What do you draw Best/Worse~

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What do you draw Best/Worse~

Postby mercedes » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:57 am

I had to start this thread..cause it occured to me..that I suck at drawing beds....I find it hard to make it look like its on level ground..and not the head down by the floor for crying out loud...lol..And for some reason I seem to want to do them on an angle..Same as my rooms..you walk up into my rooms at first..I have to look at a picture of one so that I see...wow that floor is really awkward..So after about a half hour of drawing a box..[bed]..I felt the need to vent a little bit..But I can draw the heck out of a painting/scenery..:P

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby Jaked » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 pm

With greenfish the outdoors are a blast for me. Indoors, however, suck...
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:29 pm

I draw nothing... I just program, that's what I do (best)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm quite good at drawing, but every single time I make even a SMALL mistake, I rip the page up and start again. Eventually I get so frustrated I just give up and end up drawing nothing. So in conclusion, I love drawing, but it annoys me. That is all. :)
Last edited by Chromegloss55 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 am

mercedes,

You need to understand how perspective points and the horizon work.

A quick example would be like the following...

Say you are driving in a car on the road. Between the sky and the road lies the horizon. The road will look this ^ each sides of the road will reach the same point located directly on the horizon. The point is usually where you will look at the farthest.

The same goes with all square shaped objects. Only round objects (Unless it is a cylinder) will not use perspective. Round object will just shrink in size depending on are far they are.

ZW.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:23 am

How does that figure with a square though..I guess its because im doing it in paint for the most part..If i follow a tut or apicture..I can do it..but not without..I get thrown off..especially with sidelines..like from the left..say I'm making a wall..I start from low left and go up..before you know it..my room is really short..LOL..and never a ceiling..Its hard to draw 3d in a 2d ap..takes some messing around..let me tell ya..Well it does for me..I am better now..for the most part..but still have to peek..:P

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby ZeornWarlock » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:00 am

You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Return to General Chat