most freaky thing was the place with the flashlight at the factory. It's a good effect...

Continue working on new games friend ;)

Edit: The FB link directs me to my home page :/
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
User avatar
Vengeance66
Administrator
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: Macedonia

Postby FireOrange » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 am

I finished the game and it was great. :) I especially loved it to explore those beautiful places. May you say us the number of photographs (backgrounds), you've embedded in the game? :wink:

By the way it also reminds me of Carol Reed. :) Good work!
FireOrange
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Postby reneuend » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:54 am

I'm at the Mitte..Mountain, but couldn't find the clue there. You planned out the path with the photos very well. Wow! What a lot of work!! The pictures must have been taken in one day because the weather and lighting looks the same.

Very well done!
---


Image
Image
User avatar
reneuend
Administrator
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Midwest Cornfield, USA

Postby Velorond » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 pm

FireOrange wrote:I finished the game and it was great. :) I especially loved it to explore those beautiful places. May you say us the number of photographs (backgrounds), you've embedded in the game? :wink:

By the way it also reminds me of Carol Reed. :) Good work!


Im glad that you liked it! :) i can?t say for sure how many photos i took for the game, but i think something between 300-400 maybe. :roll:

reneuend wrote:
I'm at the Mitte..Mountain, but couldn't find the clue there. You planned out the path with the photos very well. Wow! What a lot of work!! The pictures must have been taken in one day because the weather and lighting looks the same.

Very well done!


Have you looked at the very top of the mountain? 8) Thank you, no it took 2 summers to take all photos, and i waited for the good weather, so it would look the same. Halfway to the cottage it started raining so i had to hurry there. :D
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby FireOrange » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Velorond wrote:i can?t say for sure how many photos i took for the game, but i think something between 300-400 maybe. :roll:


This is really like Carol Reed. :) :wink:

I just wrote a review of your game for my german 1st person-adventure-Blog:

http://1stpersonblog.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ifact.html

If you don't understand, don't worry, it's very positive. :wink:
FireOrange
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Postby Velorond » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:36 am

FireOrange wrote:
Velorond wrote:i can?t say for sure how many photos i took for the game, but i think something between 300-400 maybe. :roll:


This is really like Carol Reed. :) :wink:

I just wrote a review of your game for my german 1st person-adventure-Blog:

http://1stpersonblog.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ifact.html

If you don't understand, don't worry, it's very positive. :wink:


wow, my first review! im so happy!!
And thanks for telling me. :)
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re:

Postby sayyeddanyal » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 pm

FireOrange wrote:
Velorond wrote:i can?t say for sure how many photos i took for the game, but i think something between 300-400 maybe. :roll:


This is really like Carol Reed. :) :wink:

I just wrote a review of your game for my german 1st person-adventure-Blog:

http://1stpersonblog.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ifact.html

If you don't understand, don't worry, it's very positive. :wink:


Is there any way to submit games to your blog for review?
visit my Facebook page for latest info about my games and upcoming projects
http://www.facebook.com/dcom.softwares

visit my website for other types of projects
http://www.dcomsoftwares.tk

visit my online library project website
http://www.library-project.appspot.com
User avatar
sayyeddanyal
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 am

Re: The Artifact

Postby FireOrange » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Since I'm logged in again now, you can ask me here anyway. :)
FireOrange
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: The Artifact

Postby skype6 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Looks interesting, too bad the link is dead :(
User avatar
skype6
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: The Artifact

Postby Velorond » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:30 am

skype6 wrote:Looks interesting, too bad the link is dead :(


Not to worry my friend! I made a new link: http://dfiles.eu/files/obreoe3p7
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The Artifact

Postby skype6 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Yeah,this is great! Many thanks :D
User avatar
skype6
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: The Artifact

Postby skype6 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 am

Very interesting game! I really enjoyed it. By the way, great locations... Somewhat reminds me of Carol Reed adventure! As others have confirmed, there are a few bugs but all in all, good job :)
User avatar
skype6
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Re: The Artifact

Postby Velorond » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Thank you! i´m glad you liked it.
User avatar
Velorond
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Sweden


Return to New Games Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron