Welcome to New Members: Introduce Yourself

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 am

Welcome AlphaWolf. Be sure to post your game when finished! If you get stuck, just post a message out here and I'm sure someone can help.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Welcome to New Members: Introduce Yourself

Postby skype6 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum and I would like first to say , after a long research, the AM is a great program! I hope that this community will survive and the program too. I easily find my way into it, very user friendly and I hope to show you soon some work. I have been in 3D art and animation for some time and this is my first attempt at making a game :)
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Welcome Skype6!

It's great to have a new member. Another member with 3D art? Wow! I'm still stuck at 2D. It will be fun to see what you come up with. Remember to post any questions you might have. There is no need to struggle too much. Some struggling is good because you actually find out what works and what doesn't.

Suggestions:
Make projects small at first to test what you can create and how to create it.
Do you do any programming? If so, save any common procedures to your own text file. This way when you start a new project you can pull from this text file and not rewrite or fumble around looking for the code.
Create a project called, "Test". Use this any time you are in a project and you aren't sure if you can do something. Use the test project to test it out. This has a double benefit. First, you will not muck up the project you are working on, and second; you can use the "Test" project to refer to in the future.
Download and save a copy of the AM VB Script commands and other documentation from here:
Be sure to print out any documentation for quick reference.
After awhile, read up on plugins in the plugins forum. KeyGuard is definitely the most popular. Try one to get familiar with how they work. You will quickly love them.

Last, Please be an active member! :)

Oh! I plan on working with a couple other long time members to put together a contest in the Spring. From the start date, people will have approx. 4 months to build a game. One of the prizes will be a copy of Adventure Maker (I'll have to contact GM (the AM owner) and reconfirm that this is still okay).
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby skype6 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks for the reply!
I know a little about programming but my friend knows something, so we'll see ... I'm more skilled in 3D. I'll see to post some of my work here. I'm currently working on my website for portfolio. Thanks for your advice too, and look forward to the competition that would be just great :D
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby janhoman » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello everybody,

I am Jan from The Netherlands. I have discovered my new passion, which is creating computer games. I am no programmer and no visual artist, so I have to improvise a lot.

I hope to learn much here on the forum and to meet nice people who are Creators too.

I hope to meet you.

Kind regards from Jan (JH)
janhoman

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Welcome to the AM forums. So glad to have you here.

There are great people here that will surely help you in your game making.

:)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi Jan,

Welcome aboard!

I'm Bob (reneuend) from the United States. I live near the beautiful Ohio river near Cincinnati, Ohio. I have a programming background, and my biggest challenge is drawing. It takes me a long time to draw the characters and scenes, but I love building adventure games. It's a step up from writing a story.

I have 2 games that I'm currently building. They are taking a long time to finish mainly because of outside distractions like work and family! :P I hope to share one of them by the end of this year.

You can count on friendly help from this forum! :)

Some tips if you haven't used Adventure Maker yet.

1. Review the example game that comes with the package, "First Person without Scripting".
----a. run the game
----b. examine the frames to see how it was built.
2. Read the tutorials at: http://adventuremaker.com/help/contents.htm
----a. Get to know the terms used with building adventure games
3. Build a very simple game using only 1 or 2 frames
4. Create a "Test" game and use it to test various ideas (be sure to name your frames for your tests so you can easily find them again)
5. Tip: I also have a frame called, "Notes". I use this to put in text information to track what I've done and what is next to do. Use "right-click" on the frame to add text"
6. If you can't figure out how to do something, get frustrated, think its not possible, please post to the forums. We like to be challenged and we love to help!

Stay in touch!!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Previous

Return to General Chat