The Thingy (this could get a little crazy)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby Zenoc2 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Wow. It seems we all have access to high-tech gadgets and our own spy organizations. I don't have either (except for that little spider-bot) but I do have a linking book to Lyberodoggy's base. I take the Dhingy and leave another book in its place. Thinking it's a linking book back to my place, Lyberodoggy uses it, only to find that it's a trap book. For those who haven't played Myst, the only way to get out of one of these things is to have someone link in after you, getting you out and trapping that person. I take the Dhingy back to my place and turn it back into the Thingy (don't know how anyone managed to carry a Dhingy around) and put it in a safe. I then put that safe into a bigger safe. Now it's really safe!
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Alone in this trap world I think of how I will take my revenge... Meanwhile in my headquarters there's a fight going on because the organisation is 'voting' for a new leader...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:24 pm

This thread is alot of fun..:D

On another note...

Thank You.. I"ll take that vote! I am now your new leader--8)
My Secret Identity name--I WhinesAlot. My First Mission--'Zenoc's Place'--[Which i really like the sound of..:D]
Zenoc's Place wasn't easy to find, However, I do find it-- and this so called "Safe"...pfft..--Might as well have been a piece of cheese for all the time it took me to crack it !... Amateurs..8)--I now have The Thingy
I'ts safely tucked away aboard my private jet..which is invisible to the naked eye...
mercedes
VIP

Postby Kat12 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:33 pm

I'd just walked through my front door after a long flight home in a private jet, when I was paged by the Animal Advocacy Group I work for. The Easter bunny had arrived and was traumatized to the point that he thought he might start drinking again.
Concerned, I called his sponsor, the Tooth Fairy, and she called the head of the Magical Creatures AA (MCAA)...who is none other than the Sand Man. The bunny told his story of woe and the Tooth Fairy and the Sand Man were appalled.
The Sand Man puts Zenoc to sleep while the Tooth Fairy waves her magic wand to open the safe.
When Zenoc awakens, he is surprised to find that the thingy has been replaced by a shiny, sparkly Twoonie ;-0.
Meanwhile, the Sand Man and the Tooth Fairy bring the thingy to the Land of Nod, where they hide it in the twighlight dreams of mankind.

:wink:

Oops; sorry Mercedes; that wasn't the thingy you stole; it was the twoonie...aka $2.00 Canadian (about 1.25 US, lol). ;-0
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:52 pm

While sitting aboard my jet..wanting to take another look at my find....I see it now....Sand!
Drats! Twoonie in-deed.. :x Time to turn the jet around..off to the Land of Nod -- Twilight dreams of mankind.

I see your Land Of NoD! Agent Kat12--[which by the way is another really cool name :D]..and I raise you..a ~Nightmare~ You hear my evil laugh/whine.. as my jet takes off into the dead of invisible night..~ The Thingy close at hand...

:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
laughs at your posts...

Somewhere else, I am tired - exhausted from wandering around the endless abyss of the trap world. I sit down, waiting for the end to come, when I hear a voice
-Are you sure we 're in the right world?
-Pretty sure.
-But, shouldn't we be at the beach by now?
-You 're right! I should have turned right back in the intersection.

Without further consideration, I take the leap and get out of the portal, before it closes again, trapping Duffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.

Now, I 'm heading back to my headquarters to get things operational again.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 pm

I blow up Doggy's headquarters, and blow up Kat's airplane. I get the Thingy, give Mercedes a fake thngy and then I take the thingy and point a nuke right at the thingy and blow it up.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby mercedes » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:31 am

Ahh yes...I see you have met my clone~Mercedes~ Yes she makes a useful decoy..However, she didn't have the Thingy--I did!--IWhinesAlot ;) I was in the back of my jet taking a long overdue nap--Woke up to screaming!--what you blew up was mercedes Travel Scrabble..She's pretty upset!---She whines alot too..--She has nothing for the plane ride now.:x
I now know some are onto my whereabouts..I had better make haste..
mercedes
VIP

Postby saturn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:13 am

(let's see if i got the meaning of the game, if not just ignore my post :) )

As mercedes hastes she falls and drops the thingy.it lands on my hands and her clone stops whining and chases me to my home in a galaxy far, far away. there i capture the clone and make her suffer by forcing her to watch Scrabbles expoding into pieces. I hide the thingy in the best place in the world, right in the middle of the crowd and as an assassin i hide and lurke in the shadows waiting for the one who will try to get it from me. i activated my defence sytems too. :)
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby reneuend » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:05 am

(you've got it right..and pretty good too)

Mercedes whining is heard from far away. My organization picked up the signal and traced it to Saturn's location. Mercedes is in the crowd looking for the thingy. Again, in her haste she trips over a switch that deactivates your defense system. Earlier, my team of engineers had built a Super Hypnotizing Utra Telepathic Universal Polarizer (SHUTUP). We quickly use it on you and you are temporarily demobolized. You fall over like a stiff board. Quickly, one of my agents grabs the thingy and runs off. He was smart enough to wear hearing protection as Mercedes whines loudly as she sees him run away.

My engineers have cleverly reduced the thingy to the size of a germ and have stored it in a dirty jar on a shelf with thousands of other dirty jars in one of our warehouses.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:30 am

Lucky for me! one of your engineers..is working for my organization. He points me to the right direction..:D
Only him not seeing where, exactly, the Thingy was put, will make it difficult.. and, lets face it..we're looking for something the size of a germ--in a dirty jar :x
But ! my being a woman will come in handy [I can spot something clean in a pile of dirt.. from a mile away]
I'm now in the warehouse and I'm free to move around...
You didn't keep it guarded! You fool! ...there are alot of jars though..this won't be easy..
After my endless hours of walking around this warehouse.--not to mention i'm pretty stiff--from being zapped.. :x
And so there it is...:D Before me..the one jar that has clean finger prints on it!..All other jars haven't' been touched for years!
I take the jar with the Thingy.., just as i'm taking it ..a team shows up..I'm forced to hide amongst dirty jars!..With all of my years of training.. Nothing prepares you for this..! This won't be easy for me not to whine..
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:42 am

( :lol: :lol: Wow! You're a good writer )

That team coming into the warehouse are my agents. They found the rogue engineer, interrogated him mercilessly and found out what you were up to.

It wasn't hard for the team to find you. You were nearly passing out from trying not to whine, but to no avail. The whine that came from you shattered several shelves of jars and poor Henry (agent 14) is going to need a hearing aid now. We figured you punished yourself enough and send you on your way. My agents are now carefully picking up the broken pieces and putting them in a box. We have no idea which piece has the germ on it. This is going to take a long time! When Lucy (agent 45) sneezed, it was then we decided that all personnel with colds or allergies would be assigned to other projects. Now we have to sort through all the germs. Yuk! :(
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby saturn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:54 pm

The germ is found and safely stored by one of the agents. Me. You could have known but your eyes were closed shut by the feeling of power you thought you had. Now i'm running on the terace of your headquarters "Mirror's Edge" style avoiding your guards. I manage to jump and grab the helicopter that came to collect me and the precious thingy.
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby chickens1127 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:01 pm

But, I take my armada of Stealths and blow up your helicopter. But, instead of picking up the thingy, I leave it sitting in the middle of the road and fly away. :D :D
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Zenoc2 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Aw, again with the agents and the gadgets and the... augh! I think I'm going to throw a wrench into things here with something silly. Just before the Thingy is run over, I dive across the road and rescue it. I take it to some random lab, turn it back to its original form, and then bury it in my garden, where it grows into a rather ugly flower.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:43 pm

I was going to say that the Thingy went to seed and that several more Thingies sprouted, but that could get crazy! :lol:

Unfortunately, your gardener didn't know the Thingy was any more then a weed. He pulls it up by it's roots and tosses it in a bucket full of weeds and other yard waste.

Later, he puts in on a huge pile of yard waste, douses it with kerosene and sets it on fire. Everything burns but the Thingy which is impervious to fire.

In the evening, a rabbit comes along and consumes the Thingy thinking it was a tasty treat. It hops back to it's hole in the woods.

Fortunately, one of my agents, Ben, was on vacation and hunting in the same woods. By chance, he shoots the rabbit and takes it home for dinner. What he finds after "preparing" it, is the Thingy inside the rabbit's stomach in it's original form.

He calls headquarters and his vacation is cut short. I fly him back in my private helicopter ( we're on a budget crunch), and the Thingy is engineered into a periwinkle-colored paint. My office is painted with it now!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby saturn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 pm

When you go to your office in the morning you realise that the walls are scratched all over. The paint is gone for good, all you see is a note saying "a knife, a jar, a night :) " I have the thingy now. Catch me if you can :wink:
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby mercedes » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:23 am

From out of nowhere..I come up behind you and tazer you from behind. Grab the thingy and run- pouncing onto my waiting hellicopter..I pounce into my seat and start to take off..However, the tazer only stunned you, you're in pursuit. You're now hanging by the rails! We're in mid flight, I leave the cockpit- I must get rid of you..You start to fall to your demise..but I feel generous, and throw you a parachute..Arrogantly I stand there with fists on my hips.However, my arrogance is short lived. Noone is flying the hellicopter! I run and pounce back into my seat..I'm now flying...I have the Thingy.
I begin to gaze over the great beautiful massive body of water under me..Praying i get to the other side. I think of the billions I will get for the Thingy...maybe a ~Nobel prize...Do they give a nobel prize for greatest rescue mission..."oh thank you..I..so, so unexpected..I..' Hmm I must hide the Thingy!
I begin to search for my pen..when suddenly the turbulence is great..it begins to toss me from one end of my cockpit to the other! Drats! Writing my speech will have to wait!
I gaze at the gauges before me..My fuel! That's not turbulence! Dame fortune has been with me so far..How could i be running out of gas! I begin to look at my surroundings..gazing at the open hole.. remembering Saturn's look of triumph..He must have shot my gastank! Fool i was to throw him the only parachute!
Something is bright off in the distance..really bright...could it be!..The Lost city of Altantis... How will I ever be found here!....My speech for Nobel Prize slowly slipping from my grasp...
Last edited by mercedes on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Zenoc2 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:57 am

:shock: Ma'am, I do believe you meant "cockpit" back there. The phrase you used isn't quite "PG", at least in the USA. :wink:

Oh my. The Thingy is a bunch of paint shavings in a jar, which is in the clutches of a whiny helicopter pilot. What would a 3rd rate secret agent do at a time like this? :?

Nothing, actually. Thankfully, that Thingy-flower did go out to seed. :) I plant a few near each of your houses. Now you all have ugly Thingy-flowers growing in your yards! Hey, I'm all for craziness here! :D

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wrote it pretty fast..--I've since edited..:P
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:54 am

The value of the Thingy has plummeted because Thingies are popping up like dandelions. In order for our organization to continue to get funding, we need a reason to exist. The Thingy was our ace in the hole. :(

Now that it's value is diminishing, our future is bleak. We've had to lay off Agents 12, 34, 45, 47, 52, 54, 67, 78, 79, 89, 92, 94, 95, 99, and 101. The company helicopter has been repossessed. I'm now flying in an Ultra-light :cry:

Our engineers have developed a chemical compound that acts as a weed killer on Thingies. It will kill all Thingies except the original as the original Thingy has extra DNA that is not passed on and provides protection to itself.

We have killed off our Thingies and have sent the formula to all other organizations in hopes that they will see the sanity in killing off the rogue Thingies, so we can all go back to chasing each other around the universe! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby saturn » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:48 am

A bullet for mercedes' fuel tank was something usual. But an untraceable GPS device on the jar containing the thingy scratches was good. Mercedes is falling with the thingy and only i know where she is. All i have to do is wait. Then i'll go and get the thingy no matter what i'll have to do to.
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:43 am

What runs the world? Money! And we 've got lots of it.

Being a zillionare greek man, I 've invested lots in research on ancient greek myths (I still remember that fiasko with the ancient power up, hercules must have sipped). One of my investments finally came out worthy! Not only have we found the lost atlantis, that Plato mentioned two thousand years ago, but we 've also found the Thingy. Mercedes can't do anything but watch as we take over her double findings. However, feeling a strong Aura of generosity and the need to share, I decide to make Mercedes my partner in bussiness and leader of the Omega Squad.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Ahaha! You have all ran with the FAKE thingy! I had the real one. :O

Suckers.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby saturn » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Too bad that i created a device that emmits electromagnetic pulses that will make all the thingies eat themselves inside-out until there is nothing left. If I can't have it, no one will have it! MUHAHAHA!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:06 pm

erm....

you don't know where it is.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby Nyrunia » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Since you just so happened to hide the Thingy right next door to me,
I beg for 5 hours straight to see the Thingy . Finally when I get into room where the Thingy is hiden, I grab it and make a run for it.
I'm making a major life decision right now... ok, I'M BORED!
Nyrunia

Postby chickens1127 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:25 pm

But you trip and I pick it up again and put on Kevlar (bullet proof)
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby saturn » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:46 pm

chickens1127 wrote:erm....

you don't know where it is.

I don't have to...

anyway, go on, i'll intervene later...
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby mercedes » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:21 pm

I've been given a big responsibility. Leader of the Omega Squad. My partners, troops are counting on me. Time for my mission. I must plan carefully!..My first thought in mind..The Thingy. Where was it last!..there are so many replicas! I will go to Reneuends, he soon will have The Thingy I know it!
I must be careful..Drats! I've been caught and mercilessly questioned for hours by Reneuend and his organization! Finally, they let me go..I'm not taken serious. What Fools!.. As I walk away from their camp..I stop, taking one look back..I must spy on them, knowing The thingy will soon be within their grasp. I'll then take it and bring it back the Omega's lab.

First I must find a place to dwell to begin planning..After hours of walking, following the compass they so foolishly gave me...For there ahead, a large tree with a stand in it, up high! Noone will see me there!

How will I get up this tree..Time to rummage through the supplies they gave me.--dutifully noting the pack, went nicely with my boots.Within my pack..a rope, energy bars..That's it the rope! I'll tie it to my pack and throw it up the tree, then grabbing the rope, pulling myself up! All my years of training are beginning to pay off.

I tie my pack with the rope and skillfully throw it up the tree landing perfectly within the stand. Now i must grab the rope--The rope being out of my reach! Climbing the tree is proving to be quiet difficult. I really should have thought this through.

I begin to walk the circumference of the tree..Aha..My skills have found me once again! For there before me, is a make shift ladder..I climb the tree..Once within the stand i note how perfectly my pack has landed. Right where i would need it!

Time to plan. I take out the blanket and decide to eat an energy bar....Fools.. the lot of them, else i would have starved! I lay comfortably within my stand. I've been on this mission for days..Not remembering the last time i had a nap..Mayhap i just close my eyes for a moment..Suddenly voices! I hear of them speaking of the Thingy! My last thought before drifting off..I have them right where I want them..
Last edited by mercedes on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat