I Am Releasing the Remakes of my Old Books

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I Am Releasing the Remakes of my Old Books

Postby Jaked » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:42 pm

I will be using the surname of Jason Kainedson. Here are the original covers of two of my classics: one is Murder in the Spotlight, the other is my first: The Sleepmurders. Other books were: A Dose Of Death (death in a middle school), and the Jingle Bell Killer (who would kill on this most joyous time of the year?) among others.
Attachments
Covers.JPG
The Sleepmurders and Murder in the Spotlight
Covers.JPG (67.81 KiB) Viewed 11569 times
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:11 pm

ok...
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:02 pm

You might want to simply remove your real name, Mr. "Kainedson". You can see right through the slash marks. Other than that, sounds cool! Of course, if you need any help with graphics design, I'm here.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Zenoc2 wrote:You might want to simply remove your real name, Mr. "Kainedson". You can see right through the slash marks. Other than that, sounds cool! Of course, if you need any help with graphics design, I'm here.
My name is not Kainedson, as you believe. And after I've finished Death's Shadow (not going to be released for the contest), I'm making The Sleepmurders a game.
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:36 pm

... I know that. You said you were using "Jason Kainedson" as a surname. :? Maybe you should re-read your first post.

Anyway, right now I'm rendering my version of the cover art for "Murder in the Spotlight". I'll post it when it's done and see if you like it.
Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:45 pm

I think what he's trying to say..is that...he wants users to "believe" it is..but its not.....;)

Peace..

At least thats what it sounds like...:P
mercedes
VIP

Postby Jaked » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Good... I'm also posting the original text adventure (three months before I found AM I used Quest.)
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:14 am

Ok, here's the first cover. Tell me what you think!

I would do "The Sleepmurderers!" cover, but I don't really know what the original picture shows.
Attachments
20081227225538_1m9s.jpg
20081227225538_1m9s.jpg (40.7 KiB) Viewed 11491 times

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:37 am

Nice...I like that...Well done..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:16 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Excellent!
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby pennsteve » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Or you could move back from the stage a bit as if you are viewing from the seats. Have a dead body laying on the stage with the spotlight hitting just on the other side of the body from your point of view, putting the body in shadow so all you see is a sillouette (sp) of the body.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:38 pm

Organic shapes (like bodies) are a little hard to do in SketchUp, but that's a neat idea.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:07 pm

I... oh my... good job! I needed to finish chapter five of murder in the spotlight.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:55 pm

No problem. I'll send you a better version if you want- jpg's just don't do high quality very well. If you tell me what the cover for "The Sleepmurderers" is supposed to show, I'll do that one too.

Also, is the circle on the rope really supposed to show an "M"? If so, why?

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Zenoc2 wrote:No problem. I'll send you a better version if you want- jpg's just don't do high quality very well. If you tell me what the cover for "The Sleepmurderers" is supposed to show, I'll do that one too.

Also, is the circle on the rope really supposed to show an "M"? If so, why?

A. The lighting is okay, but it was never meant to be nothing but a rope and a spotlight. Make it more lighted, but still at that eerie level.
B. Pennsteve is okay, but, just have a suspicious man in a catwalk behind the spotlight.
C. No, the 2D cover doesn't have an M. I just goofed.
D. The Sleepmurders, huh? It's supposed to show a keyhole and you can see a dead body behind the keyhole. (Although on the original cover, you see someone with a badly drawn knife.)
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 pm

I thought the M stands for Murder (murder under the spotlight? Like a metaphor)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:10 pm

metaphor (n.)- a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity

:?

I don't think so.

In other news, the cover of "Murder in the Spotlight" is being improved, and the one for "The Sleepmurderers!" is on the way.

EDIT: Ok, here's the rough copy for "The Sleepmurderers!". I fixed the original spelling of the title, and removed the exclamation point- usually you don't put them in a title unless it's something one of the characters says.

Things I'll definitely fix in the next one: blur, title size, possibly lighting.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh dear. I seem to have taken over this topic. Please do tell us when you're finished with the re-releases of your books- I'll keep on posting these if you want me to.
Attachments
the sleepmurderers rough.JPG
the sleepmurderers rough.JPG (45.96 KiB) Viewed 11396 times

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Zenoc2 wrote:metaphor (n.)- a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity

:?

I don't think so.

In other news, the cover of "Murder in the Spotlight" is being improved, and the one for "The Sleepmurderers!" is on the way.

EDIT: Ok, here's the rough copy for "The Sleepmurderers!". I fixed the original spelling of the title, and removed the exclamation point- usually you don't put them in a title unless it's something one of the characters says.

Things I'll definitely fix in the next one: blur, title size, possibly lighting.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh dear. I seem to have taken over this topic. Please do tell us when you're finished with the re-releases of your books- I'll keep on posting these if you want me to.

Oh my... here's the original cover to my other book. It shows a school (yes, that's the Italian flag, but I'm not from Italy). And there's a school, and if you look in the window, there's a silhouette of someone with a knife.
Attachments
FRONT.JPG
FRONT.JPG (36.53 KiB) Viewed 11389 times
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:18 pm

I'll do this one too, but do you have any books that aren't murder mysteries?

This one will be a little more difficult, because of the flag. I haven't tried anything with fabric yet. Wish me luck!

My, you do have quite a few surnames. Kainedson, Anderson, and now Burlap. :P

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:15 pm

Good luck then... this artwork is great
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:35 am

Question about the spelling of the last two titles: do you mean "murderers", as in the people that committed the murder, or do you mean "murders" as in multiple killings?

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:54 am

Zenoc2 wrote:Question about the spelling of the last two titles: do you mean "murderers", as in the people that committed the murder, or do you mean "murders" as in multiple killings?

Burlap was my first... keep it at Kainedson. And yes, one was a person that stole plane parts.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:20 am

That doesn't really answer the question you quoted... at all. :? :)

I'll keep using the name Kainedson.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:25 am

Zenoc2 wrote:That doesn't really answer the question you quoted... at all. :? :)

I'll keep using the name Kainedson.

OOPS :P, wrong quote, it was really supposed to be...

I'll do this one too, but do you have any books that aren't murder mysteries?

This one will be a little more difficult, because of the flag. I haven't tried anything with fabric yet. Wish me luck!

My, you do have quite a few surnames. Kainedson, Anderson, and now Burlap.

Anyways, I would have to PM or E-Mail an original cover design, because...

Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:49 am

:mrgreen: That one happens to me whenever I try to post a png file. Apparently this forum doesn't support them. Make sure you're posting a jpg.

So, what do you say on the matter of spelling? Answer in the next message, if possible, or I'll have to start sending PM's instead.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:06 pm

Now rendering the final cover for Murder in the Spotlight. This is going to look great.

Now, about the one with the school on the cover. Is this the one that you were calling "A Dose of Death" in your first post, or are you keeping the title that's on the original cover? I need to know what title to put on it.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:26 pm

Zenoc2 wrote:Now rendering the final cover for Murder in the Spotlight. This is going to look great.

Now, about the one with the school on the cover. Is this the one that you were calling "A Dose of Death" in your first post, or are you keeping the title that's on the original cover? I need to know what title to put on it.

Yeah, I did three titles with the same plot because I couldn't decide, but keep it at A Dose of Death :P
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:56 am

Jaked wrote:
Zenoc2 wrote:Now rendering the final cover for Murder in the Spotlight. This is going to look great.

Yeah, I did three titles with the same plot because I couldn't decide, but keep it at A Dose of Death :P

You know you don't have to quote the person before you every time, right? :P

I decided that even though I could probably submit the cover for murder in the spotlight now, I want it to be better. I might get it in tomorrow, but I'll more likely have "A Dose of Death" done sooner.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Jaked » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Well, I am finally finished with chapter 22 of Murder of the Spotlight, and still awaiting A Dose of Death
Jaked
Code Master

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 pm

publish them for gosh sake...
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat