What is your favorite type of character?

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What is the favorite type of character you like to play?

Male
No votes
Female
7%
Super hero
No votes
Average person
14%
Horror/Supernatural (Vampire, Medium etc…)
14%
Associated with the law (Detective, Cop etc...)
7%
Associated with crime (killer for Hire, Thief, Etc…)
7%
Option to create yourself or someone you would like to be. (Create a character feature)
36%
Victim of an event
7%
Other (Post about it)
7%

Total votes : 14

What is your favorite type of character?

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:02 am

What is the favorite type of character you like to play? Pick your top favorite first. I wish you could pick more than one, however you can post about the others you would like to play most.

ZW.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby Bort » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:24 pm

i have to admit that i really enjoy those few adventure games that attempt to follow the plot-line capture the atmosphere of some of the classic books..when it's done well and captures the atmosphere of the original novel then the main character you play really comes to life..
Jules Verne "return to the moon" had me hooked completely because of it's adherance to the time period and foibiles of the original story it was based on..we all know being shot out of a huge cannon in a hollowed out artillerty shell isn't going to be even remotely survivable let alone get you to the moon..but this was part of the story and adventure so there it was in the game...(done with out a trace of modern post ironic smugness as well which is important to note)

yep when it's done well i love the characters from the classics

sadly other games such as Journey to the centre of the earth etc couldn't hack the thought and needed to modernise the whole thing- which renders it allmost entirely pointless...it being a hugely irritating game from start to finish doesn't help!! who did those hotspots..I spent more time looking for and usually not finding the hotspot that allowed me to go from screen to screen than actualy playing the adventure thru..got on my nerves..

heck give me H.G.Wells War of the Worlds..
what an ideal subject for an adventure game...your a journalist, an observer of events more or less, this is a great viewpoint for an adventure game character...you can watch the whole drama unfold as you move thru the game solving the puzzles dilemas etc etc...in a Top Hat and being terribly British about the whole thing..."the Marsians have invaded!!".".oh i say..that's a bit off..." wonderfull :D

failing that how about Mulder and Scully...the entire X-Files series each episode done as an adventure game.....can you imagine the box set it would come in..and if done even half way well it would be stunning
Bort

Return to General Chat