Delaware St. John Volume 2: The Town With No Name

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Delaware St. John Volume 2: The Town With No Name

Postby Candle » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:03 am

After uncovering the secrets of Midnight Manor, Delaware St. John and partner Kelly Bradford find themselves involved in a new mystery that proves to be darker andmore sinister than the manor.

Anyone pay the demo yet of this game?
http://www.delawarestjohn.com/demo.htm
What do you think of the game and how it was done?
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi Candle,

I tried the demo, it's a first person adventure (which I general I don't like) and is a traditional even nostalgic "The door is locked" game.

The story is very appeling and really gets to you, the music and voices are well done. The graphics are atmospheric but scream low budget.

Some bad points for some cursors and the sound FX too.

I'm already very curious what happend in that town so I'm sure people who like first person mystery games will appriciate it. Nice thing is they have planned 10 volumes but that was already the case in 1999.

The game engine is similar to what was used 10 years ago hence no competor for Fahrenheit or Brokensword 3 :wink:

I would not buy it myself as a commercial product. I would donate if it was freeware.

A nice effort, reasonable priced and has a lot of potential.

Just my two cents :wink:

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:46 am

Hummmm, you don't like first person adventure? most of the games made with AM are that.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby bpurcell » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:36 am

Hey Candle,

I bought the full version of the game. I also played Volume 1 when it came out. I DO like first person point-and-click games. I enjoyed Vol. 1 as a good brief escape. I had issues with the game being so short, but I enjoyed the characters (ghosts) and some of the interesting visuals.

The second volume gives you a little bit of a bigger game, but still feels short, especially for 19.99 pricetag for each volume. Volume 2 works exactly like volume 1 in mechanics (nothing new there). I did enjoy going to the new town, but I was a bit disappointed in the number of areas you couldn't enter. There are TONS of locked doors and gates that are never opened in the game. Also some of the hotspots are way too small and obscure to find without help. Some of the puzzles were pretty good, though. I'd say if you played and enjoyed the first volume, you'll like the second volume. Since I don't like the 19.99 pricetag, I just sold it on ebay when I was done (someone bought it for 15 bucks so it makes it a good deal for me).
bpurcell

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:28 pm

Hi Candle,

Yeah I know... if I'm in a store and should chose between a 3th or a first person game I defenetly would buy the 3th person game.

But that doen't mean I don't have played tons of great first person games. Just check my website...

The thing I like about fan-made adventure games "like the ones created with AM" is the personal touch, the great idea's, the effort people put into them...

So let them come !

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to General Chat