Mytho

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What is a reasonable price for Mytho? (The playing time will be approximately 3 months at 3h a day)

Poll ended at Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Up to 50$ (38.50€)
No votes
Up to 20$ (15.40€)
17%
Up to 15$ (11.55€)
No votes
Up to 10$ (7.70€)
67%
Up to 5$ (3.85€)
No votes
Only for free
17%
Only for Open-Source
No votes

Total votes : 6

Mytho

Postby mrmyst » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:09 am

UPDATE:
A new Poll has been started!

Hello,

I have been working together for a year with my aunt in a game that is called Mytho. My aunt thinks up some small ideas, while I take care of graphics, sound and story. So far I've worked off the public to the game, but this is changing as of today, because I want the criticism appears during development. Otherwise I have to change the game yet published later :).

The story is indeed the direction of science fiction, but everything is designed so that it is based on scientific facts and already existing equipment.

Without a reason you find yourself on an island called Mytho, on which are some small houses. On a second island is a huge power plant. In one of the buildings there are records of a missing scientist who has studied telegraphy and telephony in the past - he even had success, though only by 8 seconds. He made shocking discoveries that result is extremely heavy. It has something to do with the pretmid nare (?). Some Letters has been Removed.

The Game will become commercial, but for the Tests, i?m going to use the non-commercial Version.

MrMyst

I will not answer Questions about the Story. It will be an Secret up to the release.
Last edited by mrmyst on Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.
mrmyst

Re: Mytho

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 am

Hi,

I like the idea and the story sound interesting for me. I love the island type stories... :-)

Hope to see some screenshots and more details in the future.

Cheers,
V66
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 am

I definitely like the idea that its based on fact. It makes it hard because of the research, but also makes it more exciting. I wish you the best on this project!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:28 pm

The story sounds intriguing, I like it.
We hope more details soon.

Regards, Vairon.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Hello,

i'll post some renderes Images and Maps of the Game soon. There are three other Islands in the Game. It's possible to visit them using augmented Reality, but i won't say to much. For my Aunt and myself it's important, that the final Renderings are as realistic as possible, althoug that could take many Years. The Game will be availible in Englisch and German. There will be an Demo to realise, how realistic the Graphics are, and a Full Version to Download and a CD Version to order. At the Moment, i think, that the CD Version will be availible in Germany only, but maybe it will be availible everywhere. Because i have to do many things, i can't promise, that the Game will be published, but i think so.

MrMyst
mrmyst

Postby mrmyst » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Sorry, i wanted to say "finished", not published. If i should finish it, and i think so, it will be published.
Last edited by mrmyst on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmyst

Postby Simon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Realistic graphics ? I'm interested :D 3D, photo, drawings, other... ? How will you do that ?
Sounds like a great project, take your time on it !

If someday I can help with publishing the game, don't hesitate to ask ;) I may have good advice, I'm currently doing it for my game !

Good luck !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby mrmyst » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Hello,

i'm going to use Rendered Images with a modified Version of Cycles. Those Images can be very realistic, as in this Example fron Andrew Price: http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/creat ... ith-cycles
My modified Version also support Translucent Caustics, the offical realise only support Transperant Caustics.

MrMyst
mrmyst

Postby Simon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 am

So it's blender. Great ! :)
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Are you using Blender? Wow :shock: , if you get that level of quality... the game will be commercial for sure.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Right now I can not invest any time in Mytho, because I am very sick. It's nothing life-threatening, but it will take some time before it's over. At the end of February, you can expect news. My aunt it's not much better.
mrmyst

Postby reneuend » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm

I hope you and your aunt the best. It's no fun being sick. :(
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Good luck and I wish you heal soon. I'm very interested in your game !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby mrmyst » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 am

Hello,

unfortunately, it is even not better with me, and I have no time to develop Mytho. Since I rarely get up, but mostly in bed, i also had the opportunity to think a lot about Mytho. To test whether the story is good, i will soon create a preview with drawed Images and simple MIDI-Music (without any special effects) . Then I can test how good or bad the story is, without rendered Images with weeks-long effort for ideas that I might reject immediately afterwards the create. Maybe i?ll publish this preview. I'll start at the beginning of March (4th or 5th).

MrMyst
mrmyst

Postby Vairon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:41 pm

We all hope you recover soon, health comes first. :wink:

Best regards, Vairon.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 am

Thank you. I was thinking to publish the pictures, as they are of only simple line drawings. Because of my health condition I was not far, but here is ever one.

1- Building
2- Building
3- Building
4- Power pole
5- Power Pole
6- Electrical line
7- Path

Little things, such as switches are not shown. The map is intended to show what?s the shape of Mytho.
Attachments
mytho.jpg
The Map of Mytho
mytho.jpg (17.57 KiB) Viewed 10616 times
mrmyst

Postby Vairon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Mmmm, very similar to Myst... I like it!
Give me more, please :wink:
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, i had the idea for this game before I had heard for the first time about Myst. (Really :D )

If I have the time, I post a screenshot of the alpha version, soon. However, there are currently only about 15% of the puzzles, which will be available in the version for sale. Also, the graphics are not as good. It still lacks many details, such as leaves on trees or rust on metal surfaces.
mrmyst

Postby Vairon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Really? Cyan stole your idea! :wink: Seriously, I believe you.

About images, don't worry, is the alpha version I understand.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 pm

With "this game" I meant Mytho, not Myst. :D
Also, I would never have had the idea to produce adventure games, if I had not played Myst.
mrmyst

Postby mrmyst » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

UPDATE:

Now I have the first preview of Mytho. It is far from final, but it can already show how Mytho will look. Also, I have published my sketch. In addition to my notes, I wrote a German-English translation of them. I ask for understanding that I do my notes in German, and hope to do not confuse anyone. The Rendering?s Textures are from NoctuaGraphics, a nice german 3D-Company.

MrMyst
Attachments
skizze.jpg
My Sketches and Notes
skizze.jpg (226.76 KiB) Viewed 10575 times
brücke.jpg
Textures from NoctuaGraphics
brücke.jpg (43.59 KiB) Viewed 10575 times
mrmyst

Postby Vairon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 pm

I know, I know, it's a joke! :lol:

Hmmmm... very interesting, the first steps.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Nice that you like it. Were the sketch interesting, or should?nt I publish it again in the future?
mrmyst

Postby Vairon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Of course, you must publish anything that you want. Personally I like to see every step of the project, even sketches. :)
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 pm

O.K
mrmyst

Postby Simon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Hey, great to learn more about your game !
About your sketches, I personally voted "no" (sorry), because I don't really want to see them right HERE on this forum... but that does not mean I'm not interested !

What I want to say is that showing your sketches IS interesting indeed, but a forum is not really the best way on my opinion. You should create a blog or a specific page to post them... It is much better to have a central and personal place to post all your new infos about the game ! That's what I made for my game ASA: A Space Adventure (blog : http://2011asa.blogspot.fr) and I don't regret it. You can give the link of your blog here and there on the net, and people can see what they want, when they want, without having to search for your specific thread on some forums.
And on top of that, a blog is much better to show the evolution of the project.

What I said here is important for all AM users who plan on making a commercial game on their own !
- Create a blog for your project, and post some info EVERYDAY (even if it's too say you're too lazy to work today) --> keep your blog alive during the production process, or people won't be interested for a long time.
- Create a facebook fanpage for your project, with links to your news on your blog (I made one, but too late...). It's an easy way to be informed of the latest news.
- Don't be afraid to show your WIP (work in progress) and any pictures you can have (even references gathered on the net, to illustrate what you want to do).
- Don't lose money in trying to protect your work. From the moment you're making something very personal, it is very hard to steal.
I think you can take the ASA blog as an example. It's far from perfect, of course, but it shows the main idea (even if, lately, I didn't update it much)

Anyway, don't lose your motivation mrmyst : you're starting a great project that promises to be very beautiful and very interesting. I wish you all the best to go to the end of it, and I know how long and hard it is. I'm looking forward for more 3D pictures ! :mrgreen:
Simon
Expert Member

Postby mrmyst » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

I had problems with the Internet connection. Now I can post again, since i have an Online-USB stick. It cost ? 19.95 (about $ 23.50), but nowadays nobody can do without Internet.Previously, I had Internet via antenna (on the roof), but which has been deformed by the heavy snowstorm in Germany. But i could working on Mytho also in time where I had no online connection.
mrmyst

Postby Vairon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 pm

I hope soon more info! :wink:
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby mrmyst » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Hello,

in the last week I was sick again, but it is slowly getting better. Because of my illness I was walking a lot, and I have taken photos that I will use as a template for Mytho, as when I make dirty and old surfaces. Since I have a Polaroid camera, i can view the images on the spot. My digital camera was broken after I tried to take pictures with a telescope (and filter) of the sun. I hired a web designer to program a blog for Mytho. He said he needs about a month, if the design has to be exactly the way I imagine it. I hope i do not disturb, when I get my screenshots published here until the blog is fully programmed (ca. 20th April).

MrMyst
mrmyst

Postby reneuend » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:56 am

Pricing is a tough question. Marketing is always based on what the market will bear. In other words, how high of a price can you go so you make the most money from it. Probably the easiest way is to check prices on comparable games. Of course, if you go too cheap, then people will think its just a cheap game, but if you go too high, people will think you are just being greedy. Those of us on the forum can only base our assessment on the images you supplied. We don't know the game play, or anything else about the game. It would be a total guess on our part. Basing on Simon's ASA game, I would say up to $10 is fair and that really depends on the playability of the game.

Best of luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Next

Return to New Games Announcements