Myha

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Re: Myha

Postby reneuend » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:45 am

I'm here! :)
Sorry, I've been working on other life issues.

Simon. Please let me know if there is any coding I can do...even if you just need a detailed example and instructions to use as a template for the project.
I'm going to work from home tomorrow, your Saturday. So, it will be easier to answer any questions or resolve any issues or puzzles.

I'll get you the details for the beam puzzle ASAP. It's a very simple puzzle. The work will be the animation.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:28 am

Great, thank you reneuend!

I'll be working on Myha tomorrow (saturday), more likely on the graphics only (no coding yet).
In the end of the weekend, I would like to update the ASA template and make it ready to use for Myha. Later, we'll just have to add the panoramas and build the puzzles and diaries. The biggest part to begin with are the ideas & graphics. We have the ideas, I'll do the graphics asap, and then it will be more fun together in AM!

Deki, what's new with the voice? :)
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Simon - Here are the specs for the Beam Puzzle. I will send you details via PM shortly.

I'm building a sample project using sketches (no animation). I think it should be enough. If not let me know. :P

Player goes to the circular room (Frame A).
There is a broken beam on the ground. The wall has an opening, but goes nowhere because there is a wall behind the wall.
The player has a wooden log in their inventory (he/she found the log somewhere else on the island and has carved the ends to fit in the slot).
The player drags the beam to either of the slots on the screen and the beam sits nicely in place.
When the player clicks on the lever, the broken beam is displayed.
The player obtains a fuel line from the rocket. It is sturdy and light and just the right size for the slots. The player drags the fuel line to either of the slots and it sits nicely in place.
When the player clicks on the lever, the outer wall turns revealing an opening!
But, after 1 second, the wall reverses motion back to the original position.
The player clicks on the lever again, and this time when the opening is displayed, clicks on the opening. The player is now in the next room and hears the wall spinning behind him and the opening is closed. There is no way to go back that direction.

Frame A: lever is in the up position
Frame Properties:
If beam = 0 then
-display broken beam
Else
-display beam in place

Hotspot (lever):
Onclick>
If beam = 0 then
If woodenBeam = 1 then
GotoFrame “Z”
Else
GotoFrame “B”
End if
Else
GotoFrame “C”
End If

Frame X: CutScene to A
Frame Properties:
Run Animation
BeamDoorOpen = 0
After animation is finished, GotoFrame “A”

Description:
Animation of Center post turning in the reverse direction to the original position.

Frame Z: CutScene to B
Frame Properties:
Run Animation
BeamDoorOpen = 0
WoodenBeam = 0
After animation is finished, GotoFrame “B”

Description:
Animation of Center post barely turning and finally the beam breaks.

Frame B: Lever is in the down position and beam is broken
Frame Properties:
BeamDoorOpen = 0
Run Animation
After animation is finished, GotoFrame “X”

Description:
Animation of center post turning. Wall does not turn.
After animation has finished
Go to frame with Lever in the up position

Frame C:Lever is in the down position and beam is in place
Frame Properties:
BeamDoorOpen = 1
Run Animation
After animation is finished, GotoFrame “D”

Description:
Animation of center post turning and Wall turning with opening being displayed at the end of the animation.
After animation has finished
Go to frame with Lever in the up position and door open

Frame D:Lever in the up position and door open
Frame Properties:
Timed Event (1 second):
After 1 second, GotoFrame “X”

Hotspot (Doorway):
Onclick>
BeamDoorOpen = 0
GoToFrame <next room>
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Ouaw, that's quite a complete description! Perfect, I'll read this carefully, good job :)
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Simon - Some changes to the script, but I'll do one better.
I created a project with crappy animation...no...I mean really crappy.
Look at the advanced tabs for frame properties, hotspots, and for the 2 item drags on frame "a" to hotspot(1).
I screwed up one of the animations where it should show the beam breaking when you click on the lever with the wooden beam in place.
Please ask questions if you have any.
I know I could have done this more efficiently, but it was more important to make it easier for someone else to follow what was going on.

download the project ----> http://www.hickchickgames.com/downloads/Beam_Puzzle.zip
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:29 pm

That looks really good, Bob.
I should have more time tomorrow (saturday) to work on it. I would like to finish something with Catyph tonight, but what I saw from your explanations about the puzzle made me quite enthusiastic.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Today I worked on the design of the island. I added trees and plants, stairs and buildings and improved some textures. It was longer than expected. I stayed with something quite simple, in order to remind "Myst". Will try to share some screenshots soon.
Then I know exactly where to put the puzzles, I have several possible places (just like on the map posted previously) but I'm still stuck with the ideas. I have not decided yet which puzzle will go where, and in which order the player will have to visit everything. At least, I have understood the beam puzzle, and know what to do with the symbols puzzle of Deki. But that's only 2 puzzles for many more places to fill, and I need more ideas for the rest. I will sleep on it, and I hope that tomorrow morning I will know how to settle everything.
Anyway I've made a lot of progress today with the graphics and I'm satisfied :o I'm not sure I will be able to work on Myha tomorrow, because there are several things to prepare for Christmas too.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Sounds like its time for me to come up with another puzzle.....stay tuned!
Okay...Here is one idea:

Puzzle 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You are out of drinking water. The water surrounding the water is not safe to drink and can't be cleaned.
Here is the puzzle:
Items needed: plastic sheet, knife, bottle, rope, something to use as stakes, hammer.
After getting the items, player must do the following:
1. drag knife to the plastic sheet to cut a hole in the middle of the sheet
2. place the plastic sheet on the ground where there is full sun (beach?)
3. put stakes into the ground at corners of the plastic sheet using a hammer. (drag stakes to the corner of the sheets(hotspots) and then drag hammer to the stakes(hotspots))
4. use rope on corners of the sheet to tie sheet to the stakes
5. put bottle under the sheet where the hole is.
After a period of time, condensation from the sun and air will drip into the bottle.
Player could leave it and go explore the island and then come back to get the full bottle of water.

puzzle 2
Here is a simple one.
You come across a bog on the island and need to cross to get to the other side
Note: you might possibly incorporate something you need for a puzzle on the other side.
(an old wooden chest made with wood slats that can be broken up and used as stakes for puzzle 1 perhaps)

Using the rocket fuel line (used as a beam) in your inventory, you can drop it across the bog, walk to the other side, and then pick up the fuel line again. Also, I would allow using the wooden beam to get across. (the beam that you build and it fails in the beam puzzle).
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Bob, thanks. I like the second one with the rocket fuel!
The first one looks good too, but I would like to limit the use of the inventory to the minimum.

Unfortunately I couldn't work on Myha today, I have been busy with other things. I am afraid that it will be difficult to finish the project for January, particularly since I will be absent between the 21st december and 1st of January. I really hope I will be able to work on it a little this week, and maybe finish to add the puzzles (and 3d model them). However Catyph will keep me busy too and it is more important that I progress on it, so I'm worried for project Myha. That will be difficult. I should probably reduce the project to the strict minimum and make sure that it will be finished, even if it is less ambitious?
I will keep the full week of the Jam (9th-18th January) to work only on Myha, and hopefully that will be enough to release it in time. In the worst case, I will finish Myha peacefully later and will release it even if the Jam is closed.

Deki, any news for the voice acting? I hope that everything is going well for you and your job too.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Guys, I have some troubles at work and my mind is not here right now. I gotta finish till Thursday, so I'll be free for the game. The voice will be recorded this weekend or next week. I got everything I need, no worries. :)

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner...
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Simon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:16 pm

No problem, and best of luck!!! And it is good news for the voice :)
I have finished modeling a puzzle this evening. I should add it on the island tomorrow evening and start a new one. It's slow, but I make progress!
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Again, I've been too busy this week to work on Myha. Sorry guys. I hope you're not too dispointed...
At least I will work on it for sure in January and will do my best to finish it for the Jam before January 18th.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:18 am

It's okay Simon and totally understandable. It will be great even if we don't make it in the Jam.

I've been busy working on my "Gone Squatchin" project, and just finished another puzzle. If you need another puzzle, I could adapt this one to fit the Myha project.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help...probably the best help I can offer is work on any puzzles you have planned.

I hope V66 was able to solve his issues at work.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi guys,

Wow! What a week! I was destroyed from work :D We delivered every seminar material as it should and helped the company with the seminar. Then, at home we had family celebration of St. Nicolas, so we were with guests. Yesterday I sent the diary to my friend, he should be finished soon.

I'll write again soon...

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Nice to hear from you, V66!
At least you ended your week with a celebration with family! :mrgreen:

I'm am off work this week (vacation with 2 paid Holidays for Christmas). What am I doing with it? Working feverishly on an AM game of course! :wink:
I have a renewed love for Hotspot Magic. What a time saver!

Okay...back to working on this game...
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Merry Christmas guys!
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:02 am

A very merry Christmas to all my AM friends! :mrgreen:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:05 am

Merry Christmas :D

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby domozo » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:02 am

Merry Christmas, and happy new year 2016 to every one :)
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:47 pm

My friend who is recording the diary is having some dental issues and informed me that he will record the last part of the diary tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having good time. :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Hello my game builders!

Only 17 days left to deadline of the JAM!

How does Myha go?

I am afraid that my initial project is not going to be possible, but I want to start another game this time more simple (this is a personal challenge). I hope to share some images very soon, I want to know what you think about it :wink:

Cheers!
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby Simon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm back! Christmas break is finished and I should be ready to work on Myha fulltime from now on. Let's hope!

I take this opportunity to wish an happy new year to all of you if I didn't do it by email before. I wish that you will be able to create/finish your AM projects in 2016, and that they will be successful.

deki wrote:My friend who is recording the diary is having some dental issues and informed me that he will record the last part of the diary tomorrow.

Sorry for his dental issues. I hope he will feel better soon. I will probably need the voice records in a few days, but if he cannot record them I will just try to find another way, so don't worry.

Vairon wrote:Only 17 days left to deadline of the JAM!
How does Myha go?

Ah, this is stressful! I didn't work on Myha since the last time (mid-december), and there is so much to do in 12 days now. The project won't be as great as I wanted to, but I will do my best. We have a nice opening movie, so the game has to be cool too.

Vairon wrote:I am afraid that my initial project is not going to be possible, but I want to start another game this time more simple (this is a personal challenge). I hope to share some images very soon, I want to know what you think about it

You want to know? I already know: it will be great :D I can't wait!
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Great news Simon! Go, go, go :D

And thanks for your encouragement ;-)

About my project, you have some info en the "General Chat"...
http://amforums.cloudapp.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6836
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:46 am

Folks. If you haven't seen the game, please download. For building it so quickly, it is truly amazing!

See the entries and you will be impressed at how much an AM built game outdid all 37 other entries.
http://itch.io/jam/myst-jam

Juanjo (LuminyStudios) does have a very rich environment and amazing graphics in his entry, Lborea. (Made with Unity). As a regular forum member and previous AM developer, please support his entry also.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby domozo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:13 pm

reneuend wrote:Folks. If you haven't seen the game, please download. For building it so quickly, it is truly amazing!

See the entries and you will be impressed at how much an AM built game outdid all 37 other entries.
http://itch.io/jam/myst-jam

Juanjo (LuminyStudios) does have a very rich environment and amazing graphics in his entry, Lborea. (Made with Unity). As a regular forum member and previous AM developer, please support his entry also.

Downloading now! amazing, the AM team is sure very skilled, congratulations :)
and welcome back with the forums..
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby domozo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:02 pm

It is amazing!, I am now in a magic panoramic world on that planet in the galaxy...I am excited so much :D
looks awesome..
domozo
Frequent Poster

Previous

Return to New Games Announcements