ASA: A Space Adventure

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Re: ASA: A Space Adventure

Postby reneuend » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

The demo Is just that...a demo. The actual game is full screen.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 am

Hey reneuend, did I miss something ? Whay do you speak of the demo not fullscreen ?
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:24 am

Not sure...when I ran the demo, it was windowed. I thought that was intentional.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, that was intentional in the demo to make it windowed only. The complete game runs fullscreen OR windowed, you have the choice.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey what's new with the great AM users ? I continue to visit the forums but I don't see many messages from my friends reneuend and V66 ! I'm afraid you're all very busy.
Maybe you're working too hard on the snow challenge ? :P
Oh my, it's february already and I have not finished at all... I must find time to continue !

Here are some news on ASA :
unfortunately, the game has been recently refused by GOG.com because of its poor resolution and some interface issues.
on the same time, some reviews in french magazines liked the game and many adventure players seem to enjoy it.
I recently created a "fan page" for ASA where I will add all the latest news :
http://www.facebook.com/aspaceadventure
It's a bit late to create one but it could help everyone knowing the game if there are enough people who click 'I like it". Until now, ASA has... only 21 fans :lol:
If you want to talk of the game with adventure players, you can always come here : http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/942/

If I can do something to help someone on his/her project here, feel free to ask ! I don't have a lot of time but if I can give an advice...
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm disappointed they didn't take your game. Why does the resolution have to be so sharp? Even Hollywood softens pictures to create a better mood.
I'm still around...just don't have much time for anything these days due to work. I hope one of these days I will get in a better groove.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Glad to read from you reneuend ! Hold on with your work !

About the low resolution and GOG refusal, I am VERY surprised because GOG means "good old games", you see ? They're selling a lot of old games like Myst, Carmageddon, Broken Sword,etc.. which have a resolution much slower than ASA (asa : 1024x768 and riven : 640x480)
What they told me is that they don't judge the new games like they did for these ones... but does it mean that indie devs will have to do only great perfect games in the future to have a chance to be selected ? What about their idea to sell "old"-looking games ? Sad...
Whatever... !

One last thing : did each of you - beta testers - receive your link to download ASA for free ?
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:14 pm

I got the link and I downloaded it.. Thank you very much! :mrgreen:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Great ^^
Now the question is : will you find some time to play it someday ? lol
Hey you know, you can share the game with your friends and family for free if you want. The game doesn't need a crack, there's no protection, so feel free to share it !
The only thing I don't want is that people share the game on internet.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 am

Hey ! ASA is running a -50% sale in May ! Tell your friends :D

http://www.desura.com/games/asa-a-space-adventure
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm

After many exams, makeup exams... I finally played ASA and finished it! Wow man! I didn't expect that, honestly!

First of all, the point that I'm part of this community where the ideas were first shared, pointed out, makes me happy that I'm playing this indie game that is really long and professional.

The graphics of the game are really amazing, since they are really nice done. I don't know anybody who is dedicated this much about details. There are videos and animations that fills the story a bit and makes to think about what is going to happen next. The atmosphere is a bit dark for me since you are wandering alone in space. Although, space is not something really interesting to me, the game bring different expectations about it.

The thing that is making me happy is that there is voice acting like when you click on some objects, it's not only the text, but there is voice telling you that. The diary is a special moment too. It's really huge and have nice details about the puzzles and the story. I really never thought that the diary could hold that much information.

The game is mainly hard (well, it was for me) with really great puzzles, I don't know how you came with these ideas, I was thinking for one puzzle for more than 3 months... haha... :D

I'm not a person that should score a game, but I would like to tell everybody that you should play the game, first because it's made from our member from the forums, second because the game deserves that!

I'm happy that I played the game, thanks to SImon for that and I hope that in near future we'll see some new projects from Simon like ASA is.

P.S. Thanks for mentioning me in the credits, I'm honored! :-)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Simon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks a lot V66 ! :D I'm very happy that you liked ASA so much ! GREAT !!!

ASA is free for all AM users (who subscribed before the game release), so don't hesitate to ask your copy !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey ! ASA is available in a 7-games-bundle on Indie Royale !! http://www.indieroyale.com/
You can get the 7 indie games for less than 4 euros, but there's less than 2 days left ! Spread the word :D
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Nice! Posted on Twitter. :-)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Great news!

ASA grows and grows... :D
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby Simon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks V66 :)

Vairon : Yes, ASA grows and grows, but it's been sooooo slow and a lot of hard work :S There might be a surprise next year with a sequel to ASA, if I can find the time to make it !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey when my old hard drive got a virus I lost my copy of ASA. Would it be OK if you could send it to me again in a PM? Or should I buy it?
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Sure it's free for all AM users !
Do you have an account on Desura ? You need one to get ASA for free. Give me your username, and I'll send you a key to get the game.
http://www.desura.com/members/register

BTW I just noticed your contest. Sorry, I didn't have the time to visit the AM forums until now. I'll have a closer look as soon as possible.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks man. I created an account over there, my username is samuelvenable because time-killer-games strangely enough was taken.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

It OK TKG, I just sent you the key, all you need to do is go get it from Desura ! Keep me informed if there's a probleme.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby FireOrange » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 am

I finished the game now und I'm really impressed. Great work! :)

I guess, this one should be the first review in german language(?): http://1stpersonblog.blogspot.de/2013/1 ... nture.html
FireOrange

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks a lot, FireOrange !! :D I read all of your review with google translation because I don't speak german, but I think I got it, and that you really understood what I tried to do with ASA !
I'm really happy that you took the time to write a review. Are you familiar with the Adventure Maker forums, or did you subscribe on purpose ?

I particularly apreciate your conclusion ! :mrgreen:
"ASA" ?bertrifft alle Erwartungen, die ich in Bezug auf diesen Titel hatte, und entpuppt sich als absolute Top-Empfehlung unter den sogenannten Myst-Klons.
"ASA" exceeds all expectations I had regarding it, and turns out to be absolute top recommendation among the so-called Myst clones.
What compliment could be more nice ?

Then you'll probably be happy to learn that I'm thinking of a new project of 1st person adventure in space. I can't tell more yet, it's too early.

There had already been a review in dutch, but can german people understand it ?
http://www.adventurespel.nl/info/info-asa.htm

In my next game project, I'll try to include by default more languages. Would you be interested in helping me on the german translation ? I kow that many people had to play in english and didn't speak it well, so I'd like to avoid that again.

Thanks again for your review, it made me happy for the rest of the day !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby FireOrange » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Simon wrote:Thanks a lot, FireOrange !! :D I read all of your review with google translation because I don't speak german, but I think I got it, and that you really understood what I tried to do with ASA !
I'm really happy that you took the time to write a review. Are you familiar with the Adventure Maker forums, or did you subscribe on purpose ?

I already know the AM-forums since 2010. I just didn't write here much during the last months.

Simon wrote:Then you'll probably be happy to learn that I'm thinking of a new project of 1st person adventure in space. I can't tell more yet, it's too early.

Yay, great news! :)

Simon wrote:There had already been a review in dutch, but can german people understand it ?
http://www.adventurespel.nl/info/info-asa.htm

Uuh... no, not really. :lol: There are similarities between some words but this doesn't help to understand the whole context.

Simon wrote:In my next game project, I'll try to include by default more languages. Would you be interested in helping me on the german translation ? I kow that many people had to play in english and didn't speak it well, so I'd like to avoid that again.

I'm honored that you ask me for this. :) But I can't give you an concrete answer yet. Since if it will take some time, we should talk about it at later point of time.

Simon wrote:Thanks again for your review, it made me happy for the rest of the day !

And I'm happy about your feedback. :) Thanks!
FireOrange

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Since if it will take some time, we should talk about it at later point of time.

About the translation, yes, there's no hurry. I first need to know how I will feature the story, and I have to write it too.
So there's still plenty of time. I'll get in touch with you when I'm ready, and you tell me if you can help or not ;)
Simon
Expert Member

Postby domozo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Simon...
I read about your game and saw the prelude movie...it is amazing...I was surprised by the 3d making and high rendering level
( it remembered my by James Bond-Night Fire- movies )...it is very effective ...I am looking to make a similar 3ds movies in the future
but I don't think I can make like it ...this needs a lot of experience and insist...congratulations for this grand work...and really
after I saw the work images ....I am looking forward to play the game ....
with my best regards
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey domozo, thanks for the nice words ! You can watch the full ASA film, and all my other works on my website : www.simonmesnard.fr
Just make your choice with the menu/video, and click on the pictures to watch the films.

About making your own 3D movie in the future : you should never give up. You REALLY have created wonderful pictures in The Arabic Adventure. If you could see the first films I had made years ago, you would laugh. I really started by making pityful things lol
You'll probably need to train, but you should really try to make a film if you want to. I can give some advice, just ask me ;)
Simon
Expert Member

Postby sayyeddanyal » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 am

This game looks very amazing. I watched the video and that looks like some international studio created it like Pixer.
visit my Facebook page for latest info about my games and upcoming projects
http://www.facebook.com/dcom.softwares

visit my website for other types of projects
http://www.dcomsoftwares.tk

visit my online library project website
http://www.library-project.appspot.com
sayyeddanyal

Previous

Return to New Games Announcements