Some STRANGE MEMBER HISTORY (Anyone join in)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Some STRANGE MEMBER HISTORY (Anyone join in)

Postby Jaked » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:37 am

I'll just put mine in, because most forgot.

I was originally Andy, who only posted seven times before his password was lost somewhere around May 2008. I eventually made another account around July 2008. After that I've made over 150 posts, became one of the only members of the month, and still haven'r released a game!

Anybody else can join in if your Member history was 0-0. (People should know 0-0 means staring at something like it has spaghetti on its chin, except in this case in a good way!)
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Hmm Nothing exciting over here... I just dived in the big world of game development like 3-4 years ago and I 've been experimenting with AM since then, I became a member of these forums on 17 February 2007, just to look around and after some months I just couldn't stop hitting F5 to renew the page for any new posts.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:48 pm

Started on this forum just over a year ago, no old names, and I remember Andy (you). The one who sits on his butt. Oh yes. Anyways, started game dev when I was 9. I really don't make adventure games, I like to make MMORPGS.lol
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby MRM2811 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:31 pm

I was McWISE, Until that fateful event of losing a computer and all my passwords and such.

In online gaming I have had to many accounts to remember, I even had a pseudo name when I was a short story writer and I know your all gonna laugh at this... I even laugh these days.

Max Lore..... Hehehe
Just PM me three things, a location, a time period and a item.

I will send you back a story line.
MRM2811
Frequent Poster

Postby pennsteve » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Just replying to the one who lost all the passwords.....I've found it wise to get a yahoo email address and send yourself a letter with all of your passwords. Then if your computer goes down and must be replaced, you will still have all of your passwords safely tucked away.

Doesnt have to be yahoo. It can be google or msn or whatever.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I first got into the idea of developing games while playing an old and dying MMORPG by the name of Castle Infinity. The original owners of the game had thrown out the baby with the bath when profits dipped- servers and all. One very devoted fan went dumpster diving for the servers and obtained the rights to run Castle Infinity in a non-profit manner, just for people to enjoy. A few years later, I discovered it, got hooked, and eventually asked if I could help restore it. I even had a new level thought out for it. Unfortunately, the fanbase was waning away, and one day while a certain member was upgrading the game files, the player database became corrupt beyond repair.

Eventually, I got into Google SketchUp and realistic rendering, and I began to wonder if you could make a game in the style of Myst for free. And I ended up here. :D
Last edited by Zenoc2 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:33 pm

I originally joined these forums 5 years ago under another name, I can't remember exactly what, and only posted a few times...

In November 2007, I decided to return but couldn't really post all that often due to my rubbish internet. I relyed on internet cafes all the time but was still able to contribute. In August 2008 I finally got my internet sorted and so I became more active, then last December I had to stop coming here as often because I was quite busy. Unfortunately, that'll be the case for a while.

So yep, that's it. Nothing interesting, nothing entertaining, I just basically joined here a year ago.
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:48 pm

I wouldn't say its strange how I started here.

Back in the '80s I was developing games with a product called, "Talespin" on an Atari ST. I loved building games for everyone else to use.

I started looking around for something like "Talespin" when I found AM.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Candle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:21 pm

One day I coded a web browser for kids.
But i like to watch TV stream on my PC but most were to much money or just plain ripped you off.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to General Chat