Congrats Obama

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Congrats Obama

Postby chickens1127 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Most here are not from the US, but I think everybody in the world can realize that this is a big step the day after Martin Luther King day. Even though I am a s conservative Republican, may god bless Obama and his family for becoming the first African-American president and just generally becoming president.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Very well put. I don't totally agree with our new president either, but I'll still be happy for him, and pray for him.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:51 pm

Yes I'm not American..but I am Happy for Obama..:D Loved the inauguration..First time theyre was ever laughter during one..~ Gotta love that..:D
mercedes
VIP

Not

Postby Harvester » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Nor am I from the US, but during the elections I favoured him, so congrats to him :)
By the way, as sort of a funny fact here in Hungary, Barack is the Hungarian word for peach (in different pronounciation of course than the English one of his name), and the governement planned to send him a gift made of different Hungarian specialities made of peach as fun, but they decided not to because the security might not let it through in the US...

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Jaked » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:12 pm

I disagree with Obama on a couple of things, but he seems like a very great president so far and the inauguration was fantastic!
My sig changes more often than Doctor Who (see your national BBC channel) regenarates into new melancholy actors. Oh look, Matt Smith! Gerard Butler! Colin Mochrie! That wolf from Twilight: New Moon!
Jaked
Code Master

Postby Chromegloss55 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 am

I'm also glad Obama was elected.

I remember the smear campaign the hideous FOX "news" had against him. Disgraceful. :evil:

Anyway...

Though I expect no miracles from him, hopefully he can steer America back on the path towards respectability. If he can manage that, then he's achieved a lot...

America's reputation was really damaged by Bush's agressive foreign policy and his general... well... ignorance shall we say. At least America has a president that seems to have at least a modicum of intelligence.

Hopefully he'll act as a positive role model for all American people as well as people all over the world. :wink:

Also, at least the evil Republicans are out for a while... :lol:
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Zenoc2 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:27 am

Oh, please don't start that up. We're party neutral here. Besides, I generally side with the republicans (although they're all politicians, both parties- not to be trusted) and I'm certainly not evil.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:13 pm

LOL, Obama had to re-do swearing in yesterday cuase they messed up in the beginning of the swearing in on tthe 20th
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Zenoc2 wrote:Oh, please don't start that up. We're party neutral here. Besides, I generally side with the republicans (although they're all politicians, both parties- not to be trusted) and I'm certainly not evil.

I didn't say you were evil. :?

Anyway, I disagree with the America's system of basically having two gigantic parties which are virtually identical and flipping between them every couple of years.

Then again, looking at some of the European governments, they can be just as bad at times. In the UK, they switch between a now horrible Labour government and an even worse Conservative government. In Ireland the situation is the same, they switch between a horrible Fianna Fail government made up of money-grabbing corrupt men and and the conservative Fine Gael party.

Anyway, I'm glad Obama is now elected and the Republicans are out. Because the hard truth is, Bush and his group of advisors were driving America towards becoming a semi-fascist state. Sounds bad, but it's true. You don't even have to think about it for long...

Extreme nationalism, semi-totalitarianism, media controlled or influenced strongly by the government, very militarised... all elements of fascism.

America was going completely the wrong direction.

I hope Obama can help turn it around. It's up to all Americans now, to follow his words. The time for cynicism was during the reign of Bush, it's now time for action. :wink:

Anyway, that post was slightly off-topic, I'll just re-affirm what I said earlier:

Well done Obama... may you serve the people of America well. :)
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby cpkspikyhair » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 pm

The last thing George Washington said before he died was not to split into political parties.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 pm

cpkspikyhair wrote:The last thing George Washington said before he died was not to split into political parties.

Hmmm... I get his logic, but the problem is, with no parties, very quickly a small group of corrupt people get all the power, and nobody can change it.

In many African nations such as Zimbabwe and Uganda this has happened and it has absolutely ruined the counties.
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am

Chromegloss55 wrote:Anyway, I disagree with the America's system of basically having two gigantic parties which are virtually identical and flipping between them every couple of years.

Same over here in Greece, for years there have only been two parties taking power from each other from time to time.. They are supposed to be different but they 're all the same :S
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:03 pm

In the words of Winston Churchill:

Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those others that have been tried.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Ron_Emad2 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 pm

i from iranian people congrate obama
we love american people and american country
but we dont love war and ...
Hello
I from iran
i cant speak english correctly
please forgive me
Ron_Emad2

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 am

...And neither do we Americans, Ron. Let's hope Obama holds up on his promise to get our troops back in the US, where they belong.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Return to General Chat