Gone Squatchin (Win7/10) Available Now

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Gone Squatchin (Win7/10) Available Now

Postby reneuend » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:19 am

At 12 years old, your dad takes you camping in a dense forest. During the night, a Sasquatch attacks your camp. Your dad is missing. 5 years after this incident, you still have nightmares. You decide to do some research on Sasquatches and enroll at the BFRO (BigFoot Research Organization) Academy. Before you can leave, you must collect the items on a list that is required for attendance. Once you arrive at the Academy, you must pass all courses to graduate from the academy. If you graduate, you will receive funding for your research. And in the back of your mind, you are planning on searching for your dad.

DOWNLOAD ----> http://www.hickchickgames.net/downloads/GoneSquatchin.zip

There are several interesting and unique puzzles built with over 5000 lines of code that push the limits of Adventure Maker.

Update (March 5, 2017): working on character dialog. Looking for voice actors.
Update (March 23, 2017): still working on character dialog. I have some voice actors now. Should be ready to build animation soon.
Update (June 17, 2017): The Intro part of the game is complete. Working on the main game which is approximately 50% complete. Explanation: I tried something new. The intro is interactive; although, there is quite a bit of animation/movie that helps explain what the story is all about. I'll try to get the rest of the game complete before the end of the year. Interestingly, it took my testers a few hours to complete the Intro. So, I guess we should call it chapter 1! :wink:
Update(November 28, 2017): I'm back to working on the main game thanks to other members getting back into AM gaming! :) I hope to have an update on the progress soon.

Update (December 20, 2019): It's long overdue, so I'm going to try and optimize my animation in the Intro part of this game and release it next week. Merry Christmas! I was going to put in captions for those who have a hard time with hearing English as opposed to reading it, but it would take too much time. I will add this in the future if there is interest.

Hang in there...won't be long..I'm editing the Intro of the game, which starts with a video and then right into the game. Once you complete this part of the game, you will be directed to the Game Menu. The rest of the game is still work in progress. AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW!

DOWNLOAD ----> http://www.hickchickgames.net/downloads/GoneSquatchin.zip

.....More to come!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Gone Squatchin (Win7)

Postby skype6 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Oho! Is that a new game?
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Can't wait! :D
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:32 pm

I've been putting in a lot of hours the past few months building animation for this game. Besides the animation, there are some unique puzzles. I've decided to keep most of this secretive because it's hard to tell when I can actually finish it. I'm going to try to have it done by April so I can give this to my nephew, who is a big Sasquatch fan, not that he believes there is one, he just thinks the whole idea is fun. I stuck a character in the game that resembles him. You'll be able to figure it out because he's still a preteen! :-)

Anyway, I've shown some of the characters in the drawing forum earlier. They may change a little from what you see there. I'm very torn about giving a lot of details about the game. It might be more fun to just spring it on you when it's done.

When I release it, if there are any puzzle that you are interested in understanding how it was done, let me know.

I'm still working on "Rotten Luck". It's nearly finished, but I set it aside to finish this one.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:38 am

Interesting. I wanna see those puzzles. They will surely be inspirational for other developers for their games. :D

Keep it up reneuend, can't wait to see it... :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:41 pm

Nice! I'm curious to see and know more :D
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby domozo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Very glad to read about your new game, I hope you finish it soon and post some snaps from it, good luck reneuend, Waiting your creation...
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:22 am

Just an update: Getting closer to being finished. I'm tying the scenes together and finishing up a few more puzzles.
I have 2 weeks in December that I'm taking off from work, so I should be able to devote a lot of time toward this. I hope I can release this as a Christmas gift to yall.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:38 am

Wow, awesome! Can't wait to play it! :D

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:16 am

I have the intro done, which includes a fairly lengthy animation and a pre-game game to introduce the player to the controls and to set the stage for the rest of the story. After you complete the pre-game, you are taken to the menu. The next time you play, the player will be taken directly to the menu.

I did a compile to test it, and I got an error from Inno (compiler):

If anyone has idea what causes this, please let me know.

- I have most of the main game done, but need to link the myriad of scenes and puzzles together. My goal is to finish it in the next few weeks. *fingers crossed!

[UPDATE] Fixed! Large AVI files caused the issue. I have since removed them from the project and compiled successfully. I will convert the AVI files to mp4.

onward!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:28 pm

I once got I/O Error 123, but somehow, it disappeared. :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Just an update. I work on this project almost daily, but I only have a couple hours at a time to work on it. I will eventually finish it.
:mrgreen:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Yay! 8)

Vengeance66
Administrator