The Thingy (this could get a little crazy)

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Thingy (this could get a little crazy)

Postby Zenoc2 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:30 pm

To stir up some more activity around here, I'm introducing one of my favorite forum games in the world. In "Thingy" topics, the objective is to get the Thingy from other forum members by posting. Try to make your methods of getting it for yourself as creative as possible. So, without further ado...

I have the Thingy. I take it and slingshot it to my secret base on mars.
"What you want is irrelevant. What you have chosen is at hand." -Captain Spock

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:08 pm

You have a traitor at your base that was easily paid off by one of my agents, agent 99. 8)

He has delivered the thingy to us and we have it stored in a cave under Jupiter's storm using our highly sophisticated robotic space craft. :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 pm

:lol: reneuend --you crazy...I've never heard of this..I laugh each time i read yours...I so picture that being said fast ...and thought of fast.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Your technology is nothing compared to the atlantean tech exploited by the ship located in the secret location (you know where) so we manage to destroy Jupiter w/o harming the Thingy. The recon team recollected the Thingy and hid it in sector Foxtrot.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Suckers, Doggy was working for me and I collect it after giving Doggy a 15k bonus. :D I take the Thingy and throw it into a volcano located in N.E. Canada.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby reneuend » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 pm

mercedes wrote::lol: reneuend --you crazy...I've never heard of this..I laugh each time i read yours...I so picture that being said fast ...and thought of fast.

You're right on both accounts! :wink:
I am crazy and I did it during a teleconference meeting! :)

Hey Zenoc2! Can I jump in at any time or is it customary to wait or is this a one time shot?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:33 am

As long as you don't double post (or turn it into a tug-of-war between two people) you're fine.

While I'm at it, let me lay down a couple other rules:

1. Don't bother saying no one can take the Thingy from you- they will anyway.
2. Avoid taking the thingy to other topics in the forums. We don't want to get yelled at.

Other than that, pretty much anything goes. Now, if you'll excuse me, that was NOT a volcano in N.E. Canada- it was in fact the volcano on Ahnotahm, my own personal Age. Since it's been dormant for a couple hundred years, I grab it out and take it to Myst.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby 3dgamer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:57 am

However, the thingy is not secured properly in a safe place when you arrive at the MYST Island, Zenoc, so both Sirrus and Achenar find it at the same time and begin to fight over the shiny object. Seeing their commotion from a distance, I walk up to them, whisper that their father is coming, and see them run off in opposite directions, with arms flailing in the air and screams that could break even a soprano's heart. Now alone, I pick up the thingy, walk over to the library and place it in one of the secret MYST books on a shelf near the fireplace.
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I must admit that at first I didn't know what I was doing... I just wandered around on the island. Then, when I got to the library I started pushing and pulling books in order to find any hidden passage. Then it happened: one book fell off the self, hit me right in the head and opened. The thingy was there... I ran off, leaving Myst and heading for some hideout back in earth, hoping that none would search there.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Ahhh! but misfortune has followed you, Lyberodoggy. :P

The hideout you chose was actually one of my chicken coops. As I step in the coop with red plastic bat in hand, I see you hiding in the straw covered in ...well you know :shock: ...anyway, I hold the bat up and you reluctantly give up the thingy. :wink:

I run off with my prize only to have dropped it down a grate. It is now down in the sewer somewhere. :(
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 pm

You guys MUST have done one of these topics before- these are hilarious! I grab the Thingy out of the water as it floats by, sterilize it, and then eat it. :shock: Let's see how you get it now!

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I take my shiny alien device and scan you. Uh.. oh... there's a THING! :shock:
Setting my beaming device to the coordinates of the THING, and there we go, I beamed it out of you.
I give it to my clone to hide it in a safe on our Secret Base.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Yes, but due to zenoc's biologically altered digestive system, the Thingy becomes too oxide to handle, so, detected by your base's security systems it's tossed away. My mechanical dog just happens to pass by and collects it.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Zenoc2 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Crud! Remind me not to modify my digestive tract again. :? :)

I send my little spider-bot (I'll have to show you a sketch sometime) to retrieve the Thingy. Miraculously, he isn't eaten, and brings it back to me. I run it through my molecular re-assembler, getting rid of the oxidization, and returning it to its original form.

Proud member of the

Zenoc2
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 pm

What you didn't notice was that your spiderbot was bugged by Agent 77, who followed the spiderbot to your location. :)

After you nicely returned the THING to its original form, Agent 77 conks you on the head and takes the THING. She puts it in a crate marked, "White Rice", and sends it to a small Chinese restaurant (actually a front for our organization) in Spain, where it is placed in a locked refrigeration unit of which the walls are lined with special material that doesn't allow penetration from beams or detecting devices.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:35 pm

Unfortunately (for you) the chef sends a new waitor to get him the secret sauce, hidden in an exactly same refrigirator across the room. The waitor mixes up the fridges and takes the thingy. As soon as he finds out what it is, he tries to steal it and escape. As your guards run towards him, he trips and the thingy falls into the pocket of a very rich customer. When the guards try to pickpocket the customer, he leaves -obviously complaining- ranting on his way out. After he gets home, he finds the thingy in his pocket and sells it on e-bay. I bid first and get it.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:02 pm

But, after Doggy spends 400,000 euros on it, it turns it wa shipped to my home. I now mutilate the Thingy and split into a million pieces and spread them across the world.
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby reneuend » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 pm

But you used the post office where one of my agents is stationed. 8)

She recognizes you and takes all of the packages you tried to deliver and painstakingly puts all of the pieces of the Thingy in one box and takes it to my lab. :)

My best engineers put the Thingy back together again, but they make it look like a space rock. They also put a beacon device on it so I can track where it is located.

Then it is beamed into Saturn's belt and blends in with the rest of the rocks (aka moonlets).
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:34 pm

I love this thread.. its hysterical..! You're pretty good at this doggy..:D

Yes that's right it was me who worked at the post office..You think i work for you but i don't! I"m a double agent. I took The Thingy, after putting it together..leaving u a clone..It's a clone u had at the lab. The Thingy is now in a secret base in Russia--only very few know of ..~ I'ts behind tempered glass with top security guards around it --around the clock. The Thingy is well guarded.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm sneaking into the secret base, and see that the guards are bored.
I shout: "Hey instead of guarding around the clock, how about rocking around the clock?"
And I start to sing:
One, Two, Three O'clock, Four O'clock rock,
Five, Six, Seven O'clock, Eight O'clock rock.
Nine, Ten, Eleven O'clock, Twelve O'clock rock,
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight.

The guards start to dance, and I manage to get the key, and steal the THINGY.
Now I'm running off, and hide on a big tree :P
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Wow..I've got to hire better guards..:lol: Can't believe they fell for that..!# Needless to say..I fire those guards..Luckily for me, that was a decoy..muhahaha... The Real Thingy is hidden in an underground base at Area 51..where decoys of The Thingy are being made as we speak. They are about to be distributed all over the world.. There is only one true way of knowing which Thingy is which...
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:37 am

We've located one of your guards, who gladly talks about your organization and what to look for at Area 51. You also forgot to take his uniform and security card! How careless! We quickly make duplicates and now have 20 agents at Area 50 scouring for the real thingy. We found it...actually it was pretty easy because it was sitting in the Duplicating Universal Molecular Machine (DUMM). Agent 22 grabs the real Thingy and replaces it with the clone you left behind. By the time my team leaves Area 51, there are over 100 clones walking around the base.

The team takes the Thingy to our lab, where the engineers change the appearance of the Thingy into a Dinghy . The Dinghy is floating in the San Francisco Bay and the only way you can tell what it is, is by the name, "Have Thingy Will Travel".
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:02 am

Of course! That was careless! :x
Needless to say I take my long overdue vacation, by boat..--and no not the Titanic--so don't even go there.
Of course my time is better spent on deck--scouring the Bay with a special Barska spotting scope--Yes the passengers look at me strangely, but I'm on a mission. Low and behold before me is the Dinghy!.. 'Have THingy will travel'....Now somehow i have to convince the captain to follow it! or at least bring me aboard it--so I can take it to shore..The weather is against me, and of course i brought luggage--I am a woman. The Captain wasn't easy to convince--I could not let him know my identity..So I played the card most women know well..I whined..So... it was either listen to mee..or....and I"m now aboard -The Dinghy--The Thingy. 8)
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:54 pm

It's nice of you to come onboard the Dhingy Thingy, but your visit is short-lived. :)

What I didn't mention was that the engineers also attached a Personnel Only Detection Device (PODD) under the Dhingy Thingy. :wink:

Your presence is almost immediately known and you tossed back to the position you last came before you were on the Dhingy Thingy. :)

The captain is now also whining and he's not a woman! :? The last thing you heard and saw when you were back on the ship was, "Oh Noooooo, not her again!" as the captain ran off holding his head like it were about to fall off. :shock:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Kat12 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 pm

After falling off the deck of my cruise ship (The SS Minnow 2), I managed to swim to a tiny island. There wasn't enough driftwood to make a raft to get off the Island, but I did manage to put together a makeshift fishing rod using a branch along with debris that washed up on the beach.
While fishing I noticed a peculiar thing floating by...as it neared I realized it was a dinghy. I cast my line over and over again, and finally managed to snag the dinghy and pull it to shore. As I reeled it in the hull scraped against some coral and the PODD fell off. I got into the Dinghy thingy and started rowing until I could set the tiny sail. Just as I did that, a huge wind came up and blew us out to sea. The wind turned into a monsoon which blew us even further off course and we ended up in the Bermuda Triangle, where we (the Dinghy and I) both disappeared.
Kat12
Frequent Poster

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Good for me, as Bermuda Triangle is one of my organization's special interests. Scientists from all over the world, working for me were there, triangulating. :lol:

You were collected by one of my carriers and gave up the dhingy, knowing what your position was at the moment.
I, feeling generous, stopped my marines from feeding you to the sharks and sent you back home with my personal jet. Before you left I told you I would hide the Dinghy into Davie Jones' locker.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:21 pm

So, you dropped it into the deep sea over the Bermuda Triangle where you know full well there is deep sea research going on! :wink:

My organization has also been in the Bermuda Triangle, but not to study it, we have a 3 Submerisables scouring the ocean bottom for hydrothermal vents, where precious metals can be found. Hey! It's expensive to run a spy organization. :)

One of the submersibles locates the Dhingy Thingy next to a hydrothermal vent, but as they try to use the mechanical arm to retrieve it, the Dhingy Thingy is pushed on top of the vent. Instantly, the Dhingy Thingy is pushed to the surface where it gains boancy and floats to a nearby uncharted island. We are currently searching the area, but so far have only found the PODD. :(
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:40 pm

My GPS is beeping as I fly over the pacific ocean to Australia. I laugh in an evil way as I say: "I can't believe they fell for that! Even a caveman would know why I sent Kat back in one piece! And that was diversion"
The real Dhingy Thingy is still secure in my cabin, right next to me.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:50 pm

(haha, that thread should be a good storyline for a game)

I'm feeding Doggy some juicy bones, and he gets distracted for a while, so that I have time to search the cabin.
Yay, there is the THINGY!
I grab it, and give it the Easter bunny who is my friend, and who hides it in a basket full of Easter eggs :P
Mystery

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 pm

:lol:

The easter bunny is hopping around, giving eggs to everyone. One of my best agents catches him and brings him to base for questioning. We get him to our ultimate machine, the Inspector and we find out that he actually likes celery more than carrots. I try to bribe him but he stands there, not telling us which egg is the thingy. Then a scientist suggests using the new feature of the Inspector to find out the bunny's greatest fear... As soon as I get the results I start laughing once again, then I make a call. Not long later, one agent, dressed up as Santa walks into the room, handing out gifts. The bunny starts to scream, then surrenders the Thingy and we release him to freedom.

He's still running towards an unknown location.

PS: No Bunnies were hurt while writting this post.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Next

Return to General Chat